Is 15 mio IDR as Salary OK for a couple in Jakarta !

Hi Guys ,

I am new to this place and would really appreciate if some one can help me with this.

I am Raul from India and a well reputed company from Jakarta has offered me a salary of 15 mio IDR with apartment to stay including basic amenities like TV, Fridge, Dining,. Sofa etc.

I wanted to know if 15 mio IDR is enough to stay for couple and live happy life with some money to save. 

Lifestyle expecting would be -

Mostly food made in home. Clubs or pubs once or twice in month. not much shopping around 1 to 1.5 mio IDR once 3 months.

Thank you.

Yes I am sure it will be. You just have to be careful and learn along the way.

Love your avatar and good luck with your new job and new life in "The Big Durian."

15 million will do it, more so if you have the apartment free, gratis and for nothing.
I spend about 1.5 million on supermarket shopping, about 2 million on various bills, including school fees, and not that much more.
The whole lot comes to 5 or 6 million, including eating out whenever we feel like it.
We don't booze, and don't go to top end restaurants - the cheaper ones are commonly better.

Guys thank you thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

Hoping to meet along with you guys one day :-) Wink wink.

Have a great day !!!

I believe its definately enough according to the lifestyle you describe. But if you go out more than a few times a week you will struggle to save.

But as long as you learn the surroundings and understand Jakarta lifestyle you will adapt. 

Goodluck, hope you enjoy Jakarta.

will be quite difficult to save, transportation and dining out is mostly where you'll burn. I spent Rp 3 mio on gas, dining out around Rp 300k to Rp 500k for two. but if you dont go out as much, you'll be ok I guess.

agree will be hard to save, i hope they cover your transpotation. as single person my transport about 2 million per month and i stay down town.