Aussie looking to move to Jakarta

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to move to Jakarta next year and will be looking for employment. I thought spreading the word here on Expat.com may be a good way to better my chances of finding a job.

I would be really keen to know if anyone has any advice for me at all in how to gain employment abroad. You may possibly know who I should speak to or what avenues I should take in order to better my chances in getting a job in Jakarta. I have 4.5 years of sales experience in real estate and are now currently a personal trainer. I am willing to study for the next 12 months in any given field in order to gain employment over there.
Any advice at all with be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Michael.

Why do you want to come here?

Hello Michael.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

The Jobs in Jakarta section could help. You can post an advert there.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Why Jakarta?

Hi there!

May i know why u consider to move to jakarta?
well there are few ways u can do, but to let u know that getting an expat package is pretty hard in here so now it depends on how much u wanna settle here or getting a job here. if ur here for ur girlfriend then it would be worth it to settle for not an expat package =) u can try to apply from headhunter like monroe consulting group or peoplesearch, as they may have some jobs for expats. or u can try like oil and gas company, many opportunities nowadays, the easiest way is to become an english teacher. goodluck, let me know if have any questions!

Cheers
Tyas

[Moderated: Off topic.]

frendyhoras wrote:

Hi , do you interesting with any job about sales especially in Destination Retail Industry ?
if yes try to contact me with [email protected]

Thanks

You really must answer this.

Do you provide KITAS and work permit?

Working without these could leave these people open to a heavy fine, imprisonment and deportation at their own expense.

Potential workers be warned - some agencies care nothing for you, just the cash they make for finding you a job.

Michael, what Fred is getting at, and he's 100% spot on, is that the onus for compliance to Indonesian labor laws is primarily with the foreign employee and not their employer. 

When a foreigner gets caught working here illegally, it is they who are looking at up to 5 years in jail and a fine up to US $50,000. 

Many employers and “head hunters” will all too often overlook the requirement that a foreign employee needs both a KITAS visa AND a work permit issued by the provincial manpower office in order to be legally employed in Indonesia.

Yes , we provide its

@kerztinejill
Why not hahaha #kidding   :up:

Hi do you want to work in Fitness Industry , if yes , please let me know. Thank you

frendyhoras wrote:

Hi do you want to work in Fitness Industry , if yes , please let me know. Thank you

The last post is 1 year old already.....

Better you open a new thread if you have anything to interesting to share