Why Positive List "Finance Controller" Visas getting Rejected

Hi Guys,

I have seen these days most of the people who applied for "Financial Controller" under Other Academic In Positive list for green card applications getting rejected by embassy nearly 3 to 5 people having same issue including me the positive list was updated on 1 July 2014 and shows that position is still available but embassy is rejecting applications by stating the position is not available. How it is possible when they clearly shows In positive list.

Any body had any comments please share.

Hello Vamsi,

I'm pretty much sure that a financial controller equals to a Chartered Accountant AKA an ACCA professional degree (UK). And clearly B.Com or B.B.A or Bachelors Finance + a M.B.A or M.Com or M.Sc Finance ( Wherever it may be from - UK or India) does not correspond to a Financial Controller. (Unlike in india, most countries business school takes Chartered Accountancy as a professional course). Indian B.School's are popular for M.B.A's.

It may be hard for you to accept the fact that I am saying this and everybody is certainly entitled to their own opinion i.e a subjective opinion. But this is the hard truth. And I'm sure about the general opinion that they pick different subjects and are saying not eligible for the positive list points. And I hear some BS that they are intentionally doing this. There is no way they do this on intention. Because it's a fact.

Personally, also I know many persons who are chartered accountants - are the one's working as a financial controller and if they are very experienced then Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Again you may quote plenty of subjects & modules from your masters and say that you are eligible for the points as a Financial Controller from the positive list. Well, Good luck proving this to the authorities.

You can also quote Business Controller instead of Financial controller. I hope it gives a chance to consider the PL points. But again all depends on the internal criteria and code of practice within the agency.

Cheers.:-)

PS: They might have issued points previously for M.B.A or Masters Finance to your friends or others in PL. But nobody knows how much points they scored for the granted visa. Only they know claimed points and rejected visas are the ones which knows how many points scored. Good Luck

Hi Satya,

Ok If CA is only valid for Finance controller position what about theses position

Auditor ( Masters)
Business controller
Business analyst

these all says it required just 3 years degree they does not mentioned any where in website only a specific degree is only valid.

one of my friend who completed his B.com from India and MBA(Finance) from UK working as a Finance Advisor for 2 years in UK also got rejected with the same issue so what do you think what happens in his case.

and another one from hyd who has done his CA & MBA from India also got rejected recently.

so i was a bit confusion why they are doing this ?

Hi,

In positive list, to my knowledge I don't see Auditor (Masters) is listed. Again for Business Controller, as I told earlier you can try saying that in your appeal and ask for the 10 points.

I'm an engineer myself and I worked as a business analyst for couple of years. So I can easily say that there is an possibility both business degree holders and engineers can become business analysts. It's the most easiest job title you can get after almost any math, finance and science based degree.

Also there are exclusive Masters business analysis and data analysis courses are avaliable throughout Europe. So you can try asking points for business analyst and if you are lucky they may consider it as well.

Finance Advisor is an entirely different job profile. Do ask any of your experienced HR friends about all these job designations and tasks.

Of all the things you mentioned CA + MBA (if it is true). He SHOULD get the visa.

Put all the things which you described here in the appeal as your defense and try convincing them. And again they have their own criteria and code of practice as I said earlier.

Good luck mate.:-) cheers..:-)