New members of the Belgium forum, introduce yourself here

Hello Daline, are you still in Belgium?

Michel

Hello, My name is Pat, and I'm from the United States.  I arrived here in Brussels approximately 2 months ago with my husband who is working for a Belgian company. 

Our stay will only be for 6 months, so we are looking to make the most of our time here.  I'd welcome any suggestions or guidance you can offer to help us settle in and enjoy the Belgian life! 

Thank you!

hello, I'm Inès . I'm Belgium and i live in Brussel . I' m french teacher for expats in Brussels . I have different approach to show the language, the town , the culture .
I like to explain thinks about french and the way of life here . I know a lot of small quartier in Brussel and  in the countryside..
bye

Hi All,

This is Priya, currently in India and moving to Belgium shortly, hopefully by month end or Dec 1st week. I need some information about settling down in a good city in Belgium. Read some good posts about Uccle, Antwerp  etc, but would like to know more details for making the final decision. Also would like to make new friends and hoping to find the same.

Hi Priya, it is not easy to give information about cities in Belgium in general. Will you have a job in Belgium, if yes where.
It is of course always better to live near the place where you work.
Anyway, be welcome in our country and if you want we can have contact as soon as you arrive.
Michel

I'm a Palestinian guy! came to Belgium recently.
I'm 21 years old.
I am automotive electrician

Hi Michel,

Sorry for the late reply, was on a short vacation.

Well, we are looking for places in and around Anderlecht (my husband's place of work). Am looking forward to work as well, so I would prefer to settle down where I have opportunities (Business Research).

Need to enrol my daughter in a good local school, as I find them inexpensive. Also, I would like to know if it would be easier for her to cope up with Dutch quickly? I would like to know if local schools also have English speaking teachers.

TIA,
Priya

Hi Priya
I am not so familiar with Anderlecht.
I try to find more information and let you know as soon as possible.
Can I have your e-mail address? It's easier for corresponding. Mine is [email protected].
Kind regards
Michel

Hi Michel...sent you an email...let me know if you have received it.

Priya

Bonjour,
Je connais deux Belges qui aiment vivre au Cambodge.
De quoi ai-je besoin pour vivre au Cambodge ?

Julien wrote:

Hi all,
Newbie on the Belgium forum? Don't know how to start?
This thread is for you ;)
We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Belgium if you are planning to move there.
It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.
Welcome on board!

Je suis en Belgique et désire m'expatrier.
Quelle ville me conseillez-vous pour venir la première fois au Cambodge ?
J'aime la proximité de la mer.
Que pouvez-vous m'expliquer de Koh-Kong island ?

Hi
I'm British and have been living in Brussels for 8 years, but am new to this forum. My husband and I have three children, and we very much enjoy it here.

I would like to live in Belgium I have relatives who live in this country and I would also like to continue my studies and I would like you to attend and  help travel to Belgium to build my dream I really count on you

Hello, I am Surya. I am in Spain now. I will be in Belgium from January onward. I will study in university in Brussels. I am originally from Nepal and would like to meet anyone from the country. I would love to learn French in exchange  with anything I am capable of. Hope to see Brussels soon.

Hi people...
My name is Ocean, originally from Indonesia, been in Belgium for 30 months. I am living together with a dutch man who lives in Belgium for about 10 years.
Let's make a friendship to share story, culture, experience, habit, or even food :)

Hi there,

I am a newbie in Belgium. I am from Canada (quebec province) and I just got here, about two weeks ago. Staying in hainaut province in the small city of gosselies for the moment because it is very convenient for my job. However, I would like to experience brussels and surroundings but I can't seem to find a place! I also visited Namur and I love it...really nice.
A little bit about me: I love outdoors activities (hiking, biking, anything that keeps me from staying inside), rock climbing (outdoor and indoor) and food, yes, food. I can try anything at least once.
Anyhow, I just wanted to say hi to you all expats here in Belgium.
Cheers!

Hello I hope you can help me to make Belgian friends. I have moved to Brussels to work in politics.  I am an author and an ex English teacher. I am from the United Kingdom and I am trying my best to make friends. Please keep in touch if you know of any Belgians I can meet up with to share knowledge and forge good friendships that allow us to learn from each other.

Thanks

Joshua

Can you please call me for us to talk i live in mechelen  this is my number 0466203077tthank you

please let me know if you nitrated in indian food, I will prepare for you :)

I am from india, and now staying Ghent, working as Software Engineer in volvocars.

Thanks,

Amol

+32465553399

Bruseels Opsss here more problem more o car an ce more cheating more tension if u look job first need langauge it's really hard if u know langauge then u need expireance , if u have expireance you'll not get good owner every where need without contract people , if u not get contract ull not get opeurunaty , what will you do ? If u go for job any office . I mean , start people ,actress , tem tempo ect they will give you email address fill it if need send you message but day after day month year nothing nonsense everything

Can you please call me for us to talk this is my number 0466203077nthank you

Hello I am Bulgarian newly entered in belgium looking for a baby sitting or au pair, restaurant , cleaning jobs as well.
I live de bruckere Brussel.
Language: Native English and Low french.
[email protected] contact by email or call 0483045984 please thanks.
Good Bye.

Hi I am polish newly entered in the Belgium looking for a baby sittig or home cleaner job I live in Brussels city. I can speak just polish language. My email addres [email protected]. please contact with me thinks

Hi,am hill love an African, like to learn from you, I just moved in am very curious to learn stuffs here.

Hello,

My name is Marta, I am from Poland, moved here only in November, that's my 3rd month now in Brussels. Was hoping to get some EU job, but its not that easy as I thought. I speak Polish, English, Spanish, Slovak and some basic German. Starting to learn French. I live in Schuman area, me and my Spanish boyfriend would love to meet some new people or exchange experiences.

All the best,
Marta

Hello,
i noticed your post and responding only as a human being without any constructive idea regarding your professional employment since I do not know anything regarding your goal. I would like to tell you that what you have described is taking place just about anywhere today: yes you need to know someone  even before applying for the job.It is frustrating if you finally got experience and still at the end of the line. We are living in the world where one needs numerously to prove loyalty and gain trust by trying for longer period of time than it used to be. Wishing you brighter days and hoping for your stability.

Hey,
I am Eric, originally from West Africa Cameroon. I have been living in Belgium for the past three years in many areas of the country but am currently living in willebroek. I also lived in France - Paris for some time.
Am interested to find a job now in Belgium to get myself up to standard in the country,  anything will be ok for me as a job.
Thanks

Hello everyone,

Im Lina from Indonesia. I wish move to Belgium this year and try to live in a different culture :)
I work in NGO company in my country. But now I tried to find any job in Belgium. If you know any, please over me something. I learn French language now. I know you mostly speak Dutch, I think I will take Dutch course in Belgium. Cheers :)

Lina

Hello everyone,

Just a quick reminder that this thread has been for the new members to be able to give a little introduction of themselves. If there is any specific topic that you would like to discuss about, I invite you to create a new thread in the Belgium forum.

If you are looking for a place to rent/stay/buy, please post an ad in the Housing in Belgium section. The same applies for searching or offering a job position, I invite you to post your respective ads in the Jobs in Belgium section.

Thank you all for understanding,

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

Hello everyone
My name is Silviya.I'm from Bulgaria. I arrived in Brussels 8 months ago.
I'm looking for new friend

Hi Sylvia, care to come to Antwerp :)?

Kind of difficult

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=437598

Thanks!

Closed