Single, Senior Woman

My name is Maia. I am a freelance writer living in the Seattle, WA area.  I'm working on an article about what it is like to live the expat life as a senior, single woman. I'm researching this partly because I want to write the article, but partly because I've often daydreamed about becoming an expat. I am single myself, and 65. I'm particularly interested in Italy! I visited Florence and parts of Tuscany in 2013 and fell in love with the area, and I've been studying Italian. I've read many articles about couples who retire outside the U.S. But little about the experiences of senior single women abroad. If you are living in Italy as an independent, single, I would love to hear from you!

Look forward to your reply.
Maia

Hi Maia,

Welcome to Expat.com.

Armand
Expat.com Team

Hi,
I was intrigued by your project to explore what it is like for a senior single woman to live in Italy as an expat. I am a widowed woman of 62 to an Italian husband. So I am a citizen of Italy as well as a citizen of US. My husband and I were planning to make more trips to Italy however I am now widowed. My children are dual citizens. I would like to spend more time in Italy but have had much to do here in US and settling my husband's estate. We have lived only in US as my husband's family (ancestors) were Italian immigrants.
I would like to continue to follow your project. May I? Please let me know how to keep in touch with you.
My email is ***
Thank you. :)
Cordiali saluti,
Deborah Crosetto

I Dominic been to Italy many times in the past, find your study interesting, in am Canadian with Italian ancestry, lived in Costa Rica in the past, curious on Italy I can be reached at ***

Thanks Dominic

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Did you ever finish your article?  I would love to read it!

Hi FrancescaSINY,

Welcome to Expat.com

Unfortunately, this thread is 3 years old and MaiaSeattle has not been active on Expat.com for more than a year. Maybe you could reach her through her website.

Chris
Expat.com

Chris -

Thanks for the reply & providing me her contact info!  It's most appreciated!

Cheers,
Francesca

Did you finish your piece?

I'd like to read it -

I'm a senior in Seattle (Wallingford), moving to Spain.

It's nice to hear from you Maria,my name is Ebenezer a Ghanaian, I have been here couple of months now,am yet to have a friend because of the language.Though am single and looking up to meet someone who Will assist me to learn the Italian language, I've started the language few weeks ago.
Hope to hearing from you again.
Regards.
Ebenezer

Hi Ebenezer and welcome to the Forum.

The Forum you have responded to is now over 4 years old and the person you have directed your post to has not logged on the Forum for over 2 years, so I suspect you will not receive a direct response to your post.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team