Looking for a flat, or room in a shared flat/house

Hi, my partner and I have recently moved to Addis and are looking for a nice home for 6 months or so.

It needs it to be fully furnished, and ideally with a balcony/outdoor space. We're looking for something safe and friendly within walking distance of shops/restaurants/transport.

Budget is around $600 - 800 per month.
Please let me know if you have anything available or are interested to share.

Thanks, Jo

[ Moderated : No free adverts on the forum please, register yourself in our directory ]

contact me when you reach Ethiopia, I may fulfill your interest!
Daniel 0913304602
Thanks!

where do u wont to rent the house

Hello Jo

I invite you to place an advert in our Housing in Addis Ababa section of the forum so as to find an interesting rental.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hello,
I am looking for house or apartment;
Open for sharing accommodation with 1 or 2 persons;
Need quiet and secure place;
Main facilities ensured (such as water, electricity, email…)
preferably near AUC;
preferably in Old Airport area;

HI i do have apartment for rent old airport area call me 0**

Dear Madame or Sir,
I am referring to your ad in the Expat.com.
I am looking for a house or apartment (preferably furnished).
I am open for sharing accommodation with up to 3 persons.
I am looking for a quiet and secure place.
Main facilities required include water, electricity and email.
The place should preferably be near the AUC; most probably in the Old Airport area.
Thank you for your consideration. Please contact me, if you require any further details. I look forward to hearing from you.
Best regards
WP
Addis Ababa

contact me
I have perfect home and match your budget
I  fulfill your
interest!
Mekonnen

Thanks!

Dear Madame or Sir,

as you may know, telephone service in ET is hopeless.

so, I prefer to write an email.

would it be possible to see the apartment tomorrow at around 1:00 PM?

please let me know in due time.

I have a meeting in AUC, which may finish at around 12:30 PM.

WP

Addis Ababa

Email: ***

the house or appartment should be Close to Canadian Embassy
or
in the Old Airport / Mekanisa area

Hi Jo, are you open to sharing? There is absolutely beautiful three floor home in the old airport for sure plenty of rests, supermarket nearby.   But you would be sharing it with two 2-4 professional people including myself. The cost is 1000 USD per month normally it is rented 70-80 as bed and breakfast   when for short terms and you seem to be needing it for about 6 months? Let me know if you want to know more, and if you like to see the house. For sure you would love the home, as it has beautiful balcony, very huge garden and area. And it is compound neighborhood. I will send you my phone if you like to know more about the home.

Hi there I'm Yafet IV got a house with 2 toilets 2 bedrooms fully furnished a spacious and pleasing yard easy for gaining transport their is also a maid included in the house its the perfect location around Olympia near to supermarkets malls shopping complex via walking and a reasonable price call 0***

I am not even sure if you are contacting me, the one in the old airport area or somewhere. The phone in Ethiopia is not the greatest but not hopeless, a lot business are done via phone in Ethiopia, so if you would like direction or specific time to see please email me your number to call you. Yes, you can see the place at 1p but only if you confirmed before that so that I am available to answer questions and show the around. have pleasant day.The is close to AU or very close to the Canadian Embassy.

I am not even sure if you are contacting me, the one in the old airport area or somewhere. The phone in Ethiopia is not the greatest but not hopeless, a lot business are done via phone in Ethiopia, so if you would like direction or specific time to see please email me your number to call you. Yes, you can see the place at 1p but only if you confirmed before that so that I am available to answer questions and show the around. have pleasant day.The is close to AU or very close to the Canadian Embassy.

Hey Jo,

did you find something? I am from Germany and will be moving to Addis in November; so I am looking as well currently. Can you PM me when you have an idea how to find something? I would also go for shared apartments or the like.

Cheers,
Mathias

]Hello Mathias

I got a house to rent in Addiss,

if you are interested to look the details contact me by email I will send you photo of the house and its affordable. My email is ***

looking forward your reply

Hiwot

Hi Mathias,
I'm afraid we've now found somewhere and have moved in already, but as you'll see from this thread, there are lots of properties available! We found it best to get here first, stay in a guesthouse for a week or so and then you can get an idea for where you'd like to live. You'll generally find somewhere through a broker; there are lots of notes for places to rent in cafes, forums etc.
Good luck with the move,
Jo

(Moderated: please post in the housing section)

(Moderated: please post in the housing section)

@howarth_jo

Hi Jo. I'm Caroline from the U.S.  It's complicated because I'm not the person seeking the home in or near Addis, but can you help me? It seems, from initial date of your convos, you've been there almost 10 years. Anyway, my brother-in-law and their family is being (pushed) out of their Akaki area home. Not stating names, but landlord wants them out in a couple months clearly to rent at a higher rate to someone else. Anyway both the mom and dad have jobs as educators, and been there a long time. Need something economical(2 or 3 people), and near that area, for school system on that side of Addis. Do you know of anything outside the city? Or even if inside Addis, near Akaki area, because of their work?  I know it's an unusual question, please, but I thought you might know. 🙏 Good and kind family. Please let me know if you can. Thank you.

Caroline from Indiana

@MidwestLady

Hello, please note that the OP posted back in 2014 and is no longer active.

Feel free to open a new thread on the Addis Ababa forum to seek advice from active members.

You can also post an advert in the Housing in Addis Ababa section at the top.

All the best

Bhavna

Ok, thank you very much. I will keep looking. Of course I'll talk with others. Have a good day.

-Caroline