Would love to hear from anyone who has lived this experience

;)  Hello all!
   I am looking to settle in NAMIBIA from england over the next few years, Would love to hear from anyone who has lived this experience especially ex-pats.
Have a great day!
  gerry

Hi gerry,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I have created a new thread with your post on the Namibia forum for more visibility.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi all,
I need a bit of advise, my husband is Namibian by birth, already got his ID and Passport, he wants to start using his Nam passport as we are moving to Whk shortley. He is currently in Whk, entered on his SA passport. Does he request both to be stamped when he exits?

Hey Gerry, this is Jon. Am here in Namibia North, Oshakati for almost 2 and half years now. I toured here a few yewars ago visiting, Windhoek, Swakopmund, Walvis Bay,Oskakati, Rauncana, Utapi, Ondngwa, Ongwediva. Its very laid back however catching up to SA standard. Very frustarting coz products and facilities are very limited in the North.  Have a love hate for this place not love to hate it ...lol but a bitter sweet experience coz got struck in an unfortunate situation. Will tell you more if interested. Cheers Jon

Hi Gerry,
             I moved from Sheffield to Swakopmund in 2013. My wife is Namibian, which made things easier in terms of Domicile, for me.

Best thing I ever did. If you can live with the relaxed laid back lifestyle, the lack of first world haste, and government officials that don't know the procedures, then it's the place to be.

Namibia is a stunning country, love it.

The problems we had were in getting a freight company in the UK to move our belongings to Namibia. For some reason the prices hiked because we weren't going to Cape Town, and the ship would have to stop off in Namibia.

Eventually we found a company called First Base Freight who did everything for us in the UK and Woker Freight in Namibia who oversaw things there.

You will not regret the move should you make it...

Mike