Help!!

Hi everyone,

Sorry I need some help this is probably a silly question but... I've been living in Bulgaria for an 5 months now with my Bulgaria boyfriend, I plan on staying he for the foreseeable future I'm from England and my boyfriend assured me I didn't have to do anything before living or working in Bulgaria!!

But I've started to get worried so after browsing online at endless jobs this morning I started to look into visa's and what not and i think I may be in trouble!! :( maybe I not searching the right question but I think it say if I stay more than 3 months I'm in trouble.... Some one help my boyfriends useless I'm soo worried, what do I have to do now?

Am I gunna go to a Bulgarian prison for over staying my welcome???  :sosad:

xxxx

I believe that since you are from an EU country, you are legally allowed to stay in another EU country for 6 months without registering for residence, while you look for a job. Once you get a job, or stay longer than 6 months, you will need to apply for residency.

For EU residents it is pretty simple- go down to the immigration building, pay 30 leva and provide proof of housing and that you are able to support yourself- either in the form of money in the bank, a work contract, or  your boyfriend's work contract and a letter from him saying he will support you. You should do this at least two weeks before your 6 months are up.

Check out the EU portal for more info on your rights. http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/re … dex_en.htm

Go in person to the immigration office on blvd Maria Luiza, take your boyfriend so he can translate.  They will tell you what you how to proceed, and don't worry they won't throw you in prison.

Thankyou for your help.  :)

Hello Chantelle,

First of all forget about prisons - you are not a criminal. Then if you plan to stay longer in Bulgaria you should apply for a long-stay visa (Type D). Reasons may be different - study, work, internship, etc. ....
here you can find more information:
http://www.mfa.bg/en/pages/109/index.html

In addition, if you have exceeded the 3 months period of visa vree stay here, you can just go outside the country for a couple of hours - e.g. visit Serbia, Macedonia, Romania, Greece or Turkey and when you return to Bulgaria you will have another three months ....

Use the system wisely :))

she does not need a visa she is a european citizen!

What i suggest ChantelleShand is to contact your embassy in BG (like i did mine and i am dutch) just send them an email or call them and they will tell you that you only need to go to a police station or a immigration office to let them know that you are staying in BG.

Check out the link below (copy and paste in google or ur browser)  with address contact numbers and more usefull information.
No worries ;)http://psc.egov.bg/en/bulgaria-eu-citizens

You don't need to worry about anything, you can stay in BG as long as you like without worrying about visas or anything else. My recommendation is: stay away from any gov agency's, don't even bother all you will end up doing is fill out a bunch of paper work for nothing. Enjoy yourself as much as you can here, as far as work goes same thing, don't even bother, the average monthly salary is 500-700lv witch is a joke.