How you find India ???

Dear All,

This is a question to all the expats living in India....i want to know how they feel about this Country and what makes a difference when they are here..................need your view and opinions..........if you feel like sharing..........

Thanks in advance........

Regards,
Anil

India is awesome place to live

kaps1144 wrote:

India is awesome place to live

Thanks kaps1144..........

Regards,
Anil

Living in India is a mixed bag.  The people we have met are friendly and try to be helpful.  It is extremely economical to live here.  Healthcare is good and inexpensive.  However the infrastructure is bad and getting worse.  Travel is difficult.  We are experiencing increased loss of electricity this year than we did last year.  India is sinking in her own garbage.  The country is corrupt and a bribe is the only way to get anything done.  Things dont work well or dont work at all.

I am very glad for the experience of living here.  We have decided we will leave around Oct 2016 and will not be back except to visit family on a short visit.  There are other countries out there that are clean , affordable with decent infrastructure.

Hello whiteindiangrandmother,

You are right to some extent but not all are corrupt and all the works cannot be only done without bribe..........Things are changing very fast in India and all will be well within this new Govt. but still its a nice place to leave with liberty.............

Regards,
Anil

Yes, there is liberty.  I am just tired of slamming into walls.  It is just plain difficult to get anything done here.  I am really tired of the garbage in the streets and poorly maintained roads.

I can't refuse or argue on that because i asked the suggestions and opinions ..........so its your view but hope till you will stay everything goes well and your works get done easily............

Regards,
Anil

Dont worry grandma you will soon fly away to your dream land :). As an indian girl I do admit of problems likes garbage and corruption  but I get carried away by the warmth of people here which cannot be found anywhere in this world. Also its a land of yoga, yogis and spirituality plus beautiful people with bigggg hearts. Thats why I love India!!

hello guys, i am married to indian guy (goan guy) and been to india twice and stayed for a couple of months, all i can say is people are nice, very helpful but some are cheaters esp when they know u are foreigner haha but not all okay? i am flying back to goa next week and will stay for three months :)

Hello Cynthia,

Just like you and your husband my wife and myself are thinking of doing the same thing -- living in Uttarkhand. Can you please advise about locating cottages for long term rental.

India is awesome place with incredible culture and religion. Only thing we have clean the streets to make it more beautiful.

You may not get many options on this site. Visit stayzilla.com or safronstays.com for numerous options.

Hello....There are places for rent.  They are difficult to find as most do not advertise on the intranet.  We found our cottage by word of mouth.  You can try OLX India.  Hover they have mostly for sale listings.  You may have to come to the area you are thinking about and ask.  Start with the local tea stall.

Best of luck.  Cynthia

myshasingh wrote:

.... the warmth of people here which cannot be found anywhere in this world.

Depends on how you define "warmth of heart" and how you choose to feel it.
There are people all over the world who have their share of "warmth of heart" in their politeness, manners and hospitality. To get to the bottom of it, you have to understand and appreciate their culture and acknowledge the differences.
Rest assured, you can NEVER feel their warmth if you always try to get it the Indian way..