English club at Bui Vien Street on Mon & Wed every week

ngattt wrote:

@Van Khanh: I know your point. But I think if you are strict to her, maybe she will be scary and give up soon. In some other cases, even I am much more strict than you (cold woman  :lol:). But, she is so shy, should we encourage her?

Ngattt oi, I did encourage shy people, and I will do. About giving up, that is her life her decision.

Hey guys, there is a misunderstand in here. I will be thereif have any one come with me or not. I just said my English is bad and i wanted to go there to develop my English. I hoped have some one can go with me just for fun and made more friends. Omg, i don't think my comment is create the discuss. Any way, whatever you said, i will go there because it's good for me, not for any one else  :P . Thanks for give me advises and encouragements.  :D

Burin wrote:

Hey guys, there is a misunderstand in here. I will be thereif have any one come with me or not. I just said my English is bad and i wanted to go there to develop my English. I hoped have some one can go with me just for fun and made more friends. Omg, i don't think my comment is create the discuss. Any way, whatever you said, i will go there because it's good for me, not for any one else  :P . Thanks for give me advises and encouragements.  :D

:top:

Burin wrote:

Actually it is purely a topic for discussion, not exactly about you, so don't keep it in your mind. We all need to practice the writing skill anyway.

It is nice to hear that you will come. Unfortunately, I have caught flu today, so will not be able to join tonight. (don't want  infect people there  :D )

hope 2 see you another time  :D

Burin wrote:

hope 2 see you another time  :D

Yep :idontagree: , will be joining next Mon & Wed.

I hope to be there tomorrow night if it's on.

delatbabel wrote:

I hope to be there tomorrow night if it's on.

It's still and always on. Welcome on board :)

By the way, hope that people there can help you know where to buy Borax :D

I'm new in town, but not to Asia or teaching and this sounds like a good way to meet Viet who I can speak and share experiences with as I've far more to learn from them/you than language.

I'll see ya' all on Monday. Hope we can help eachother out.

Barkester wrote:

I'm new in town, but not to Asia or teaching and this sounds like a good way to meet Viet who I can speak and share experiences with as I've far more to learn from them/you than language.

I'll see ya' all on Monday. Hope we can help eachother out.

Welcome. Hope to see you there. The change to talk with a native speaker is great enough for people at the club :)

I tried this club on last Wednesday. People just came in and stick at there place until time up. It's the 1st time so I was kinda shy and do like them :D. Hope we can go around and get acquainted with more people.

So nice! I will try to join. See you guys in there!

See yal,

Hello
My name is Andy
I visit HCMC many times and teach a little English
Can i come to meetings, would love to meet new people

please let me know

Andy

jrewing wrote:

Hello
My name is Andy
I visit HCMC many times and teach a little English
Can i come to meetings, would love to meet new people

please let me know

Andy

Hi Andy, you are most welcome!  :D
See you tonight :)

I was at the club this Monday, was talking with a guy and pointed that he always pronounces “s” as “sh”.
He said goodbye about 10 minutes later =.=

Guess that I did aggressive action toward his mistake =.= I do have mistake myself!

Feeling guilty =.=

Hi,
I saw this topic in October, how about November. Because I heard that some clubs just create about one month and then off. I just want to confirm.

Jerry Linh wrote:

Hi,
I saw this topic in October, how about November. Because I heard that some clubs just create about one month and then off. I just want to confirm.

You can see that my last post is at 26 November.

The problem is now there is no foreigner there. So it's quite hard for us to realize our own pronunciation mistake.

I have been going most Wednesdays and there are usually 2-3 other expats there.  I can't make Mondays so I don't know what the mix is on that day.

delatbabel wrote:

I have been going most Wednesdays and there are usually 2-3 other expats there.  I can't make Mondays so I don't know what the mix is on that day.

Oh I see. So now I should change to Wed. I eliminated Wed before cause it was too crowded for me. Thanks for your information  :)

pump!
can i ask a question, is this group available up to present?

aquabeam89 wrote:

pump!
can i ask a question, is this group available up to present?

pump!
Yes, it is. See you soon :)

Seems like a few English clubs are happening in HCM city. February and I will be in HCM city, I can be there and meet you all.

Hi, i am native Vietnamese, hope that i can help you to improve your Vietnamese.

Moderated by Gavind
Reason : personal contact

Phungdang wrote:

Hi, i am native vietnamese, hope that i can help you to improve your vietnamese, please contact me by this email:

Wrong topic dude

@VanKhanh Ho: Does club still working. I want to join with my friends. Love to improve Eng & make friends.

vietha822 wrote:

@VanKhanh Ho: Does club still working. I want to join with my friends. Love to improve Eng & make friends.

I have not been there for a while, leave office too late to go there. However it should be still open, it has been operating for years anyway.

@@  thank you. ;)

i come there alone. i really worry about it. i don't know, i can do it?

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : please post in english only on this english speaking forum

Found on the cafe's webpage:
"Come to practice your English with our Vietnamese & foreign volunteers (if any), 2 nights a week from 7pm-9pm: Tuesday and Friday Tea Talk at Cuoc Song De Dang Shop 33 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street (right at crossroad Nguyen Thi Minh Khai - Hai Ba Trung)"
So the location and time changed but it's still working.
It's a pity it's no longer on Mondays - I really wanted to come but I'm busy on Tuesday and Friday evenings. Maybe in the future...

Hi everybody, I need to improve my English and I love to make friend. Hope to see all of you there next week. So excited @@ :-D

Thanks for posting that Agabied, when I realised that all the earlier posts were from 2014 I was thinking.. Is this is still happening? Which it is!

Hi everyone, where & when the club is open? I want to join, too :)

Trangpm wrote:

Hi everyone, where & when the club is open? I want to join, too :)

Hi,
For your information, Sozo Centre is moved!
Our new address: No. 51, 24A Street, Area 5, An Phu Ward, District 2, Ho Chi Minh City

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Promotion of services and contact infos not allowed. Register company in our business directory please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct