Temporary import of products for business use

I was wondering if anyone has experience with importing goods such as electronic equipment on a temporary basis to use for business and then return to origin. I've read that with the proper forms you can bring things in for 30 days or so and that you can also apply for VAT refund when shipped back out. Only thing is it seems nearly impossible to get the correct forms along with the approval needed.

Currently I pay VAT coming into Vietnam for the goods and then the originator pays VAT when it is returned. Sometimes customs also causes issues on both ends saying the equipment is used and it can be a major headache to resolve.

As far I can remember, there "WAS" something like this and has just changed recently or is about to change as it was somehow abused. it was was in one of the Vietnamese English version online news papers, maybe 1-2 month ago.

The process is alive and well - otherwise you wouldn't see all the advanced food manufacturing displays down at the SaiGon Conference Centre.

First of all you need a Customs Agent who speaks Vietnamese and English.

Every morning there are hundreds of agents filing their papers at the Customs House on the corner of HAM NGHI @ TON DUC THANG (Smartphone?: GPS 10.770855, 106.706172), Quan 1, TP HCM.

I suggest you make a sign, on a laser printer, that says in English: NEED A CUSTOMS BROKER. Stand by the gate on Ham Nghi Street. You shouldn't have to wait long.

Don't forget to have the shipper devalue the price of imported goods and put notices on the shipping documents DEMONSTRATOR MODEL - NOT FOR SALE.