Newbies from Scotland

Hello Everyone,

We are Simon & Gina Fletcher, recently arrived from the highlands of Scotland.  We have visited Kenya many times before and are realising our dream of retiring from our family business and spending the next 5+ years based in Nairobi.

We spent a 'semi-retirement' six months here, last winter and have returned to the same apartment block in Kileleshwa.  Unfortunately and despite assurances that works had been completed during our absence, they continue and no firm assurances on completion dates are being offered.  Thus, we are currently house hunting.  Either a 3 bed (furnished or unfurnished), or a 3 bed furnished bungalow.  We have trawled the internet and are currently viewing.  It'll be good to unpack - we brought 12 suitcases with us..!!!

We are both very keen wildlife photographers and have a website (requiring replacement of some old images for new) wild-animal.photography - take a look and feel free to critique.

Looking forward to talking with others on the forum.

Best wishes,
Simon & Gina Fletcher

Hi
In regards to your requirements on a unit that yopu require,
which location,kileleshwa or even kilimani?
what is your budget max per month?
kindly reach us on 0718796363,or google sultan one leasing agency ---check the classifieds and update us if there is any unit that may be of interest to you.
regards
Again Karibu kenya..welcome to kenya once again
regards

Thank you, but we have your number and you have details of our requirements.

Hello Sam,

Thank you for your greetings.  We know Kisumu well and look forward to returning one day, especially photographing birds in Kakemega Forest.

Best wishes,

Simon

Hi Simon,have you found a place yet?I have some houses in kilimani,kileleshwa,lavington and westlands.if you still house hunting,i could be of help.

welcome to Kenya.

susan

Hello Sue,

Many thanks for your message.

We are now on our fourth day of house-hunting and really need to make a decision today.  We have had a lot of frustrating viewings - agents advertising one thing and showing us another.

We are looking for the following:
3 bed apartment or bungalow.  Or 2 bed + study.
No stairs involved in getting from car to property.
Must be quiet area.
If apartment, must have balcony overlooking green area (gardens / trees).
Budget - unfurnished up to 125k - furnished up to 250k, if all inclusive, nearer to 200k if not.

We may have a slot or two today, for a viewing.  If you think you have something really worth looking at, please 'phone me on 0719 524 429.  I do not mean to be rude, but please do not waste my time if you don't have something really good.

Warm wishes,

Simon

@ susan > Do note that free advertising is not authorised on Expat.com, it would be best if you can register your business in the business directory and to post your offers in the housing section please.

-----------------------------

@ Simon > I will advise you as well to get in touch with the real estate agencies, here are some contacts : https://www.expat.com/en/business/afric … al-estate/ and i also advise you to post your search in the housing section too, it might help your message to get across more effectively.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Haloo guys am not an agent but just concerned ? There is one ryt here i kileleashwa its a 5, 4 bedroom fully furnished in a quiet placa with lots of birds around, if you are still serching let me know so i can give u the owners number. Karibu kenya.

Hello Evanick,
Many thanks for your concern, but we have just moved into an apartment in Kileleshwa.
Just got Zuku installed, having waited 4 days for them...!!  Why have they got the monopoly on internet - their customer service is terrible.
Simon

It is seriously worth buying, rather than renting if you are intending on spending some time here.  Why Nairobi? We moved to Thika several years ago to get away from the city and we have much more reliable power and water here, as well as traffic conditions that are not in a constant state of gridlock!

We did think about buying, but only plan to be in Kenya for +/- 5 years.  After which time, we wouldn't want to be saddled with a property and the expense of keeping it for holidays, letting etc;
We may move in a couple of years and Thika sounds interesting (Nairobi [Kilileshwa] has got noisy, with the amount of new buildings going up - and you're right about the traffic...!!).  Although a bungalow in Karen is on our radar.  Not so far to come to 'the big city' for shopping, restaurants etc;

wooow that's nice am also in Kenya and a freelancer photographer
Kenya I can bet is paradise for photographers coz
I have met many travelers and photographers here in Kenya...
contact me through [email protected] arrange more..

Hello Ronnie, Thanks for your message, good to know of a fellow photographer.  We have recently found our dream bungalow, out in Karen and will be moving there on April 1st (April Fools Day...!!).  Just about to go on safari for a while, then, lots of frantic packing on our return, before moving.  I'll send you a text, when we are settled. Simon

hey ur most welcome...anyway if you feel to do more safari and community work av gt an Irish friend who lives in rombo and has really helped the maasai community alot by building schools and maing livelihoods of people better..its a diverse serene with mt Kilimanjaro and alot of safari and breath taking experience...anyway hope to know more about you guys..hit me up on [Moderated: Do not share any contact number on the forum] cheers n enjoy

Hello Gina and Simon,

Welcome back to Kenya.  Would a 4 bedroom villa on Nyangumi rd with a garden intrest you?
Also available end month a 3 bedroom furnished apartment going for 120,000 kshs per month
with wifi, swimming pool, and parking space for two cars in kilimani on muringa rd.  Unfurnished
the same apartment goes for 90,000 per month.  The villa goes for 200,000 per mth unfurnished
and 250,000 furnished and all rooms are ensuite.  Hope I can help you find a place to stay in
kilimani area.

Eunia.

Hello Eunia,

Please post your ad in the appropriate section for accommodations.

Housing section > Housing in Kenya.

Thank you,

Marjorie

Nice to meet.am looking for a house mate.a lady though

Good luck with your search.

For us, we have finally found our dream bungalow in Karen.  Peace and quiet at last - with good security...

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : post in the Housemaid jobs in Kenya section pls section pls

Welcome kenya

oooh I love Karen.I live near there.Its a quite neighborhood with less noise disturbance!!Glad your enjoying it there.

To enjoy your stay in Kenya and being shown around, having fun, knowing where to drink, where to dine, some more fun.
[Moderated]

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not promote or propose your services on the forum. Register in the following section please : Tourist Guide in Kenya
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi!

What's your Budget ! May be I can help you. I live in a nice apartment in Kilemani and very secured and nice ambience. you can try this. Not an agent but can help you to introduce to the property owner if you interested.

Rgds.

Closed