Whats the options for working in Saudi & living in Bahrain - Visas

Saudi visa does not give you the right to work in Bahrain, however if you find a job in Bahrain, your new company can apply for a work visa for you.

Hi josnuggles,
Is your agent friend Phillipp still offering his services. Husband working in Saudi, want to live in Bahrain. We have Saudi Iqama and multi exit/entry visa. My husband will just come in on weekends, so it will be me needing to be resident. Can he get me a CPR and residency without sponsor letter.

Thank you

Yes, I want to live in bahrain but not work there, husband does that in saudi

Dhahrangirl wrote:

Yes, I want to live in bahrain but not work there, husband does that in saudi

You don't need a CPR to live in Bahrain. You only need it if you wish to work or own property. The saudi iqama is suffice only that you must exit the country every 14 days or less. For your husband, since he's commuting to work anyway, it does not matter. You can also get a temporary CPR should you wish to if you're renting a place in Bahrain.

Apartments start at 400 BD up to - 1200BD or more.

I want to be able to buy a car. Not really want to keep jumping back to saudi, want residence to stay permanently

Dhahrangirl wrote:

I want to be able to buy a car. Not really want to keep jumping back to saudi, want residence to stay permanently

I just updated some useful details on a thread, click below.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=393385

Few ways:
1. Find a job in Bahrain and someone that will sponsor you.
2. Buy some property, will allow you to get permanent CPR.
3. Get in touch with an some agent brokering visas.

Thanks all for the useful info, keep it coming

Dhahrangirl wrote:

Thanks all for the useful info, keep it coming

I can tell you that you can buy a car with a temporary CPR. However since you do not want to make round trips to Saudi no visa except a permanent CPR will fulfill your requirements.

We are going to lease an appt. will this help in getting a permanent cpr?

Dhahrangirl wrote:

We are going to lease an appt. will this help in getting a permanent cpr?

You mean rent or a proper lease? If you mean a proper lease. Ask the agent helping you acquire this property.

great post, and thanks alot for the contributors. :thanks:

hi every one there ,
i want to know one thing if any one can tell me.
i got work visa for bahrain and after making my cpr i will move to saudi arabia on visit work visa currently i m in Pakistan and my kids are with me and they r father dependent and have saudi iqama but i dont have iqama .suggest me any way how may i bring my kids in bahrain and then to saudi arabia now.
thanks

i need mr Philips number with complete code as well and where does he live?

Hi just wondering my husband works in Saudi but we have just moved to Bahrain he has a cpr going expire in 3 days but I don't have a cpr and have to leave every 3 months for day re enter is they any way I can apply cpr

go for your own investment. Its not that expensive in Bahrain

You have the following options for a CPR:

1) Get a Saudi Iqama and apply for paper CPR / longer term visa - like your husband
2) Find a job in Bahrain which gives you a visa
3) Set up your own company to sponsor yourself as an investor.  Relatively cheap but must abide by regulations and headache dealing with inspections and so on
4) Purchase property worth 50,000 BD or more in your name and get a visa

Hello Josnuggles,

It looks like Philip's number is not working. Do you have his latest number or any other recommendation?

I will be working in Saudi and plans to live in Bahrain with my family.

Regards,
Ram

Jo hasn't been online for a year and it is a very old thread.  You can try to google document clearing agencies in Bahrain and speak to them to see if they can help.  On the forum, there are many stickies for options like setting up a company or buying property as well as discussion of the paper CPR process - so use the search.

Hello Guys,

I am working in Saudi Arabia for the past 12yrs and because of school and better life, i want to bring my family to Bahrain.

My family live in India now and they do not have Iqama. I do not want to bring them back to Saudi and get Iqama for them.

Can you advise the procedure how to bring them in Bahrain with my Saudi Iqama. I understand i do also need Bahrain CPR.

So, Bahrain CPR for me and my family. (Having only my Saudi Iqama).

any good agent please..!

This has been discussed many times and literally, been answered by me in the same post.

Without Saudi iqamas for them, your only options are to open a company and sponsor everyone through that or to buy property and get visas on that.  Again, all these have been covered in the forums in detail - the paths are posted as stickies on the first page!.

Next time use search.