Changsha Expats - Thanksgiving & Christmas - where where to Celebrate?

I am fairly new to Changsha having only landed at Changsha Airport on 15 August 2014 (5 hours delay due to really heavy rains, rail links were out of actiu=on due to landslides also). I was Teaching @ Hunan Railway Professional College of Technology, Tianxing, Shifeng District.

Since 21 August 2014, I have been in an on-campus Apartment @ Hunan Vocational College of Commerce in LeiFan Ave', Yuelu District of Changsha.

I am the only Native English Teacher at this College, so life can be a little boring at times, especially when the electricity is off (outage for 5 hours from 7:45 pm last night).

I would like to visit some attractions, that Changsha has to offer like Yuelu Academy and Mountain, but i guess i should have done it in September when the weather was rather warmer than it is currently.

Jinggang, ancient town, located in northwest Wangcheng County of Changsha city, apparently has a long history and rich culture. Situated on the western bank of the Xiangjiang River, the town was a famous harbor and business center in ancient times. It also enjoyed the reputation of being “one of China's four largest rice markets.”. That is somewhere I want to go and visit, especially after one of my students, showed me some photos from a recent trip there.

Today is Thanksgiving Day and although I am not American, I have made friends with many Americans in Hong Kong, and Cebu, Philippines, as well as some when I worked for Cable & Wireless in Bahrain (1982- 85).

I miss a nice Roast Turkey with all the trimmings, and although I get Christmas Day off (Thur 25 Dec), not sure where in Changsha might serve Roast Turkey @ Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Cheers,

David

:up:

I'm the only foreign teacher in my college too. If you get bored drop me a line :)