English-speaking guide wanted for Halong excursion

We are looking for an English-speaking guide for a day trip to Halong Bay.
We (3 German persons) stay from January 20th to 23rd in Hanoi. We would like to make a day trip to Halong Bay including transfer and round trip in the bay.
If you feel like arranging such a trip please contact me and we can discuss the subject.

The normal trips are 2-days and an overnight.

There is a research station on Cat Ba Island which has several German scientists. No doubt they can bring you up to speed.

You also need warm clothing - you are at sea.

Thanks for the quick reply and for the advice. What is the temperature there in January?
Kind regards
Jürgen

JuergenKleinmann wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply and for the advice. What is the temperature there in January?

The north is a temperate zone, like Europe. Land temps are around 10C - cooler at sea - the Bay in HLB is as much a 'bay' as the Bay of Biscay! Potentially wild seas!

Take layered clothing, buy cheap (disposable) clothing in Ha Noi if you are heading south where we will be in the 30C's. You can warm/ugly clothing at the Russian Market in Ha Noi - any hotel will tell you where it is.

Don't go for the cheapest (2D+1N) tours as they are a rip off. far better to go for a mid-priced cruise and have fun. If you like to party go for a larger boat such as the < http://www.emeraude-cruises.com/ >.

If you are also doing Sa Pa by train - PM me.

We come from HCMC via Hue by plane.
6 days HCMC, 4 Hue and 4 Hanoi.

JuergenKleinmann wrote:

We come from HCMC via Hue by plane.
6 days HCMC, 4 Hue and 4 Hanoi.

OK. As soon as you hit Ha Noi book/confirm your tour. Then tour Ha Noi.

Use the VIETNAM AIRLINES SHUTTLE BUS from Noi Bai Ha Noi Airport to Hoan Kiem Lake (every 30 minutes, 20 at peak travel times). Taxis rip you off - don't speak to anyone in the airport where you are going/staying/etc. NEVER TAKE A TAXI TO THE CITY - biggest bunch of thieves in the wold.

Inspect your hotel room before handing over your passport.

Only use NAMED TAXI'S in Ha Noi - with a METER ON THE DASH BOARD - there are hundreds of pirate taxi's. ALWAYS ask your hotel approximately how much the fare will be.

In Hue, I can personally recommend a hotel:

NGUYEN TRI PHUONG HOTEL (Nguyen Tri Phuong Hotel is the centre of the Hue city)
56 Nguyen Tri Phuong Street
Hue
Tel:     +84-54-829282
E-m: [email protected]
GPS: 16N27.97 / 107E35.64

P.S. A few years ago I did hotel audits around VN!

Call my friend Henry.  His English is top notch and tours of Halong are his specialty...

Henry Hiep Open Tours   
Phone: 0976381581

Temperate?  Hardly!  It gets cold here friend, so bring a heavy coat, etc.  If you're going to be riding motorbikes keep in mind the fact that 11C + 50 KPH = 0C.  If you have big hands you'd be wise to bring gloves, because you'll have trouble finding ones that fit, otherwise.

Teacher Mark wrote:

Temperate?  Hardly!  It gets cold here friend, so bring a heavy coat, etc.  If you're going to be riding motorbikes keep in mind the fact that 11C + 50 KPH = 0C.

It's a geographic term, temperate or tepid latitudes of Earth lie between the tropics and the polar regions. The temperatures in these regions are generally relatively moderate, rather than extremely hot or cold, and the changes between summer and winter are also usually moderate. (Wikipedia and others)

SaiGon and the MeKong Delta are tropical.

If you ever spent winter in Kapuskasing, Ontario, as I have, where GM has it's winter testing ground, you would appreciate Temperate.

Thank you so much for your help. It's no problem to take the bus as we arrive in the afternoon fron Hue.
Best
Jürgen