Moving to Pula very soon

I am preparing to move to Pula in about three weeks to join my girlfriend in Pula. I am a totally and permanently disabled vietNam veteran and a retired psychologist specializing in traumatology, treating other survivors of trauma both in the V A system and in my private practice. I garden and have a good hobby. I have lectured and taught at many universities and trained and supervised Doctoral students and IDF (Israeli Defense Forces psychiatrists and psychologists.) I also teach molding and casting using RTV and resin in my hobby. I will be looking for a good used vehicle and residence upon arrival in Pula. Any suggestions or opportunities are happily accepted. Small cars are nOT my forte-I am 6'4" 260 and small cars are not conducive to my size. I have left -over injuries from Viet-nam that can be challenging to osteo-arthritis. Any suggesions or tips are greatly appreiated! Robert Hayes.

Is no one there???

Hi Robert,
I see you first post was almost 3 weeks ago...have you arrived in croatia as yet?  I live in the Kvarner Bay area,,,,,you can find vehicles to buy and places to rent or buy on njuskolo....here is a link
http://www.njuskalo.hr/       
its all in croatian language however.  If you have any questions in box me ;)   Dionne

Dionne, Thank you VERY much for your reply. I will be arriving Croatia Dec 31,then meet the Croatian and American ambassadors. Aftr that I will go on downto  Pula. I very much appreciate the car link!! Will start there!!! I'll let you know what I find??? Bob

Okay  then good luck.....if you want more info and you are on facebook you can always join my group Internationals living in Croatia.  I live near to Opatija and there are a few americans living nearby.

Dionne, My flight to Zagreb and arrival in Croatia is now booked for Dec 27  and I am excited to arrive. I'd like to find an information source regarding life in general in PULA, Housing I.E> general rates to expect for rent and if it is standard to have a contract  Lease) and what that generally runs. Further, If it is possible to set up a Post office box so I can forward some of my hobby tools ahead and if there are any "Hobby shops" there. Your transportation link was helpful in general,but the most available vehicles seem to be in Zagreb. Not yet speaking Croation is a large problem for me now..which i will attack with vigor when I arrive. After reading all I can find on local customs, I get the impression  that life is much more "laid back" there in Croatia (Pula). Not knowing where to look for more information is frustrating. I seem to ge the impression there is an outreach university of Zagreb in Pula, but I have no definitive info. Is there any voices you know of that might assist this ignorant American achieve answers of overall,general and some specific info?? All replie are deeply appreciated!!!/ Robert Hayes, Topeka, KS

Yes  life here is very laid back....you will find the bars almost always filled in the main towns , even from early in the morning. For info you will need  many of the members in my Internationals living in Croatia group on facebook will be helpful... you can join us and ask as many questions you like, someone will always answer and there are a few members living in Pula...... In the meantime i will see what other sites i can research to send you links to.  Learning the language is important ....after 13 years here i dont speak much so i just started classes again, its not an easy language to learn, but at least the latin letters are used.  Have you visited Croatia before? The life is very different and takes a lot of adjusting to,but having an open mind helps ;)

Thank you again for your reply!!!? No, I have NOT been there before,but excited to arrive!!! Ca you direct me to your blog/board?As far as hobby I mentioned, here is a link to my site and I also founded and own the international web site it mentioned. I teach and am a field tester for the Alumilite Corp, who serves Slovenia,and I'll be doing demos for them there. I'd like to open a hobby shop in Pula to help others have as much fun as I do!  http://my.fotki.com/  ?  Ihave many friends in Sweden, Germany and other Euro countries. Ials o love to garden andc ook. I am bringingso me of my best Okra seeds. My gardens canb e seen in the Fotkisi te above....? and I will be trying to find you on Facebook!! Thank you my friend! Bob

i sent a facebook friend  request to     Didialicia   just now...i hope that is you???

I think there was a problem with your link....it said that i had to log in or join which i did...but when i click on your link nothing comes up.    I am involved in all types of arts and crafts myself.....every year i attend easter and christmas art fair in Vicenza Italy.....and one in Udine on 15th nov.   I will be teaching 2 ladies in the Dom  how to sew from next week....not sure how good a teacher i will be.

I love gardening as well....but the weeds are overwhelming here.....i was to bring okra seeds from home in Trinidad but forgot.....i have been growing pimentos peppers here as well...but the past 2 seasons i was not lucky as summer was not hot enough.

My Internationals in Croatia group is on Facebook...if you are not on facebook then you need to join and do a search and you will find the group.
Also there is another forum where you can ask a lot of questions and may get help................

http://visitcroatia.proboards.com/

And this link below is Internations  Zagreb....an expat meet up group

http://www.internations.org/zagreb-expa … ign=_Brand

There are a few americans living in the town i live in and another will move to Pula in December ...she is opening her hormone clinic here as the European base.

For what it is worth?...I'm not much of a "butterfly nor a barfly... Pubs, in my experience are nice for a cold ale, but I keep my personal intake for no ore than two at a visit. Sounds like me hobby will get most of my spare time,as well asspelunking the Istria countryside. I love to fish!

Hello Robert,
Just read up on your posts with Dionne.  My name is Vally and I just moved here to be closer to my parents.  Not sure this was the right move for me but will give it my best!  I hope to meet you when you get here.  Good luck with your move and travels.  Get in touch with us when you are here!  :)

Thank you!!! I WILL be doi g that as soon as I get there!! I deeply appreciate your offer!!!
http://my.fotki.com/