Odd off the wall question, nothing to do with Ecuador - legacy

So since I discovered I've gotten old, and since technology has gone through such a metamorphosis in the last 10 years or so, I find that I am in possession of some objects and life experiences that seem to have been obliterated in the media revolution.

Music that came and went and then hit kaput, never to be transferred to digital. Sometimes I think I'm the only person left who knew it ever existed? Memories, people, times that are undergoing a rather drastic historical revisionism, or almost forgotten. What if I am nearly the last person who remembers? What do I do with it?

All kinds of things from real life experiences with relatives born the 19th century, to living through and in the last 60+ years America  and other countries undergoing rapid undocumented conversions.

I'd like to leave behind some truth and reality. It is said that history is written by the victors, but I have none of that. I have a history of those who were not victorious, the life of a fringe person with an outsiders view who never swam in the mainstream, but witnessed and has connections to things that will not be remembered if I don't pass it down.

But I don't know how? Or where?

I post this here as this is a website of some older people who might have similar leanings, and most of the internet is a place of young people with no memory nor interest in what came before them. But one day, it will matter.

Thoughts?

[Moderated: Inappropriate]

Thanks for your good wishes and deep thoughts.

I don't live in Florida and I have no intention nor desire to move to Cuenca.

Nice to hear your contribution.

[Moderated: Inappropriate]

I'll leave you with this just for fun, because I love it, that's why.
Random is as random does, and why shouldn't there be a hot chick in a short red skirt?

Mandinga - Zaleilah - Live - Grand Final - 2012 Eurovision Song Contest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3ruy639kTQ

Thanks for commenting, stranger.

Don't worry Gardener your probability of a long life is good.

By the way don't particularly think you are pessimistic. I would say realistic more than anything.

http://www.apa.org/news/press/releases/ … uture.aspx

gardener1 wrote:

Thoughts?

Write ... just write.  :)

Hi all,

Please note that we have removed off topic posts.
We don't allow personal attacks on the forum.

Thanks
Armand
Expat.com Team

Armand wrote:

Hi all,

We don't allow personal attacks on the forum.

Thanks
Armand
Expat.com Team

Thank you, thank you very much

Just for the record, I didn't rat that guy out. I've only reported a post to moderators two times in the last two years and he wasn't one of them.

And to add a snippet to my historical revisionism -- it doesn't take long. The Eurovision clip I posted has been altered from the original 2012 Eurovision version (utterly removed from all over the internet) and re-spliced together into this remastered mistake-free MTV friendly version. The original performance video from euro television is long gone. I know because I saved it.

Somehow I feel like awareness of revisionist reality isn't well recognized.

Kudos to Armand and the Expat Team for cleaning up the Legacy Thread and doing the right thing to the long-distance sniper.

cccmedia in Quito

mugtech wrote:
Armand wrote:

We don't allow personal attacks on the forum....
Expat.com Team

And thank YOU, avatar of Bethlehem, for the tip of the sombrero to "el rey de 'rock and roll.' "

cccmedia wrote:
mugtech wrote:
Armand wrote:

We don't allow personal attacks on the forum....
Expat.com Team

And thank YOU, avatar of Bethlehem, for the tip of the sombrero to "el rey de 'rock and roll.' "

My pleasure, stocking up on bananas and peanut butter for the January birthday bash.