Marrying a pakistani, moving to Pakistan

Bon, merci énormément pour votre conseil. Je l'apprécie bcp.
Peut etre que je ss encor jeune , mais je ne ss pas naïf pour vivre avec l'amour. En effet quands la misère entre par la porte, l'amour s'enfuis en fenêtre.
Pour ton question, je pense que oui, par ce que le Mr aurais son phd dans un pays développé en Asie cette année, pakistan est son dernière carte si il n'a pa trouvé un travail au bord.
Pour moi et fustha, je ne conte pas sur quelle carrière.
Autre fous merci et je ss heureuse pour ta fille.
Ps: if u didn't understand what I have said please ask me to rewrite it in Eng , I have no pro

Ce sera mieux si nous écrivons en anglais, cette façon d'autres vont comprendre la conversation

If he cant find a job now outside of Pakistan, it is unlikely that he will find one in Pakistan, even if he is a Ph.D.. At the most he will be a teacher which is not going to be paying him enough for you two to live in some sort of Western type of comfort. Remember, according to sources on the internet the unemployment rate in Pakistan is  between six to 10 percent. This does not count the underemployment when someone cannot earn a living wage. My guess is that the figure could be almost 40 to 50 percent.

Unlike Morocco, Pakistan is a very poor country. Here is some comparison

Human Development Index.....................Pakistan........146............Morocco.......130 (Higher number is bad)
Infant mortality (Deaths per 1000)..........PK.................86..............Morocco........31
Corruption .............................................PK..................127............Morocco......91  (this is standing in the world)
Per capita income per year....................PK..................$1380........Morocco......$3030
Electric Power consumption...................PK....................449..........Morocco........826...

You can read all kinds of statistics here,

data.worldbank.org/news/release-of-world-development-indicators-2014

Last thing, you may not be able t find couscous anywhere except perhaps Islamabad..

What I am saying is that you must make a calculated decision. Security is not the only issue. I realize that you want to live in a Muslim country but in my opinion the present day religious atmosphere in Pakistan is rather stifling and has been hijacked by a few extremist. Pakistan of my youth is no more and there is hypocrisy galore everywhere. It will make you sick.

Good luck again,

Sambrial Assalam o alakum,

I understand and appreciate the statistical data you have presented. Although the figures are authentic, I still insist that our sister Mimi must give it a positive chance.

I feel that a Pakistani gentleman has seriously proposed Mimi for marriage, their must be a very strong element of love and admiration but unfortunately our friend could not convince Mimi's family that she will be well taken care of!

I have made a clear impression of the strength and strong character of Mimi, she is sure about her self and she is full of confidence but in our muslim society, the wife does not take the lead and is always living in the shadow of her husband and there is nothing wrong with it.

A Pakistani young man is culturally and socially dependent on his family in terms of economical resources and also on the level of expectations from him in terms of carrier achievements.

Allah sabhan a hu has rewarded every human being with tremendous potential and talents, I suggest it is time that we start talking to our young man, analyse what his strengths are and I am sure the couple can start a new life in Pakistan or abroad.

I agree with Sambrial that a person or a couple has to "polish up certain sets of skills" in  order to be competitive in the out side world, and one does not become rich just by being in a "foreign" country.

The circumstances of our "friend" ( Mimi what is his name?) could be very personal and he may not chose to discuss them all on a public forum, I offer my humble services.

اخوك من صدقك النصيحة

He may send me and email and I am sure I could be of some advise .

Riazcdki,

Respectfully, I dare say the following.

I am quoting you here... "the wife does not take the lead and is always living in the shadow of her husband and there is nothing wrong with it."

I do not want to go on a tangent, but a multilingual, (Arabic, French, English and perhaps Spanish and more) intelligent young lady such as Mimi would not be expected to live in the shadow's of her husband.

This kind of stereotyping about how Muslim women are considered/treated is the most misguided notion in the West which is false, incorrect, archaic and down right abominable. Your assertion as above is precisely contributing to  what the Islamophobic West has been drumming up all the time with fanfare. I know it because I live in the US. There is plenty of debate about Women's place in Islam in the west and in all honesty instead of being an apologist is not the way to go. هُنَّ لِبَاسٌ لَكُمْ وَأَنْتُمْ لِبَاسٌ لَهُنَّ indicates how equal men and women are  in Islam.

She DOES NOT need to be in the shadows of her husband but be his EQUAL partner as the cliche goes 'for better or for worse....".

Just a few modern historical anecdotes about the Muslim world when it comes to women might be of interest

The  second largest Muslim country (India) in the world after Indonesia elected a woman as Prime minister  in 1966.
The third largest Muslim country (Pakistan) elected a female prime minister in 1988
Had the elections not been rigged, Pakistan would have elected Fatimah Jinnah as the head of state in 1965.
Bangladesh, the fourth largest Muslim country in the world elected Khalida Zia as its first female PM in 1991.
Megawati Sukarnoputri became the first female President of Indonesia, the largest Muslims state on the planet  in 2001, 
Atifete Jahjaga, the first Muslim female ever was elected to Presidency of Kosovo in 2011. In fact the first female and the youngest person to be elected to the HIGHEST office in the Balkans,   .

So much for the backwardness of Muslims (I am being cynical here)

Now some facts about the West about the BIG ones.

Margaret Thatcher, first female PM of UK was elected 1979, almost 14 yrs later than Indira or Fatimah Jinnah.
Angela Merkel, the first ever female German Chancellor came to office in 2005.

No powerful European country including Japan, Australia and New Zealand have ever elected a woman to the highest office of the Chief Executive in the 20th century including the heavyweights such as France, Spain, Italy, Canada, Sweden,Netherlands,Belgium, and the list goes on

And the so-called higher status of women in the west keeps tooting its horn.

And the biggest surprise of all

Hillary Clinton may (and that is a big MAY) capture the Presidency of the US in 2016 much to the dismay of the male-dominated American society.

I can go on and on. Pakistan has more women in the parliament than, United States, Ireland Japan, India, Russia, Turkey, South Korea, Czech Republic and almost an equal number as in the UK, China,

I am just having fun with you. Please forgive me if in any way I have offended you.

Mimi is a smart girl and I hope that she will make an informed decision. Of course I wish her good luck.

Brother Sam,

I am impressed by your knowledge and the hard work you have put into the blog. I made a very innocent comment on how I have perceived the role of muslim women in the three countries I move in (UK, Saudi and Pakistan). I do not want to to counter your arguments most of them are true any way, just a note on the number of female  parliamentarians in Pakistan.

a) 95% of them have not said a single word in their 5 year tenure.
b) 85 % of them have been absent from the parliament more than 70 % of the times.
c) 80 % of them are dummies since they are daughters or wives or daughter in laws of feudal lords who did not qualify themselves since they did not fulfill the requirement of being a college graduate.

More over the lifestyle and the culture our female parliamentarians enjoy has no correlation or connection with the real life challanges faced by professionals and businessmen like you and me.

I hope I have not hurt the feelings of our dear sister Mimi by saying that ' wives live under the shadow of the their husbands' at least this is how my wife says she feels. If i have I do sincerely want to apologize to her.

(Moderated: off topic)

english please?

follow your heart!!!

hi my name is mohammed i can help you so tell me what help you need in pakistan it is save specially in lahore so i will contact with any one if you need my mail is [email protected]    so feel free to contact with me

Dear sister. Pakistan is really a very strick and dangerous country. Here it is very hard to live as a pakistani im telling you. Here life is hell as compated to your country. kindly dont spoil your life. pakistani ppl are moving out for their better future. Some places are good enough where you can live in peace but still my advise is to stay there and marry a guy which is from your culture, your country. You will have to face like hell problems here. Hope you will choose a right path. :-)

Pakistan is very very cheap compare to Morocco or some other developing countries, so even with a modest income you and your spouse can survive here. Majority of Middle Income families having houses and small cars are having income of USD 400 to 500 per month. Many foreigners working here, you can apply to be a French and Arabic Teacher. Try at NUML University in Islamabad, they always seek Foreign Language teachers for their Certificate and Diploma programs and can earn uptp USD 1000 per month which is a very decent amount in Pakistan. Do not worry with all those things said on this thread. Just go for it and move to Pakistan. It is country with 6 times bigger Population than Morocco, imagine a country of 180 million people.. So its difficult to have an idea from few opinions you get on this site. I am sure you will love this place once you are here.

exactly!!

islamabad is very nice and safe place..

Hello EB Team,

I feel the OP Mimi has disappeared since long and this old thread will only mislead our new members. I feel it is time to close this. :cheers:

wa salaam

Hello Spaaqua,

I appreciate the information you have provided, let us not forget that our OP Mimi stopped responding long time ago and I doubt if this issue is still valid.  :)

I think it has something to do with a person's personality - some like to lead a life between the cogwheels turning and reshaping the fortune, making the lives of other fellow beings better. All the great inventors, writers, discoverers, pioneers were such personalities; could have lived a comfortable luxurious lives else where in better pursuits; but I guess,  Tolstoy, Beethoven, mother Teresa and many others lived for humanity at large and or for inner feelings of their souls. It has to be an intuitive decision for a better soul.

@Cathy522008 Cathy ph number please I'm moving to Pakistan in September and I'm a kiwi.It would be nice to know a westerner there

@Cathy522008 Cathy I'm from New Zealand and moving to Pakistan soon in September to be with my husband.I would love to have contact with you add me on fb Amina Amna plz

@riazcdki I would have to agree I'm a NZ about to move to Pakistan I'm already married to a Pakistani,who is tied to his country for family reasons.Money is a huge factor as I know I'm I am going to a lower middle class family and myself wonder what I can do to contribute to the household.

@blingbargins2016 In which city, are you coming in Pakistan ... Amina?