6500 RM sufficient for a couple!!!

Hi coooolguy_tdh,

Nice to talk with some one who is familiar with my home own :-).

The visa and tickets will be by company but i need to check with them before acceptance. in accommodation, they are providing shared bachelor accommodation. one flat 3 BHK flat will be shared by 3. 

I am bit worried about the expenses over there, if you can aware me about the basic expenses,

Moreover, tax will be 26% for the first six month on the base salary, i believe?

is there any hindrance as per law for some one willing to visit INDIA after two months of joining? like if i join in oct would it be possible for me to travel back for 10 days.

finally, yes this is the good idea for ticket, thanks for the same. will ask for this surely

Thanks
Raj

Raj..
Dont worry about expenses as long as you are not used to an expensive lifestyle.. Food here is available almost everywhere.. Mamak stalls are good option but they get boring after sometime.. So you might wanna dig into some North India exclusive restaurants in Brickfields or KLCC area..
One dine out at a mid range fine dine restaurant will cost you around 100. So even if you go there once or twice every weekend, you dont hv to worry too much about the expenses. I think you should be able to pull off quite well within 3k. Rest all is savings after the taxes..
Just compare with your present situation in India. If you see considerable hike in savings, then really good for you..!
Well for your visit to India, i suppose u wanna be bk home for Diwali.. Dude I would suggest otherwise. Dont take chances and stay here in KL for min of 180 days continuously. Rest all you can check with your HR about further details and make a decision on that.!
Cheers..!

Hi coooolguy ,

I am currently getting 10 Lac CTC in India. what you say about this offer now?

No , i am not considering my visit near diwali. my purpose of visit will be family occasion.

:)

Raj
After you are seeming to have around 40% hike as in general. After six months of stay, when you become a tax resident, this multiplier will go higher. So if I was you, I would take the offer..
But still do consider your trip back to India within th first six months. Best is as I said earlier, check with your HR. I even read somewhere that if you come back within certain period of time, there are no implications. So best is to make sure with your HR.
Cheers..!

Thanks for the valuable inputs... I will  let you know in case more info required.

Thanks
Raj

raj8687 wrote:

Thanks for the valuable inputs... I will  let you know in case more info required.

Thanks
Raj

Welcome..! :)

Hi Experts,
I am in India and I have been offered a job with MYR7000/month(in KLL). Accommodation(condo) and utility except cable TV charges would be provided by company. I would like to move along with my wife(no kid yet). In India I am earning approx Rs.62K/month.Health Insurance would be provided only for me. I need to purchase insurance for my family personally.
Initial travel and visa cost for me and my wife would also be provided by the company.
So, before I accept the offer, I just wanted to take the expert's opinion about this offer. Do you think with this offer I can lead a decent life and also save some money?

Please suggest!
Thanks in advance.

Yes

Hi,

I am an Indian, I got an offer of 6500RM from an IT company and moving to KL. I have 4 year's of exp and I am single. The company is not providing any kind of accommodation and other utility. Can you please suggest with this salary, can i leave normal lifestyle with savings

Regards,
Rahul

Yes, for a single person it will probably leave you about RM2500 definitely for savings. But a lot will depend on how much you spend on accommodation and how lavish a lifestyle you lead. If you live alone and have to pay all your bills yourself, then it will eat into your "profit". If you live in a flatshare, then your expenses for home will be less. A lot will depend on where you will work as you may in some locations be able to find yourself a place to live for around RM1k per month and a flatshare would be RM400-500, just to give you a comparison. Other locations a flat share would be RM1200-1500 and a sole occupancy would be RM2400-3500. Most accommodation is based on size but also age of the building. The further away from KL you get, the cheaper it becomes.

Hi Gravitas,

Thanks for your reply. My work location is Menara CitiBank, Jalan Ampang. Can you please tell around this area where I can find cheap flat share. And how is this area in terms of connectivity and other necessary stuff required for living.

Regards,
Rahul

Dont think you will find anywhere inexpensive to live near Menara Citibank.

Suggest you look at Brickfields or Wangsa Maju. Anywhere on the LRT train line from Gombak to Kelana Jaya would be suitable as well, but getting to it in places further out from the city will possibly be more problematic. 

Good resources to check flat sharing are www.ibilik.my and www.mudah.com.my

Flat sharing in Gaya condo Bangsar might also be an possibility, but its a new building so the prices will be higher as the total rentals will cost more.

I dont know the bus routes along Jalan Tun Razak, but if there is connectivity to Regalia condo, and others in the opposite direction. But again all depends on how much you want to spend on accommodation.

My budget for accommodation is around 550 to 700 RM. Is it possible to get flat share in the range?

Yes, a flat share is likely to be in your budget - just check out the links provided. You can select areas in ibilik from the panel on the right or just put brickfields, etc. in the keyword field.

Building....

sasha_08 wrote:

Building....

:unsure

One word posts are rather vague. Please add something of value when posting. One word posts such as yours are frowned upon by admin.

Hi,

How about a salary of 28K per month + transportation allowance of 1300. The company also pays for my cell phone expense plus a small sum (i think 60RM per month) for broadband expenses. No accommodation. What are your views?

Regards,
Neel

OK for senior management position that can, if desired, lead to a Talentcorp visa which has a minimum monthly net qualifying salary of RM20k.  Check the tax slabs (progressive percentages i.e. more you earn, more you pay). Part of your salary will be 28% deduction.

https://www.pwc.com/my/en/assets/public … ooklet.pdf

Most expats would certainly NOT want to be paid in MYR so negotiating a salary split with part paid in a mainstream currency would be a good idea.

The tax rates can be found here - http://lampiran.hasil.gov.my/pdf/pdfam/01_2017_2.pdf