Studying Culinary Arts in Australia

Hi all,

First of all I would like to say thanks to everyone for reading my post and would really appreciate as much comments as possible from you guys living there.

I am planning to migrate to Australia so to start of with, I am going to pursue an Australian Education which will enable me to have better chances of getting a PR. As such, I will be pursuing my studies in Culinary Arts as Chefs are in the Skilled workers list and this would also give me some advantage in finding a job there.

What I would like to find out is about the difference between the 2 schools that am currently considering.
1.Le Cordon Bleu
2. TAFE

As Le Cordon Bleu is a very well renowned school, I have heard that it would be easier to find a job after graduation. As a result, I would prefer this school if the job prospects are better. On the other hand, the school fees are extremely high. It could cost as much as 3 times what TAFE cost.

Then as for TAFE, I heard that it isn't as good and the opportunity to find job will be much more difficult as it is not a very good school. But the school fees are really affordable.

So I would like to hear from you guys if you have any idea about these school. Thanks everyone!

I can't help with the cooking side but I would like to say one thing about the jobs in the Skilled workers list.

The types of jobs on the list can change.  That one MAY not be there once you finish.

A few years ago Nurses where on the list, and many people began training as nurses, but then there were enough Australian Residents/Citizens trained as nurses, and that was removed from the list.  This actually left 1,000's of overseas nurses without the opportunity to move to Australia, and without jobs in their own countries.

Just be aware that this can happen.