S Pass rejected

Hi, my name is Suwandi. Just few days ago i just got an info from employer that want to hire me, they said that my s pass application is unsuccessful, it really breaks my heart even until today, because this is my second rejection. I am 22 years old fresh grad btw from reputable Uni in Singapore with no experience, last time i also got rejected with salary 2.5k/month, the second rejection with 3k salary/ month. The HR have tried to help me by asking to MOM why i got rejected because they think i fulfil all the requirements required. I asked HR to appeal for me but they said they also wish to, but MOM stated that i am not allowed or eligible to work in Singapore, thats why they can't appeal for me. Anyone knows or experienced this before? is this because i don't have full-time experience?because last time i only worked as a part-timer. I also wanna ask, should i bury my dream to work in Singapore?:'( Thanks before.

It is very difficult for a fresh grad without experience to get a work pass in Singapore. Maybe you can first work a few years elsewhere before trying again?

It all depends on your employer I think and how much they want you. My employers applied for a WP for me because it is difficult to get into SG to work without prior experience (fresh grad). I was also a fresh grad, I graduated from US and now I'm working under a WP but I am paid much higher (following the contract and terms my employers have given me). I will swap over to an E/S Pass perhaps next year or in a few years.

Hi Lynn,

When MOM rejects your application, the reasons are unknown. One of the main reason is, the experience and  salary. To get a p2 pass one needs at least 4500 SGD a month and a P1  is  pegged at 8000 SGD. S pass applications are not successful now a days.  Do not give up your hope, as mentioned by others in the forum, try and get some experience in another country for about 6 months  this should be able to help you find a job in SG.
I have been through with this, and i can understand what you would be thinking as you are reading this reply.

One of the main advantage for you is having completed your graduation in Singapore. At any time you want to return you can. Imagine if your graduation was some where else?

Never, never give up, look for more avenues.... you will find your dream job

Warm Regards
Prof Anoop Nagarajan
Singapore

Sorry i mentioned the name incorrectly, my apologies, kindly read it as Suwamdi.

The abovementioned EP classes (P1, P2 and Q) have been abolished about a year ago, and S-Passes can still be had, although it's more difficult than in the past. But the rest of what Anoop said is correct.

Thanks all for the inputs, gladly appreciated. Anyone knows how long approximately should i wait to reapply for the pass? like is there any waiting period after rejection?

There is no required waiting period, but you (and the employer) have to fulfill all the criteria.
Try the SAT (on MoM's webpage) to see if you qualify!