New members of the Norway forum, introduce yourself here

hi! my name is doone williams, i am living in bergen norway until late december!

My boyfriend is swedish and has been working here for the year,
i am 19 years old and taking a gap year from college to travel the globe!
I LOVE NORWAY. it is absolutely beautiful!

I am an artist and looking for places to sell my work and drawings while im here, also looking for any nanny jobs or a way to make a little income while I am in bergen.. other than that just soaking up this beautiful city! Would love to get to know any americans, or any english speaking folks i might have anything in common with :) and make friends!!! the only person i know here is my boyfriend! and his friends! so new people is always a plus!
i am very outdoorsy, and love music, art, theatre you name it!
my email is [email protected] if you'd like to get coffee or take a walk or hike up mt. fløyen!

cheers!
DW

:Hello friends... I am Shaminder from India working as a nurse here in India. I am authorized as a health worker in Norway. I have applied for visitor visa to Norway nd my visa is rejected.  I want to move to Norway as a skilled worker. I  have no knowledge of Norwegian language. Is there anybody who can help me to find an employer who can sponsor me so that I can move to Norway..I really really need your help friends.. if anybody interesting to help me regarding visa nd job plz email me at [email protected]
          Thanks

Hi all
I am Alessio Gomiero. I am originally from Italy. I moved to Stavanger last September. If anyone  moved or  is going to move can be a friend :-) feel free to talk to me....
ciao!

hi Alessio, my name is nana (28yrs),am currently in ghana and i will be moving to norway in 4 weeks time . i have 2 mixed race kids   and i will like to meet new people and hopefully make new friends.

we will be moving to austevoll ,close to bergen.

Hi everyone,

I'm a Norwegian living in Norway, so I might not qualify for this site, but nevertheless I want to join! I just moved back from Barcelona and before that I was an expat in Singapore, so I am an ex-expat. It is also likely that I will become an expat again in the near future as I work for a large international IT company and I love to move about :-)

I am passionate about learning and in my spare time I am also creating a website for people who want to meet up to teach/learn. It can be language, music, etc. anything that floats your boat! Again I hope I am not breaking conduct in terms of promoting here, but this site is completely free of charge (and ads), and at the moment it is an experiment in trying to create the "airbnb of education", a peer-to-peer platform for transferring knowledge. For example, if you want to give language lessions, check out skillsessions.com

Also, if anyone wants any tips about Oslo, I grew up close to here, so just send me a message!

Hallo!
My name is Chrisje Marie but my friends call me Gege. I am from Philippines and currently living in Norway. Can someone help me in finding a job ( fast jobb alteast 80% can be in restaurant or in a hotel, i can work as a Kitchen Helper or Room Attendant ) Thank you!

Med vennlig hilsen,
Chrisje Marie Maunes

hi...i am vicky from kenya was in norway for 3monthz  and i liked it.....i  looking forward to coming back...would like to get married  to a norwegian guy

Hello !

I'm a French girl who's interested by Norway.

I'm a student in japanese language but after graduation I plan to go in Norway.
Probably in Tromsø. Maybe becoming an au pair. Well, nothing is really determined yet  :shy

Japanese language is more simple for me than english, so if there is people who live in Norway, or who are interested by Norway, and who speak japanese, please feel free to talk with me!

By the way, I started to learn norwegian language by myself. If someone wanna try to speak norwegian with me... (good luck!  :whistle: )

Norway's lovers, please contact me :)

Hello norway's lovers

I am a Moroccan woman married to a norwegian man and i am planning to join my husband in Norway, but it seems to be hard to get in the country. If any one have leaved or is leaving the same experience, please contact me I need to know more about how things are going for people on that situation. Is it much easier for me to speak French... :)

Hi! I am Maricar,from Philippineas, i am now here in Riyadh,KSA working as a domestic helper here and a pastry/sweet maker everytime that we travel with our employer to different countries. I am a college graduate and looking for another  opportunity in Norway. I really wanted to work there because I've heard that Norway is one of the richest and beautiful country in the world. Hoping for a good opportunity there in the future.

Hello Everyone, I am Priyanka from New Delhi, India. I am moving to Oslo in the first week of January 2015. I am joining the University of Oslo as a PhD Student. Although I have visited Oslo once before during summer, the fact that I am moving in the peak of winters is making me nervous. Besides that, I am quite excited about living in Oslo and making new friends. :)

Hi friends !
    I m siva 32,from south india.as soon as  I will move to asker in norway.still visa processing for skilled worker category .last 7 years I worked @ malaysia in oil and gas industry.want to frdship with indian frds who are living in asker & want to know about norway living cost, climates.etc hope I will get good frds here,thx

Hi Everybody....I'm Ele. My partner and I have just moved to Bergen for a 3 yrs assignment. We would like to meet new people to share with them this experience :)

Hei!!! Så hyggelig å treffe deg... Kommer du fra filippinene sant?? Hvor bor du her i norge??

Hi think its not easy to bring her because she's more than 18 :(

Hi everyone!!

My name is Gâreth and I've been in Norway since the beginning of August. I'm from Wales and moved here after spending 6 years living and working in London, where I met my Norwegian girlfriend. So finally took the plunge and am now here for the long haul!!

I love Norway, Norwegian food and Norwegian culture, I've visited lots over the last 1 1/2 years and even had the pleasure of watch Brann on two occasions (surprise, surprise they lost both times!!). It's an amazing place in the summer and a great place during winter even though Bergen is possibly the rain capital of the world.

Would love to know if there are any fellow Welshmen or women currently living in Bergen!!

Marinko wrote:

Hello.My name is Marinko.I need room for 3 people in Stavenger..From 21.11.2014.i need for long time..tnx

Hey all
I am new in Trondheim. My name is Dewi. I came to Norway last May. I really hope I can make friends. It is so boring for me. Norway is a beautiful country but without someone you can't share with its lonely.

U r from which country?

Hey, im only here just talk to me when you get bored...coz mostly of the time i getting bored too haha' we can be friends :)

haseeb9991 wrote:

I want to study travel and tourism... i heard that there is free education in norway.. tell me about the free education and the complete process?

The education is free, but living in Norway is very expensive (housing, food etc). Also, most of the classes will be in Norwegian, especially in the lower levels. Anyway, try to do some googling, its hard to tell you everything you need to do  :) Good luck!

Greetings all
I am glad to be on this blog am looking forward to being in Norway for studies
your guidance and opinions are welcome

Hello, my name is Alexandros and i am from Greece. I am taking seriously in consideration moving in Norway. But is very hard to find a job from distance. I would appreciate any help.

Hi,
My name is Carlos Alberto. I am 49 years old. I teach English in my home town, Rio Branco, Acre, Brazil. I want to go to Norway to get a job and live there. I will be in Oslo in January 2015.
Yours,
Carlos Alberto

(Moderated: please post in the housing section)

H there
My name is Oliwia. I am originally polish but currently living in marbella,spain.  I would love to move to oslo. Currently looking for a job and shared accomodation. Planning to be there max by february. If any one could give me some advice or help with job or accomodation i will be gratefull. I have great experience in sales and real estate.
Thank you all
Kind regards

Hello,yes I am new in this... I used to work in Moss in Lux Nightclub as a bartender and bar leader... It was one of the best experiences in my life and I wanna work again in Norway...

Hello,my name is sambala samura and i am from sierra Leone but i currently living in Kuwait.i am talking seriously in consideration moving in Norway.but is very had to find a job from a distance and i would appreciate any help

Julien wrote:

Hi all,

Newbie on the Norway forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Norway if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi, my name is chuks akaba, iam nigerian living in abuja, I will like to move to norway for job, iam undergraduate but I work with koraf hotel, abuja nigeria, I have 8 years working expirence in hotel industries and cleaning section, iam willing to come here and work show my hotel ezxpirence,

chubby4real wrote:

Hi, my name is chuks akaba, iam nigerian living in abuja, I will like to move to norway for job, iam undergraduate but I work with koraf hotel, abuja nigeria, I have 8 years working expirence in hotel industries and cleaning section, iam willing to come here and work show my hotel ezxpirence,

Welcome

I suggest that you look at the category section of this forum, right hand side of this page, and then read the posts there regarding visa, work etc. You can place your CV in the jobs section in the green banner at the top of this page.

To be honest unless you have learnt Norwegian language you will not be able to find a job.

Hello everyone,
my name is sambala samura am from sierra Leone but am currently living Kuwait and am looking forward to move to Norway please need help

samura26 wrote:

Hello everyone,
my name is sambala samura am from sierra Leone but am currently living Kuwait and am looking forward to move to Norway please need help

What sort of help ?v
If you are after information about Norway then check out the category list on the right hand side of the page. Then open up a section and read the posts there.

Good day! I am gail from philippines living in bacolod city, I've just applied for fiancé visa last dec.4. I'm hoping that i can get a positive result I've been to norway last August 25 till October 20 for a tourist visa. But my boyfriend proposed to me before i go home so we decided to apply for fiancée visa. So now im starting to wait for the result. Have good day guys😊

where in NOrway are you going .

Hi all.
I'm Clive and I'm 52 yrs  i am a single now and unhappy living in Bristol United Kingdom.
I know a young lady in Karlstat sweden and many times I've talked with her about wanting a job truck driving in Norway. So hence I'm looking into the possibility of doing this. I've been a truck some 23 yrs plus. I realise truck driving in Norway would be a hole new meaning hence I'd have to also learn with snow chains ect but I'm sure there would be plenty of advice and training.
I would want to be truck based so would be able to live and work on going
If any sees my advert it would be great if someone can help with a potential reliable and professional employer.
I would be an asset to any employer.
Kind regards
Clive.
so comes along I'm ready for work. :)

I'm looking for advice where to go and who to contact would appreciate any advice
clive

Potential employers.
I'm looking for truck driving work

Hi i am ajay, presently in oslo, arriving here from spain after living there for more than eight years. I am of indian origin from mumbai. so to begin with looking for job, house, friends, a life etc etc. Help me with all that and thy shell be rewarded. warm regards

Hello my name is Debra, I've been living in Norway for the last 3 years. I'm married to a Norwegian who willingly brought me here from Canada. I love to travel the world and then write in my spare time. I'm a nutritionist by trade and am looking forward to taking a reflexogy class in 2015. Love to cook! Working on becoming fluent in Norwegian, I would say I'm half way there? :)

Closed