Planning to move to belgium with Infant

Hi,

My husband has recently went onsite to Belgium on work permit. I have 5 month old baby and I am planning to move with my baby to belgium to join my husband from india. I am very much concerned about baby care facilities available in belgium and costing.

I have couple of queries.

1. Is it possible to settle to Belgium with 6 month old baby (climate wise any issues i should consider)
2. How easy it is to find pediatrician in belgium being new to the country? What are cost considerations?
3. What other factors I might need to consider before moving to Belgium from India with infant?(I really have no clue)

Can any one help me with my queries? I am really worried.

Hello,

As someone who works as a babysitter / Nanny for many familes in belgium with things such as childcare they are plenty of options

School starts early here they can start going to kinder-garden already at 2 years old.

However without knowing what part of Belgium you are moving to i cant offer much more advice yet.

Were I am they are plenty of pediatricians and a community of expats mums to help. Cost wise health care isn't to expensive. You pay for your health insurance mine for example is 100euro a year. Then I pay to go to drs 24 euro and I get 18 euro back. I think medical products are cheaper as well as they are also partly paid by the insurance.

1. Is it possible to settle to Belgium with 6 month old baby (climate wise any issues i should consider) 

-- Yes. very much. Now, its summer (!), and the weather is nice. In winter it goes some years to sub zero, but you will adjust.
-- We moved when my kid was 1 year old, and had no issues adjusting to the weather (initially there were as expected - cold, cough -- just the same if you move from one part of India to other with another weather condition).
-- We have lot of Indian families with their kids (moving with even smaller kids) living here.

2. How easy it is to find pediatrician in Belgium being new to the country? What are cost considerations?

-- It is very easy. Do not worry about the cost, because your medical insurance (your spouses employer must arrange that) will cover the expenses.

3. What other factors I might need to consider before moving to Belgium from India with infant?(I really have no clue)

-- Practically, nothing much. Everything is available here.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Aneesh

I could not give better answers than Aneesh has given. Don't worry too much. You're going to be just fine  :)

Thanks a lot for your replies. I am planning to move to Brussels.
Feeling much relieved after reading your replies.

Hi I find Belgium a very child-friendly country. A good way to meet other mothers is to join the Brussels Childbirth Trust (they have drop-in activities and coffee morning every day). Les Maisons Vertes are also very friendly drop-in play areas. lesmaisonsvertes.be/

Hi , my hysband is going to belgium for about 1 year, we have  4 month old baby , i am very confused should i go along with him or not? Is it ok to manage with such small baby. Please advice.