Moving to Australia, need to know the job oppurtunity

Hello,

I have plans to move to Australia with my husband. I wanna know the job market over there. I wanna know if its worth taking a PR and coming to australia and settle there. My husband is into sales and i am into administration. I also wanna know if i need to do any sort of courses (Short term) inorder to get a better job there. I have heard that its tough to get a job for ppl who are not in the skilled list. Anyone who knows more about all this please reply. Many thanks

Shazia Haroon

Shaz Haroon wrote:

Hello,

I have plans to move to Australia with my husband. I wanna know the job market over there. I wanna know if its worth taking a PR and coming to australia and settle there. My husband is into sales and i am into administration. I also wanna know if i need to do any sort of courses (Short term) inorder to get a better job there. I have heard that its tough to get a job for ppl who are not in the skilled list. Anyone who knows more about all this please reply. Many thanks

Shazia Haroon

Hi and welcome to the forum

Work in Australia is getting harder for locals to find as unemployment is rising now.  I don't think that sales and administration are on the skills list as they are jobs locals can do. 

As far a short courses go there are many, depending on what courses you intend to take. To do these you would have to come over on a student visa. This allows you to work part time 20 hours a week. If you were lucky enough to find part time work the money earned would not be enough to cover food, rent, utilities, transport, medical insurance cover.
You would have to bring sufficient funds to cover all of this. 

The courses would need to be focused on getting you qualifications which are on the skills list. For cost of living try this website www.numbeo.com

For work www.seek.com.au 

For visa information www.immi.gov.au

Many thanks. Well the consultancies here say that getting a job in Australia is not so tough but thats not what the common people say. As per the consultancies here,at first you might have to work at restaurants and stuff like that and then slowly you might get a better job. I did check the Skilled Occupations list, and like you said my occupation is not there in the list. But i could apply through some state consent. This is what the consultancies in India say.

So what kind of job are available for people who take PR and come to Australia.

Your reply is highly appreciated.

Shaz Haroon wrote:

Many thanks. Well the consultancies here say that getting a job in Australia is not so tough but thats not what the common people say. As per the consultancies here,at first you might have to work at restaurants and stuff like that and then slowly you might get a better job. I did check the Skilled Occupations list, and like you said my occupation is not there in the list. But i could apply through some state consent. This is what the consultancies in India say.

So what kind of job are available for people who take PR and come to Australia.

Your reply is highly appreciated.

Do not listen to consultancies as they are just after your money. They win whether you get a job or not.
Jobs are tough to get here. 
If your job is not on the skills list this means that you will have less chance of getting a job at all.

I am being realistic, not negative and do not bother with the consultants. If you accept what they tell you you could arrive here with very little money, not find a job and then have to come home again.

Many thanks for all the information.