Networking friend!!

Hi guys,

My girlfriend and I are heading over to Indonesia to explore the riches of its beauty :) We fly into Bali and then would like to travel up to Northern Sumatra, stopping throughout Java and the rest of Sumatra to experience the culture of all areas within Indonesia. We are coming from Australia on our way back to the UK (flights booked) and would love to stay in Indonesia for a good number of months, to relax and experience the charm and lifestyle of such an array of amazing islands!

To do this the best visa option appears to be the Social Cultural Visa, there are few pre-requisites needed however to use this visa. So I am asking if any Indonesian nationals would be able to give me some advice, on places to visit things to do and become a friend that would be willing to sponsor me and demonstrate to me how truly amazing Indonesia is!

I am an easy going, friendly and fun person looking to broaden my cultural horizons! Please contact me if you can help or know somebody that can!

Much appreciated, Hope your days is amazing!

It's true, a Sosbud visa can be granted for 2 months with the possibility to extend 4 times so one can stay up to 180 days.

One need to have a local sponsor to obtain that kind of visa, obviously there are companies willing to do so.

Don't think that an individual will sponsor the visa to people unknown to him/her since the person will be responsible if the visa will be misused.

How long you intend to stay in Indonesia? If 2 months for example a VoA would be enough also....

Thanks for the reply, we intend to try and stay approximately four months.. Taking it easy and enjoying time to relax and take in the culture before we have to head back to the UK. We have the funds to support ourselves and aren't looking for lavish living quarters !

What would your recommend? Are the agency's reasonably priced and reliable? Would That would mean entering on a free 30 day visa and applying for social visa whilst in Indonesia?

Social/cultural visas are no longer needed for long duration visits to Indonesia.  All you need is a 60 day visit visa, which just like the old sosbud visa, is renewable here in Indonesia for up to four times, each time good for an additional 30 days.  The total duration of your stay in country can be up to 180 days (60 days + 4 X 30 days). 

You do not need a sponsor for this visa to be issued either. 

Check with the Indonesian Consulate in Sydney.

Wow if that's the case that makes things a hell of a lot easier, thanks! The Indonesian embassy office that everything seems to direct me to with regards to obtaining a visa is the Canbera office.

I have tried calling them to double check it is their that I send my passport as I am a brittish passport holder not Australian. I'm sure it is but I want to be certain I'm not wasting my time or going loose my passport ! Alas I can never get through to anyone.

I will try and find out more info on the 60 day visa, whether it's available online or will I have to contact the Consulate in Sydney direct by phone.

Thanks for the advice !

http://www.imigrasi.go.id/index.php/en/ … or#generalhttp://www.kbri-canberra.org.au/index.p … ble-for-me