PDO Labor clearance

PDO HR told me i need NOC and visa to go there. Gues NOC and LC is the same thing

Anyone receive Labor Clearance recently?  I saw nizamm and kires get it a couple of weeks ago, but wondering if anyone else had recently.

My TA just told me medical is good for six months, not three.  Lost...

Thanks,

Someone has some new information?

Haven't heard anything recently. I know others have been waiting too, but no updates.

I have been checking with PDO HR but no news yet from Omani govn. Been asking them like every two wks. Might get the answer by next year only.

hmhe101, are you guessing next year or was that suggested by PDO HR?  When was your Labor Clearance app submitted?

Thanks,

Skibby, just my guessing. But will have difficulties for women as the govn putting restriction to get LC. Its being implemented since mid year for two years.

Dear All,

The HR submitted the documents of my husband on october 22 for working in a College of Technology as English teacher in Oman, we keep contact with the College and they told us that according with the answer of the HR my husband is approval (because other person , candidate at the same time of my husband was not appproval, and they were notified)... they told us that HR told them that at least in three days He would obtain the visa, but it was almost two weeks ago. we are very worry because we resigned to our Jobs according with the conversation with the college.

They had a meeting with a Senior member of the Ministry and they explain the situation becuause they need the teacher in january for starting academic calendar.. this is normal? How long time takes this issue? thank you so much and excuseme for my bad English I am native from Spanish!

Heard today I received Labor Clearance!!  It took just under four months. Really excited, but want to know what is next.

Guys, is it NOC then work visa? Or just work visa? I've read conflicting reports on timing of these. It was my understanding that LC took a long time but the other items took days one LC received. Are there often delays on items other then LC?

Thanks!

Congrates skibby. My application sent out early sept. Hope I ll receive mine soon.

Thanks!  Hoping to hear what is next.  Have LC now.  Next is NOC, then work visa?  Estimate of days for each NOC and work visa.  Or are these like LC where they can be days, weeks, months?  Unfortunately, Transfer Advisor is not much help.

Regards,

Dear All,

The HR submitted the documents of my husband on october  for working in a College as English teacher in Oman, we keep contact with the College and they told us that according with the answer of the HR my husband is approval. They told us that HR told them that at least in three days He would obtain the visa, but it was almost two weeks ago. we are very worry because we resigned to our Jobs according with the conversation with the College.

How long time takes this issue? thank you so much.

Hi Every body.

I' ve been selected in month of May with PDO, and i still waiting for the labor clearance.
I see that Skibby, nizamm and kires had got their LC. congratulation.
Please, did any one else  received his LC or had any information.

Thanks

Hi Rcing & Every body.

I' ve been also selected in 11/2014 with PDO, and i still waiting for the labor clearance.
I see that Skibby, nizamm and kires had got their LC. congratulation.
Please, did any one else  received his LC or had any information.

Thanks

I accepted offer in Aug and i heard my LC will be out next week so pray for the confirmation by next week. Keep asking ur HR

Dear All,
I am also waiting for my LC, although i am asking HR every week but so far it is still under process... I have seen many people on this forum got their LC's but I think it was about two months back and next batch is not received yet...this is my assumption only :-)

Regards,
Tech Base...

hi skibby

Did you got, your employment Visa? some condidat already received their visa this week.

good chance.

Nope, been a month already. I thought LC was the difficult one and visa was quick. Guess not.

Thanks,

Skibby

Today the HR told me that may be I get my visa whithin 2 week and they already start receiving the visa of confidates. I wait that since May 2014, 8 month. Zven the LC is not ready.

Rcing, not 100% sure I follow your message. Can you please restate? Thank you.

WAOOOO

Racing, who from PDO told you about it!

What will be your position in PDO!

I join PDO in early 2014, It tooks total 2months to get the working visa ready. The family visa took 2 weeks....i had a friend that needs more than 5months as well but it's really correlate with your job title and the completeness of the paperworks. Good luck everyone....

Hi
please. ..any information you have if
the extension of passport validity is acceptable or have to get new passport to apply for security clearance.   Thanks in advance for replying

beniw wrote:

Hi
please. ..any information you have if
the extension of passport validity is acceptable or have to get new passport to apply for security clearance.   Thanks in advance for replying

If you're a UK national, yes, the extension is acceptable. While I have seen a few opposite cases as well. Check with the HR.

Thanks schaz...

I am not uk national,  but I am in uk ..
And my passport valid for about next 10 months of extension. ..

beniw wrote:

Thanks schaz...

I am not uk national,  but I am in uk ..
And my passport valid for about next 10 months of extension. ..

Generally, its acceptable as the validity remains with the visa. As I said, consult wth PDO HR and they'd help you certainly. If they've already processed ur LC, there ain't any issues.

Oman manpower ministry how verify certificates

Skibby

What I meen is that I've been selected in May 2014, and since that I'm waiting for the LC that I didn't received till mow.
Last week, I contacted the HR asking for the situation of LC, and they told me that they start receiving the employment visa of some condidate and may be I'll get the mine within 2 week. (and sincerly I dont believe that).
Did you received the yours?

Mohamed

I deal with the employment agency, which is cordinating the recrutment beteen me and PDO.

Rcing, okay thanks for clarifying and congrats on getting LC. I have not received my visa yet. Good to hear an estimate from HR though based on LC experience I am not sure anyone can really estimate.

I received LC five weeks ago and assume my visa was applied for directly after getting LC. Maybe it takes a while to apply for visa after LC which means I haven't been waiting five weeks? I don't know. I keep hearing visa should be quick, so getting worried.

Hi every one, today I got an email, they said maybe I get my LC within 10 days, after that they will apply for the visa which will take between 2 to 3 weeks. so one more month of waiting.
Did any one have any information?.

Great to hear, Rcing. Not sure how they know when LC will come, but good luck. It's been 6 weeks since I've gotten LC and still no visa. :)

Congratulations my friend.

Hope to see you all in Muscat, soon.

What is the difference between LC and NOC? Anyway, i got mine today. Visa should takes abt 2 - 3wks they said

Congrats! Who told you 2 to 3 weeks? Also, please let us know when you get your employment visa.

Thanks

I received email from hr arrival team and they told me visa will be within that period. Depend on documents/ info details submission

hmhe101 wrote:

What is the difference between LC and NOC? Anyway, i got mine today. Visa should takes abt 2 - 3wks they said

LC    =  Labor clearance
NOC = No Objection Certificate

LC - before one enters in Oman, the employer should obtain LC from the ministry of Manpower
NOC -  is a certificate, issued by an employer at the time of leaving a company to join another (in Oman). As per the current rules, without NOC, a person can not re-enter Oman for 2 years on any visa.

Thanx. Thats what I thought but people keep on asking me about NOC. Ok its clear now.

Yes, I agree. I will refer people to the above when they mix the two. :)

Now, I've been waiting 7 weeks for a visa. Ugh. :(

Congrats
Are you joining PDO as engineer?
Thanks for help