Document Attestation

Dear All ,

I am sure the question which I am posting might be asked several time , however as the time passes rules and regulations get updated ,

Q1 ) I have been offered a Planning Engineer job in Bahrain and also promised me family status ... However as the time constrain they would like me to travel on Visit/business visa initially and then convert it to a Engineer's one .

Soon after few days back they informed me that as I would be needed some member ship card from dept of engineers in bahrain whithout that they won't be able to apply for a Engineer;s visa and have sent me a Draft-man / Mechanical offer letter which they asked me to sign just for formality .... I was wondering if I have signed two different visa with different profession on it but it does have same salary offered with same terms and conditions including family visa , is this something I should be worrying of ?

Q 2) Now that they are promising that the visa would be changed once I arrive in Bahrain I would like to know what all documents do I need apart from medical report ?

My Degree is attested by the HRD and MEA( Apostille of India ) and UAE attestation as I was planning to go there but not Bahrain Attestation .... so it is important to do the attestation here it self to save time ?? or only HRD and MEA is enough ? the same question for my marriage certificate ???

Q 3) Now the offer is for 1000 BD which does not include any allowance except medical which is provided by the company and also Tickets for me and for my family .... is this sufficient for family of two and save money too ?

Q4 ) Do have to get enrolled with any engineering firm in bahrain and if yes, is there any membership which I have to enrolled or Have to pay ?

If anyone can reply on earliest then it would be great as this guys are asking me to come within 10 days ... and also I have rejected my oman offer and visa for this opportunity !

Thanks & Regards

Hi Osman

My responses to your questions are below:

1) It is normal for people to initially enter Bahrain on a Business or Visit visa. Employers get the other documentation sorted out once the person is in Bahrain.

Ass for the contract of employment or offer letter, make sure you sign the proper final version and not some hastily arranged document which they could use against you later. Insist on the proper final offer letter or contract.

2) This question has to be answered by the HR of your intended employer. Each employer has different requirements. Also please clarify what HRD and MEA mean. I am sure you will appreciate that abbreviations mean different things to different people.

3) For cost of living questions, please take a look at the following links:
-> https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=337348
-> https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=231960

4) The main body of engineers in Bahrain is the "Bahrain Society of Engineers". You can check with them about membership requirements. Their website is: http://www.mohandis.org/Home_Page.aspx

Best wishes with you plans to move to Bahrain.

Thank you so much for your valuable answers ,

I got my ticket ready , I will arrive this Saturday .

HRD - Ministry of Human Resource Development( Higher Education Department ) .... & MEA Ministry of External Affairs ( Apostille ) .

Thank you so much for your help ... GOD bless you

Regards .
Osman

Best wishes.

Let us know if you have more questions once you are here and are settling down.