Bringing spouse on temporary partnership visa

Hi

I am an Indian and I recently got a job and moved to Wellington 3 weeks before. I am holding a work towards visa with a validity for upto 30 months. I am married and due to financial circumstances, thought of going down, settle and bring my wife here.

Now I am planning to bring my wife here. I recently went through some blogs and found that most of the partnership category visas are getting rejected. I would really appreciate to know the supporting documents that has to be submitted along with the application to prove the immigration that our relationship is genuine.

Anybody who has experience in this blog, I request you to share me your advise. Thanks.

Regards
Prajeesh

Check out www.immigration.govt.nz regarding the paperwork needed. 

The govt is cracking down on spouse applications as some people are using them as an easy way to get into the country.

I have been in NZ for almost two years on a work visa from the partnership category. It's true that the govt is trying to crack down on false marriages/partnerships.

To prove that yours is truly legit, it helps to provide some mementos, like say if you've ever written your wife a love letter (I included this in my packet) or if you have photos taken of you two together with friends or family. Also I think immigration requests that you write them a letter about your situation/relationship so I would suggest that you do write your letter from the heart. Not too romantic cos they might think you are trying too hard to sound genuine, but from my experience this is a good way to show evidence of a genuine relationship, including all the other things they ask for.

Hopefully this will help.

If your marriage is genuine then you should be okay.  The INZ application form will also have an guide to completing the form and will include all the supporting evidence they require.  If you have lived together for more than a year and have a marriage certificate then they could also want evidence you have lived together and how long you've known each other etc.  Just put yourself in their shoes and think why they need evidence but don't worry if you're is a genuine marriage as it is common for partners to come out ahead of spouses.

** not intended to be immigration advice **

Hello to all, can anyone having an experience that was offered by another type of visa? Will this is what happen of my application for New Zealand.. My husband is a residence in New Zealand.. And i applyed for a visit visa under partnership, my visa officer send me an email stated that my husband and i doesnt meeat the requirements of being living together since we just got married last May 2014 and he just have a month staying here in philippines.. Since they are convince that our relationship with my husband is stable and genuine they offered me another type of visa with is visit visa under general category so they send me an visa agreement form that if ever i will accept there offer i need to sign it.. And i accepted there office! My question is if they offered you another option is that mean that there no posibility already that they would decline my application?

Yes it's a catch 22 as you can't join hubby to live together for 12 months to satisfy that partnership requirement. So it seems inz are providing you with a visa option to join him so you can live together for 12 months and then apply.  I believe once in you can apply before 12 months  for the partnership visa so it is granted about the right time.
Another catch 22 could be getting a current police certificate once in nz for your next visa as it may not be required for this visa. Some countries are very difficult to get unless in the country so a suggestion is to get one now and submit with the first visa even if not needed then it should still be on inz file and current when applying for the second visa. 
Once here try get any account (eg bank)  posted in your name to the home address to prove later you both live at the same address and try show financial interdependence on him.

Hi kiwibloke! They offered me 6months however they said i can extend it when i get to new zealand.. I already email the form to my visa officer until now i havent get any reply from them.. Is that mean my visa is approved already?

Hi,

I have a kiwi bf just visited me this month here in the Ph.. He discussed to get me thru visit visa for me to know NZ lifestyle and so on.. Which is better place to get married, NZ or PH? And if we will shift to apply from visit visa to partnership visa, based on the threads here.. I need to be with him for at least 12 months.. Is that so??? I am also a bit concern since I can't get any job during this period under visit visa for 12 months.. Which I am not really used to..

By the way, I am an accountant here( CPA). And since NZ has better standard in recognising professions, do I need to study again and gain further qualifications?

Your advise is highly appreciated.