Relocation to Morocco in 2015- Looking to Open a small Riad

Hi all 
I have been a few times to Morocco and i have made the decision to rellocate there in 2015. It is two of us who are completely in love with the country and its peoples...we are looking into opening a little riad there  and so any help/advice would be much appreciated  and any proposals also very welcome  ....look forward to your messages!!!! By the way...our most likely base.....Essaouira :)

Hi
Just read your introduction. I'm English and my wife's Moroccan.
We have a large riad in Marrakech which has never been used commercially but has permission.
Since we live in Rabat we want to sell the riad and for that reason we are putting it on the market at 140,000 Euros. It has 2 bathrooms, 2 kitchens and 8 bedrooms and 10 minutes walk from the main square. If you're interested let me know.
Cheers
Simon

Hello robfal

Welcome to Expat.com!

A new thread has been created as from your post on the Essaouira Forum so as to help you get better response.

--------------------------------

@Simon : Concerning the Sale of you Riad, I would suggest you to please place an advert in our section Housing In Marrakech

Regards
Kenjee

Im  moroccan british  if  looking for any information about riad I will be happy to give you good knowlege about marrakech city and the good location. Im honestly looking to work for someone. Im a chef  qualified in international cuisine.and know a lot of about cooking   work in many establishment like hotel and fine dinning restaurant and I do know as well about managing stuff and motivation and team leader.. plz if you need any more about me just email me I will be happy to  provide u with more information..
Just be carfull on price of the msrket sir  and the location of the riad if u want buy a riad. .they double prices for  ec citizens.  .just tell me what do u want to know I will tell you the true information about morocco city.

Ur sincerly
Abdu

robfal wrote:

Hi all 
I have been a few times to Morocco and i have made the decision to rellocate there in 2015. It is two of us who are completely in love with the country and its peoples...we are looking into opening a little riad there  and so any help/advice would be much appreciated  and any proposals also very welcome  ....look forward to your messages!!!! By the way...our most likely base.....Essaouira :)

Hi. Good luck in your project. [moderated: do not generalise] Avoid anyone at all who has joined the site simply to say that they will "help" you. What they actually mean in the majority of cases is that they will milk you dry. Only bother with people who have a verifiable posting history.

Delete PMs that are unsolicited without reading them, If someone has a sensible offer, they can place it on the forum for everyone to assess and to be able to advise you.

NEVER deal with intermediaries from this or any other forum. Deal with owners themselves face to face. You will have to come over and see the properties and arrange the purchase yourselves. This will take a considerable amount of time.

Insist on seeing the actual qualifications of potential employees. Get references and speak to the people who gave the references face to face. Assume that anything said to you is a lie until you know it's the truth.

Be suspicious all the time. Why are they selling? Is it that the location is rubbish? Is there a structural problem? Did the riad get a bad reputation for some reason?

I've seen so many foreigners lose their money over here to cheats and scumbags over the years that I simply want you to be careful. I know that what I have written sounds like a counsel of despond, but, please, be really careful.

Hi again. I forgot something. You want to be based in Essaouira, you say. If you see somewhere you would like to buy, make sure you see the property in both summer and winter. Essaouira is damp at the best of times, even all year round, but winter poses some particular problems especially for interior rooms or those without a window. I have seen others make this mistake  - half the rooms being unusable for 5 months of the year because they stank of damp and mould and condensation rolled down the walls.