New members of the Morocco forum, introduce yourself here

What a pity I didn't see the posts. had a drink at Marcel Cerdan today.

I'll post when I go to Casa next.

imanpc wrote:

Hi dear am teenager girl from different parents my mom is morrocan
I speak English but
I went to Rabat only to times once in 2013
And this summer I went there only for one day

So Darija (or Arabic) is your first language?  The "Hi dear" is a dead giveaway.

You are based and brought up in Casablanca?

Hello, I'm from Morocco and I Like Finlande

What do you like about Finland? The cold weather?

laduqesa wrote:
imanpc wrote:

Hi dear am teenager girl from different parents my mom is morrocan
I speak English but
I went to Rabat only to times once in 2013
And this summer I went there only for one day

So Darija (or Arabic) is your first language?  The "Hi dear" is a dead giveaway.

You are based and brought up in Casablanca?

Sounds like a previously banned member. Can't we ever have some genuine members on here that are up for serious discussion? I don't think I've met one yet. I signed up because I wanted to learn and share. I haven't been able to do that yet, as mostly I've come across people with selfish ulterior motives for being on here, sending me msgs of a fraudulent nature, or posting clearly scammy comments on the forums, pretending to be something they are not, and leaving their contact details.

Hello All People In the Forum
My name is Jamal ,from morocco ,I`m almost 31 ,I will be 31 on 24 Jan :), speak of course Arabic,french,english
im a new  genuine member here ,and I live in morocco. . .
So  Im sure I would give hand help if any of expat people who just came to live here its always a pleasure :)
I live close to rabat, * Khemisset*
so Feel free to contact me anytime :)
have wonderful Day

Damn dude, you serious? I'm born on the 24 January as well! Second person I've met who is born on this day!

yes Im serious, I can ask you Plz?

smoothpainter wrote:

yes Im serious, I can ask you Plz?

Smooth painter, XB23 is just highlighting the fact that he can't believe some one out of around 7 billion people has their birthday on the same day that he does.

He is not actually asking you to be serious

he didnt ask me to be serious ,but im serious  :)

HAY.I SAY YOUR ANNONCE .I DONT THINK THAT WILL BE APROBLEME .YOU NEED 3 MONTHE TO LEARN THE LANGUGUE.FRENCH IS NOT IMPORTANT AS LONG AS YOU CAN SPEAK DARIJA

FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN RIGHT ME A MAIL
[email protected]
ADIL

Hello Adil

Welcome to the forum. But whose "annonce" did you see? I'm afraid your message offering "help" does not make much sense.

Hello everybody
I'm amine, 30 years old, I'm from safi ( morocco) n Im going to live in tangier since next Monday !!

Hi I'm Ed from the UK, soon to be in Agadir – beginning Feb. 2015. I'm not new to an expat life style having lived in New Mexico, Lanzaote and Germany. I'm looking for work so if anyone has any tips I'd be glad to hear from you. I've had a varied career so can turn my hand to all sorts – sales manager, bakery manager, vegetarian chef, editor and writer.

That's all for now, Bye.

welcome
;)

Hi all,

Just moved to Casablanca,,must say had few amazing night out.

Language is bit of pain but managing with help Google, somehow !!!

Still on lookout for decent squash club and partner,

Amazing time ahead ,, let's see

Regards
Ash

Hi Amine,
this is  Id  from Oman.
40 years old.

i was in Tangier and want to come back again in the futere.

Hope to c u then .

Id.

Hello,

My name's Youssef. I am a Moroccan national living in Mohammedia and Marrakech. Nice to meet you.

It only just occurred to me that a "newbie intro" post in the French section doesn't necessarily show up in the English section.

So, a month or so later, I'm Kevin, a Brit, already expat in Switzerland and with Brigitte my wife am planning on pre-retiring to Morocco sometime in the next three years and possibly running a small guest house to eke out our pension.

We're looking at properties south of the Atlas, mainly between Ouarzazate and Boumalne. Five guest rooms and big garden with trees in case anyone has anything for sale.

We'll be over to look at places the first week in March 2015. If any of you live around the area, let us know :)

Well needless to say, the Francophone forum is far more active than this one. So it was the right thing that you posted there, before here. And yes, posts on that forum, doesn't appear here. Just keep an eye out on chancers/scammers. They have a habit of sending fraudulent offers via private messages.

Hello, my name is Paulette.  I have recently married a Moroccan national and am looking to perhaps move over.  My only concern is being able to find a job as i only have English as a spoken and written language.  I have experience in the music industry, film industry, aviation, travel and tourism, office administration, reception and PA work.  If there are any opportunities that anyone may know of, please feel free to get in touch as i would be more than happy to hear from you.

Regards,

Paulette

Most likely, you will have to bring him over to live with you (if you satisfy the UK Spouse Visa requirements). Prospects for foreigners is really limited in Morocco. I don't want to give you some false hope.

welcome to Marocco if u need any help asks me  :)

Lots  of tourism jobs rep etc contact the UK companies x

Hi everybody,

This is to inform you that this thread has been created for the introduction of the new members only and if you have some specific questions to ask, i will advise you to create a new thread on the Morocco forum.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

I moved to Essaouira medina from New York City in late Sept 2014 after visiting Morocco many times over nearly 20 years. I am a jewelry designer, Morocco travel consultant, pianist, cook and organizer. Looking forward to making new friends in my new home. Sadly my only fluent language is English. (A true American)I am a vibrant, friendly American.

Hi,

I am hoping to study Arabic and French for a bit in Morocco, as well as a few other countries so I am on here just for some background research and to hopefully make contacts with people so I have friends when I arrive :)

Thank you for your reply, i seem to be getting random people wanting to practice their English with me?

I am hoping to apply for a UK Visa in April, when all my ducks are in a row but if it is rejected i will have to move.  Im just trying to research any UK companies or English language based business but as you said there seems to be nothing.

Hello Bettina,
I look forward to meeting you!

Are you participating in the clean-up next Sunday? I plan to attend.

Freya

Hello,
I also am American & living in Essaouira (medina) since late Sept 2014.

What kind of art do you do? I am a pianist (looking for an instrument) , jewelry designer and Moroccan tour consultant.

Are you helping on Sunday with the clean-up? I'm not quite sure where to meet.

Separately we could meet for tea.
Freya

Surfmirleft wrote:

Thank you for your reply, i seem to be getting random people wanting to practice their English with me?

PMs in your inbox?

Ignore these chancers who are up to no good.

Yes, exactly that.  I can well imagine the nonsense that will come through, even thinking not such a good idea to be on here?  You can feel free to PM if you like  :)

Hi :-)  -- The system asked me to introduce myself. I grew up on three continents (I'm not new to expat life), have lived mainly in NY city since 1979, and have recently been asked to take a job teaching college in Rabat, starting as soon as February. Just looking to talk to folks already in Rabat who can give local advice. Feel free to reply here on this site, or to my main outside email, gregcultlit at gmail ...

Regards to all, and thanks!

Greg

Hi Greg,
I'm a New Yorker too recently moved to Essaouira (Sept 2014). I plan to be in Rabat for an art exhibit later in Feb and maybe we could say hello?

you may find, as I did, that the expat community is vital to a healthy social life!

Best wishes,
Freya Ellinwood

hello hwag kang mag alala kabayan kong dito kna sa marakech marami kang makilalang pilipino dito .

Surfmirleft wrote:

Yes, exactly that.  I can well imagine the nonsense that will come through, even thinking not such a good idea to be on here?  You can feel free to PM if you like  :)

That's exactly how I felt. Because I came here seeking info, sharing knowledge, but sadly most of what I've experienced on this forum, is scams, offers of 'help', 'exchange of culture', and to make matters worse, ridiculously boring & eye-sore marriage threads. There isn't much else going on I'm afraid. I've reported a dozen chancers & tried speaking out against them, but the response has only been defamation, lame threats & personal attacks.

angel grace wrote:

hello hwag kang mag alala kabayan kong dito kna sa marakech marami kang makilalang pilipino dito .

ENGLISH please........

Shame really..... its sooooo difficult to get information, real information.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=437615

Thanks!

Closed