Resident Visa for Expat with Hepatitis B

Hi, Need to know about the process of getting residence visa (i am an indian) to OMAN. I have Hepatitis B but the HBV DNA (viral load) is < 2.6 IU/mL. I have been offered a job in Muscat and my employer says my Hepatitis issue will not come in way to obtain the visa. Need clarification on this as i will be quiting my current job on receipt of Visa. Do I need to take tests at OMAN when i land there? Seek advice and guidance from experienced expats in Oman. Thanks in advance.

Hello CallingBell.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope other members will give you some informations.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Any one to guide me. Assuming that i've completed my medical test in my country of origin, will i be subjected to medical test in oman once i arrive there. Request members to respond. Thanks.

CallingBell wrote:

Any one to guide me. Assuming that i've completed my medical test in my country of origin, will i be subjected to medical test in oman once i arrive there. Request members to respond. Thanks.

Hi CallingBell,

You need to do your medical tests only once - in India (but at the authorised medical centres only), if you are coming on an Employment Visa; and here in Muscat, if you're entering Oman on an Express Visa which must then be converted into an Employment Visa, post your arrival.

About your earlier post, since I am not familiar with the details, I have abstained from passing any comments. But trust your employer's views since they would know better.

Don't worry. All will be well.

Good luck !

Thanks Mr.Sumitran for your encouraging words. will wait and keep my fingers crossed.

Hi CallingBell,

My situation is close to yours. can you please advise if the allow Hep B ?

My Situation is also same, I have also Hapetities B.. And have received Job Confirmation.Please advise whether i can pass a medical test instead of having Hapetitise B.

Awaiting for Advise.

regards
Mohd, Bilal Khan

CallingBell wrote:

Hi, Need to know about the process of getting residence visa (i am an indian) to OMAN. I have Hepatitis B but the HBV DNA (viral load) is < 2.6 IU/mL. I have been offered a job in Muscat and my employer says my Hepatitis issue will not come in way to obtain the visa. Need clarification on this as i will be quiting my current job on receipt of Visa. Do I need to take tests at OMAN when i land there? Seek advice and guidance from experienced expats in Oman. Thanks in advance.

Its actually pretty simple... you have to obtain a "FIT" on your medical certificate from a Govt Approved Medical Center (GAMCA Clinics) If your fit to work, you get an employment visa and no further tests are required. If you get an express visa, your medical test in Oman will have to be classified as "FIT", to work in Oman.

Mostly no chance to issue the visa for the person with hepatitis B. in my knowledge it will be rejected.

Hi Bala P,

This is an old thread. It would be most appreciated if you share your inputs on recent threads of the Muscat forum so that members could benefit.

Thanks in advance,
Bhavna

Hi, did you manage to get pass the work application in Oman with hepatitis B carrier?

Hi Rammy, what do you mean by getting an express visa even with hepatitis B Carrie?

Please help. Thank you

@CallingBell ,hi my situation is same as yours, do please let me know have received your resident visa