Places to visit in Pune

Hi,

For the ones living in Pune, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Pune, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Pune?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

A lot many places around Pune to visit. Specially in rainy season. Its depend what your choice? A lot many food option as well as good night life. Please feel free to contact me if you need to explore Pune.

Thanks
Anil

Hello Anil.

Thank you for your contribution.

Please note that Julie is a member of the Expat.com Team and that this topic aims at acquiring informations on the must-see places in Pune.

So, if you want to share this with us, you're welcome.

Thanks.

Karen :)

Hi Karen,

Thanks for your message. If you are  nature lover than you can visit Lonavala, Khandala, Mahableshwar, Panchgani, Singhgarh, Panset, Mulshi....a lot many beautiful natural places where you can find water falls, dam, etc....

Are you in Pune ?

Thanks
Anil

Pune has several places of historical importance as well as modern day. Ideal thing would be to take a one day tour operated by PMT from Deccan Gymkhana. You may thereafter revisit the places that interests you most.

Julie,

In Pune itself the main historical places to visit would be: Aga Khan Palace, Shaniwar Wada, Katraj Snake Park, Parvati Hill, Saras Baug, Pataleshwar Cave Temple.

For day trips out of the city: Lavasa, Lonavla, Mahabaleshwar,
Little Longer of a trip would be Ellora and Ejanta

We also have some of the top universities for those in Academia

Cricket: The Pune Warriors Play Cricket right outside the city.

Kat

Hi,

When I first arrived in Pune I did the Heritage walking tour of the old City. It had a bit of insights into Pune/Indian history, architecture, festival, food, music.
My husband, who is from Pune, learn a lot too actually.

It's only on week-ends though!

You can see more on their website:
janwani.org/site/projects/pune-heritage-walk/

Ho and it's really cheap!
And once the tour is over you can get nice Thali around, go shopping on Laxmi road / Tulsi Baug market for fabrics/souvenirs.
Then if you want more, go spend a couple of hours in the Raja Dinka Kelkar Museum.
Everything is within walking distance.

B.

Hi Julie.

I am not answering your question, but I have recently moved to Pune myself and would like to meet some other expats if you are interesting? I just arrived two days ago and do not no anyone or the city. I am working in Thermax for the next 5 month. Let me know if you are interested?

Best regards,
Jacob

Hi jacobmv,

Please feel free to create a new topic on the Pune forum, as your post is quite off topic. This might be more useful. :)

Thank you,

David.

hey hiii u can vist many palce in pune such as singhad fort khadakvasla dam. osho in koregaon park and many more historical places. u can also take the govt bus which a one day tour where u are shown all pune city. if u want any help regarding this u can mail me or callme
suyash godbole 9890638068
[email protected]

hello team member
       i am an estate agent and city guide from pune. i have good contacts in expats living here. so to help them i have made a document about places to visit in  pune . if you want i ll send it to you, thanx

Hi puneproperty,

I think that it would be a good idea if you can share the document on the forum itself, so as all the members can beneficiate from it. ;)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Lonavala is the one of the best place located nearby Pune.
If you want to stay for a night at Lonavala then there are many resort for affordable accommodation with multi cuisine restaurants like United-21 Retreat Lonavala

Locations in Pune:
Sinhagad,
Matheran,
Panchagani,
Lavasa.

Tourist places:
Kelkar museum,
Shaniwar wada,
Ajanta Ellora caves,
Bhaja caves.

Best restaurants in Pune:
Malaka spice