Possible Move to Athens?

Hello everyone!  My family has been expats for over 2 years in Saudi and my husband was offered an opportunity in Athens that we're up in the air about - We want out of Saudi, but not sure about continuing the expat life.  Can someone give me information on the American School and cost of living in the area?? I've looked online and it seems a bit more expensive than what the offer would be worth, but wondering about others' experiences.  They are offering around $12,000 USD a month, but the American school seems to be around $1500/month alone.  What is the average rental and what area is good with access to the school?
Thanks!

Hello RaleighGirl

While waiting for members out there to give you tips on cost of living , I invite you to read threads in our section Cost Of living in Athens so as to gather some useful infos.

You could also check out this website to get to know a basic idea of Cost of Living there : Cost of Living in Athens

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

congratulation,Athens Greece.actually i dont know your school lavel.if you wnat to stay your fammaly 60 t.m house,2 rooms kithchen bath and balcony the rent is 250-300 euros,and you must pay electric,water ,school cost high school 70-80euros per month and university is150-180 per month.