Marriage visa question

Hello,

Good evening to all of you. I'm just new here and it's my first time to join a forum. I would like to seek your help to those who have recently applied marriage in Switzerland to the embassy in Manila. I am planning to lodge an application a few weeks from now. Please see my questions as follows.

1. For the birth certificate, i already have this document but im sure its more than six months that i have this. Would that be a problem?

2. Birth certificate, “Application for Marriage Preparation” (Form 0-34-A) and the “Declaration concerning the Marriage Conditions” (Form 0.35) do i need to bring to the embassy aside from the Visa D application?

3. Do you know where I can download a softcopy of 0-34-A and 0-35 form?( I understand I need to sign the form at the embassy)

4. For the visa application, im leaving in Cebu is that means i have to get my police clearance here? is it okay to submit my NBI abroad without police clearance? Do you know someone who can translate for the police clearance?

5. Is there any other requirements do i need to have before i lodge my application to the embassy?

6. In regards to the expenses, you did not spent more than 25k for the application?

7. What are the usual questions during the interview?

8. Is there any problem for our marriage application especially we are just 9 months old.

I may have some questions that i did not ask i hope you can give an information. You can also reach me at [email protected]

Just follow the checklist, all your documents must be complete. Get a new NSO birth cert, it states it must not be more than 6months so just follow whats written in their checklist. Thats very important. I had my police clearance translated at Alliance Francaise de Cebu in Gorordo into French. Since I couldnt find any German translator. French is one of Switzerland's official languages so that shouldnt be a problem. And get your police clearance in cebu, all documents should be complete when you lodge your application. If it ist complete then thats a problem.

Hi Ryan

I'm Diana I just want to share my info about this matter, I think its not a problem if you have your birth certificate since last six months just to make sure that your birth certificate is still look good and from at the NSO,
This two forms (Form 0-34-A) and (Form 0.35) will be given to you if you already apply at the embassy personally you will need to filled up there cuz they will teach you how you filled up this two forms you don't need to download it.
and it was written there that they need a police clearance not the NBI so you need to get your police clearance there in Cebu and it need to be translated,here the link of recognize translator of Swiss embassy

https://www.eda.admin.ch/content/dam/co … ors_en.pdf

before i choose Ms. Princess C. Cobarrubias to translate my police clearance she ask me 1200 pesos, you can pay her personally same day to get your translated documents and ask her to make you two copies of translated documents just to make sure that you don't need to xerox it again its better if you apply same day when you will meet here to avoid more expenses cuz you are in living in Cebu, I did it even I'm only living in Taguig next city of Makati were the Swiss embassy found.
Just call her and make an appointment she also have an email you can scan your police clearance and send it to her, and she will ask you to meet her at the embassy lobby

DOCUMENTS NEEDED:
Birth certificate
Cedula
Passport
2 photo copy of passport (front and back)
and if you 18 to 21 years old you need the parent consent
4 passport size picture with white background
Original police clearance
Translated police clearance and photocopy
Three visa D application form
heres the link you can download it here,

https://www.bfm.admin.ch/dam/data/bfm/e … -en-de.pdf

and also 25,000 but if your not registered late i mean your birth certificate you only pay 24,300
they will only ask some about you and your fiance and i think its not a problem if you know her in only 9 months
cuz i was apply there before that i know my fiance for 11 months
so you don't need to feel nervous
one more thing just make sure that your fiancee in Switzerland send her documents first before you go there or you will apply at the embassy

Here the documents she need to submit first before you
Copy of certificate of civil status
Copy of certificate of residence
copy of passport

Hope it will help you Ryan
Good luck
Diana

kayceenen wrote:

Just follow the checklist, all your documents must be complete. Get a new NSO birth cert, it states it must not be more than 6months so just follow whats written in their checklist. Thats very important. I had my police clearance translated at Alliance Francaise de Cebu in Gorordo into French. Since I couldnt find any German translator. French is one of Switzerland's official languages so that shouldnt be a problem. And get your police clearance in cebu, all documents should be complete when you lodge your application. If it ist complete then thats a problem.

Hello, Thank you for the information you have provided. It's really helpful to me and to the others who apply for a marriage in Switzerland.   :)

dianne29 wrote:

Hi Ryan

I'm Diana I just want to share my info about this matter, I think its not a problem if you have your birth certificate since last six months just to make sure that your birth certificate is still look good and from at the NSO,
This two forms (Form 0-34-A) and (Form 0.35) will be given to you if you already apply at the embassy personally you will need to filled up there cuz they will teach you how you filled up this two forms you don't need to download it.
and it was written there that they need a police clearance not the NBI so you need to get your police clearance there in Cebu and it need to be translated,here the link of recognize translator of Swiss embassy

https://www.eda.admin.ch/content/dam/co … ors_en.pdf

before i choose Ms. Princess C. Cobarrubias to translate my police clearance she ask me 1200 pesos, you can pay her personally same day to get your translated documents and ask her to make you two copies of translated documents just to make sure that you don't need to xerox it again its better if you apply same day when you will meet here to avoid more expenses cuz you are in living in Cebu, I did it even I'm only living in Taguig next city of Makati were the Swiss embassy found.
Just call her and make an appointment she also have an email you can scan your police clearance and send it to her, and she will ask you to meet her at the embassy lobby

DOCUMENTS NEEDED:
Birth certificate
Cedula
Passport
2 photo copy of passport (front and back)
and if you 18 to 21 years old you need the parent consent
4 passport size picture with white background
Original police clearance
Translated police clearance and photocopy
Three visa D application form
heres the link you can download it here,

https://www.bfm.admin.ch/dam/data/bfm/e … -en-de.pdf

and also 25,000 but if your not registered late i mean your birth certificate you only pay 24,300
they will only ask some about you and your fiance and i think its not a problem if you know her in only 9 months
cuz i was apply there before that i know my fiance for 11 months
so you don't need to feel nervous
one more thing just make sure that your fiancee in Switzerland send her documents first before you go there or you will apply at the embassy

Here the documents she need to submit first before you
Copy of certificate of civil status
Copy of certificate of residence
copy of passport

Hope it will help you Ryan
Good luck
Diana

Thanks for a detailed information Dianne. I appreciate it. For the documents of my fiancee, do she need to translate  it to English or it is fine that she can submit it as their native language?

Hello Ryan

yes its fine if she submit her documents with her native language,
I hope you can apply soon :)

good luck,

No problem, just message if you need help. You translate your police clearance in cebu first before flying to manila to submit the papers. You know where Alliance is right? Near La Vie? They translate it to French. Ok lng ang French because its one of their official language here. And regarding the 25k, just bring 25k they will refund you. I think it depends on the currency rate. They refunded me 2k php. Im already here in switzerland and we got married last september here and i didnt have any problems with my documents. Im glad its all over now and im happy to help fellow cebuanos. Good luck! :-)

dianne29 wrote:

Hello Ryan

yes its fine if she submit her documents with her native language,
I hope you can apply soon :)

good luck,

Thanks Dianne. As soon as I have all my documents I will then apply. By the way, is there a lot of applicants this months or December?

R_y_a_n wrote:

Thanks Dianne. As soon as I have all my documents I will then apply. By the way, is there a lot of applicants this months or December?

I think only some Ryan,

kayceenen wrote:

No problem, just message if you need help. You translate your police clearance in cebu first before flying to manila to submit the papers. You know where Alliance is right? Near La Vie? They translate it to French. Ok lng ang French because its one of their official language here. And regarding the 25k, just bring 25k they will refund you. I think it depends on the currency rate. They refunded me 2k php. Im already here in switzerland and we got married last september here and i didnt have any problems with my documents. Im glad its all over now and im happy to help fellow cebuanos. Good luck! :-)

I appreciate it. Yes, I googled it. hehe.. Congratulations Kay.. I wish all will run smooth. Btw, the application including the visa will take 6months? but it will not take more than that, right? Thank you so much.

Btw, do we need to have the specific date when we can get married?

dianne29 wrote:
R_y_a_n wrote:

I think only some Ryan,

Thanks.

Actually I didnt apply for the fiance visa because I already had an entry visa prior to applying for marriage. 4 months before we applied for the preparation of marriage, I applied for a student visa and they gave me 6months for it so my husband and I decided to apply for the marriage the day of my flight.haha That was crazy and then my documents(the preparation of marriage docs) arrived a week after I arrived and the civil registry of my husbands Kanton scheduled us to have an appointment to fill up some forms there and set the date of our wedding. I think together with the visa it is possible it will take a few weeks, in the website of the embassy as I remembered it takes 4-6 months for both applications(preparation of marriage and visa). But just be patient, I would suggest you marry here in Switzerland first because if you plan to marry in the Philippines, I think it would take a much longer time. I hope this helps. =)

Hello everyone,

I'm Diana, i just want to ask to thus who already receive the visa D and been there in Switzerland finally
I just receive my Visa D and I"m bit confuse because my middle name is not there in my visa D is that ok?
Honestly i did not ask this before when I'm still there at the embassy cuz i"m so excited
anyone can help me please
i hope its not a problem :(

Hi  im happy,many filipinas Come here

kayceenen wrote:

Actually I didnt apply for the fiance visa because I already had an entry visa prior to applying for marriage. 4 months before we applied for the preparation of marriage, I applied for a student visa and they gave me 6months for it so my husband and I decided to apply for the marriage the day of my flight.haha That was crazy and then my documents(the preparation of marriage docs) arrived a week after I arrived and the civil registry of my husbands Kanton scheduled us to have an appointment to fill up some forms there and set the date of our wedding. I think together with the visa it is possible it will take a few weeks, in the website of the embassy as I remembered it takes 4-6 months for both applications(preparation of marriage and visa). But just be patient, I would suggest you marry here in Switzerland first because if you plan to marry in the Philippines, I think it would take a much longer time. I hope this helps. =)

Thanks for the info. And yes, we are planning to get married in Switzerland. That was I also thought if we get married here in Philippines  :D

HI Diana,

You can email the embassy to ask them. Im currently at work and cant check my visa. They will respond you within 48hrs i think.

Hello there everyone!

Im a 23 y.o filipina and engaged to 23 y.o swiss man. Im just a bit worried if the status of my fiance will affect our visa application? He is still in college for 2 more years... do they ask any salary or financial documents? If so.. how do you think this will work in my case? Or am i over rationalizing? Pleaseeee i need your help =(  thankssss

Hello guys. I just want to ask if how many weeks/months will me and my husband will wait for my Visa D (family Regroupment)?? We're married here in Philippines. We applied the Visa D last dec 12,2014. And do we really need the Family Certification from Switzerland?? Just want to know kasi he really need to go back to Switzerland, but the case is he don't want to go home to switzerland alone :D

Hello crezyl! Didn't the embassy informed you how long are you going to wait? I applied a month later than your filing and they told me it's 3weeks to 2months of waiting..is ur husband still here in the phils.?

Hello there :) ako at hubby ko dito na sa pinas kinasal, never sila humingi ng financial statement or something from him. Okay lang nman cguro if dito kayo ikakasal. Pero if doon kayo ikakasal baka nga hingian xa.

Hi Dianne, how did you wait for your visa? I suggest u email the embassy about ur concern..or go there directly instead, they are helpful and friendly nmn..congrats to ur visa!

Fslove, parang natatagalan hubby ko eh, need na nya bumalik sa switzerland. Oo andito pa xa at ayaw umuwing mag isa :D

Prng mtgal nga aq nga din ehh..hihi..that is so very sweet of him..have you tried to follow it up thru call!

Hello there! :)

@ Crezyl86 & FSLove : As this is the anglophone version of the forum, it is required to write only in English

Further posts in another language will be removed immediately.

This is to allow interaction with other members from other parts of the world.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi im princess and im aupair in Denmark i meet My boyfriend in netherlands and we are living together for 1 and 3months we are planning to move and get married to switzerland he is a swiss and dutch we really what to know how can i have a visa i still have a shengen visa is it posible to get married ? Thanks for the answer ..

Princess

Hi diane are u in switzerland ?

Hello Yhumie!

My husband said Yes it is possible for you to get married there in switzerland.. Congrats and goodluck  :);)

Hello Yumhie I'm already here in Switzerland
I arrive here last December 6 2014,
And you?

Hi Crezyl86

Please can i ask the process and how can we do that ..
Thanks

Hellol!  I hope everybody's doing well =)  I just want to ask  something regarding marriage visa.  I applied it here in Swiss embassy manila (Jan 13, 2015)...  My fiance received the letter from marriage office.  So my fiance just went now to the marriage office to sign and then the office gave him the documents which he will submit to immigration office...  My question is,  is everything alright now? Does it mean that I don't have to worry anymore?  Does the second verification the Swiss embassy manila telling me before is now over since his next step now is submitting docs to immigration office?  Our case was just really fast..  But I just want to feel sure on everything =)  thank youuu... 

Maria

Hello MariaCrystal

To be quite honest it all boils down to your fiance's capability to finance your living in Switzerland once you two are married already of even if you're just coming for a vacay. That means your fiance have some sort of income that is enough per Swiss standard for a married couple.

MarieCrystal

Additional, unless the marriage visa papers is approved, nothing is confirmed. This is also what happened to us. You just have to patiently wait. With us, it took about 3 months.

Hello Wildfire!!! Thank you so much for your response... ahhhh We had the briefing already from the immigration office in Zug regarding on what to do once I got there in Switzerland (biometrics and so) does this mean now that everything is fine and approved?? that i just have to wait for the visa? im paranoid.. though my fiancé told me already that everything`s fine... but you know,  waiting for the actual visa is  making me anxious...  :|

Hi,
  How are u all kabayan...im asking about my marraige visa prprtion how long it takes time...all my docmnts allready in swisss immgrtion..

Tanxz and God blesed all

Hi,miss,,

How long it takes time for waiting marraige visa

Hi Ruth,

Are you settled in Zurich?
I hope you lime it here.

Regards from the airport,
Alex

that'll take not more than 2 months. I am sure with it. They processed everything as soon as they can. And don't forget to follow up. Good luck!

Hello guys i want to know if we can married my bf in swees he is danish and what is requirements

HI hello,I would like to ask something.I am processing for fiance Visa in swtizerland.I had all my documents gathered.CENOMAR,NBI,POLICE CLEARANCE,CEDULA.Do I need to translate all documents to official language in Switzerland?or only the Police clearance?Are all documents must be Red Ribbon?or only the CENOMAR and NBI?
How many months until you received the Visa?
Thank you!