HELP!! KL offer 5000 month, is this enough?

You can have a sterling account in Malaysia say with Standard Chartered, but its better to leave your money in the UK and use your debit card to withdraw from the ATMs (see below).

I actually get interest on my current account and to be honest, the interest rates in Malaysia on RM are over 3%, so it would be good to place your excess salary and bonuses straight into Fixed Term Deposit of say 3 months duration and increase your cash.

Just leave your accounts in the UK running and use your debit card (credit cards you pay interest from the date of the cash withdrawal) to withdraw money for the first month here (Max is about RM1500 at a time but it depends on the number of notes as there is a maximum) or ask for a salary advance. You may need to warn your bank you are going overseas so they dont think fraud is happening and block your card.

However, choose a bank you can get to during your lunchtime, as its very antiquated here and you have to sign papers for everything and take your passport each time (although they have a copy on file).

i dont think you have mutch to loos go ther and see your self you said you like aventurs