Arriving in Santo Domingo next month and want to connect with people.

I will be in Santo Domingo for a month and am hoping that I will fall in love with the Dominican Republic and want to stay.  I want to connect with people so that I can get settled and begin practicing Spanish.  I am looking forward to enjoying the culture, the food and the friendship of the people in the DR.  If you would like to connect, please let me know.

Reina

Hey Reina. You are going to love santo domingo.  I will be there on july 1 for at least a week.  I am from DC and have a house in zona colonial.  give me a call at 703-475-5544.  I have a few frat brothers and many friends there.  I am there once a month on business and fun.  good luck and keep  in touch.  Larry

Hi Reina and Larry, Welcome on Expat.com! :)
Don't hesitate to browse the forum and to participate actively in discussions if you can give some information.
Cheers
Arlette

Do you know of any English speaking Christian Churches in Santo Domingo? (to include Catholic) i have a house in Zona Colonial and i am there once a month.   By the way i put to include Catholic because many people don't necessary include catholic with christian there for some reason.  Thans!
Larry

Is there anyone still in the DR from this blog? If so please give me a call.

Jackson again you should remove your phone number

Bob K

Welcome Reina, how long are you staying? Tell us a bit more about yourself? Will you be here on vacation or will you be working and studying in DR? Well If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, just be sure not to put your personal info on the blog, you can always send a private message to those you trust and have connected with.

Massagewiz have another cup of good dark Dominican coffee this morning. Do you realize that you responded to a post (Reina) that is over 4 years old.  Her vacation has come and gone a LONG time ago.

However maybe you meant to reach out to Jackson?

Anyway Happy Thanksgiving.

Bob K

Wow. Bob, I guess I need to go and sleep, I really missed that one LoL :D Thanks for pointing that out. Happy Thanksgiving to you too, by the way any info as to when the first cruise ship will be docking in the multimillion dollar port in Maimon PP? I have not seen the finished project, but the scale model I saw looks amazing, hope they can clean up the area and secure before passengers start wondering around PP.  :cool:

With a lot of luck it may open spring 2015. Still not nearly completed.

Bob K