Where to look for a small flat ?

Hi !

I'm quite new to Glasgow (there since september 2014) and since I am going to stay for quite a long time, and my boyfriend is likely to come and live here with me in May 2015 for six months and then in June 2016 for a much longer period, I wanted to know if any of you had any addresses where I can find small flats for a couple for a good price, not too far from the University of Glasgow / from public transports going to the University of Glasgow.

Also I wanted to know roughly how much I could expect to pay for taxes (like water, electricity...) and for the Wifi. Just now I live in a student accommodation, in a small ensuite room for £141 a week, which seems quite expensive to me even though everything is included, I do not even have my own kitchen...

If anyone knows a landlord who would be looking for a new tenant from June / July 2015, please tell me !

Also, but that's only an option, if he or she would accept small pets, it would be so nice, because I'm feeling a bit depressed when I'm not with a pet at home :)

Hello,

Have you tired looking on www.rightmove.co.uk or www.s1homes.co.uk. That's how I found somewhere to rent.

David

you can try gum tree too, when i  studied in Glasgow three years a go, i lived away and traveled on the train everyday, it was much cheaper for me, because most of my classes started after 10.00 am so i traveled off peak and got cheap train ticket and i stayed in a house as  opposed to a room.