Gardener pay in Dar es salaam

Hi all am new in Dar and want to know how much a gardener is paid.I have a  small new lawn which needs to be watered and weeds taken care of.Need gardener to come 2 times a week.Any advice?Also need a house help to help clean my house,help with cooking,and any other duties that may be assigned.Will live in my boys quarters.How much are such people paid in Dar es Salaam.

Well, there is always mixed opinions on this matter when it comes to what expats are expected to pay local staff.
The average salary for house help depends on what responsibilities he/she will undertake and from what I understand they will be live-in help? Will they be responsible for helping to look after children as well? If so, that should be considered in the pay arrangement.  I would say average pay for house help is from 100,000 tsh to 200,000 tsh monthly. like I said, largely depends on what responsibilities you assign. Some pay more I'm sure, it's whatever you are comfortable with paying and the person is comfortable working for and it's worth paying more if you can, as you can imagine it is hard to live off that salary. If they live with you I think this would be a fair amount though, considering you supply housing and 3 meals a day. :) Above all, treat them as family and do what you can afford. I'm sure you will go through a few before you find the right person. As for a gardener to come twice a week, 50 - 80,000 should be fair considering you have a fairly small complex and its only bi-weekly. The more work, the more pay, and I'm sure someone will argue with me that the average I gave you is too low, but it's more realistic. If you can afford to pay more then by all means. :) Happy Holidays!

Good evening madam. How are you? I can work for you as a gardener madam. Good night madam.