How safe is Lagos

Hi all,
My husband got job as marketing manager in gee pee industries(Owner is well known as palstic king in nigeria).He got 1700 in us dollers as package and accomodation +transportation.
My question is could you please share me the working enviroment in lagos.Also health,safty and family accomadation.He has to develop his team there.Will it be possible.
Can anybody give some valid advise for the local transportation.should have a driver with him to go?I think the company didnt offer any driver.

Thanks and Regards
Nuria

Lagos is a nice place to work and live.  though it may b stressfull  but if u r in thr, u will understand bettr. Ur hushand shld ask d company to get him driver cos to drive here in lagos road is diff frm othr state

I completely agree with the earlier post. Don't come to Lagos if your company doesn't provide car + driver. It's going to be real tough

Hi Nuria, Lagos is a safe place and u need not worry or scared about coming over with your husband for the job. Am sure, the company will make for you all a nice accommodation, as for local transport, am sure u would as the day goes by get to know a taxi driver that comes around to take u around as well,  the very cheap and commonest local transport via bus might not be convenient for your use especially unguided except you are in the trip with a local to guide u through! Go ahead with the acceptance. Come over and you will be amazed at the true picture of Lagos Nigeria.

Hi Nuria,

I agree with all the posts above. I grew up in Lagos and I have spent the past 5 years working with so many Indian companies. Gee Pee is a really huge company. It might be a bit tough but you will adapt very easily compared to other countries I have been to...
Like what the other contributors have said, if the company is no providing him with a car and a driver, he should not take the job.
Other tips for your husband is this. He should be very nice to those working with him, especially his driver, security guard and probably the house-help you might be employing. If these 3 people are happy, you will also be happy....
Tip them once in a while, ask about their families, when they come to you with a problem (and believe me, they will), try to help out in whatever way you can...

If you need any other info, please feel free to ask.. Cheers

Hi Nuria

The immediately preceeding gives some of the best tips.  If u adhere to them , life should be pretty comfortable. I can endorse that by my experience