Searching for employment in Canada

Hi all! !!
I am naresh from india, I am a civil engineer with 4.5 year experience. I am looking for a job in Canada mainly Ontario, British Columbia, Calgary.  I have updated my profile in Canada job bank and also applying direct to construction companies. But I didn't get any positive response.
Kindly guide me to get an offer from a Canadian company.

Thanks in advance.

Its pretty hard to get a job from overseas unless there's something extra that you can offer or perhaps you know folks here. I would recommend that you'd apply for PR first and then apply for a job when you are here in person. That though requires a lot more of your own funds as you'll have to sustain yourself during your job-hunting period.

If all fails, the oil and gas industry is the place to be and that's Calgary or anywhere in Alberta that bleeds black coloured blood. To get in, its easier if you get your hands dirty. One way is to sign up for the free training that organizations such as CCIS offers. http://www.ogtp.ca/training-programs

hello, I am a footballer, hold the position of goalkeeper. I want to move to Canada and continue my profession. but have tried all can and there is no positive reply. I am 21 years 5.11 tall, wights 68kg and have play a 1st division side in my country Ghana. . but now have move to Qatar to find a team .none is working becomes I know no one. I am on my own  and have no one there. I have no one to manage me. I wish and hope I find my way there trough someone who will also take me as his or her manager. football is my life and I love it. anyway that I can make it I will be much grateful.

Good luck with that, soccer/football is not nearly as popular in Canada as it is in many other countries. I'm sure you're not going to find many offers and less still that would get you through the visa process. Perhaps you should rethink your plans and concentrate on nations where the sport is much more popular.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

thank u sir. I will also be happy if any work open as an opportunity for me to work and find a future stay with my own hard work .

:) Hi Phillipyeo so please tell me what does PR stand for as I would like to live in Canada so i am preparing my self, what other info can you help me with.
Many thanks
David V

PR is short for Permanent Residency  or Permanent Resident

OK Thanks Phillip for your help

im young man with vigour and strength I'm twenty five yrs of age I have 5 yrs experience as glass door and windows fabric I'm looking fowerd to see if i will gets any help from Canada as a worker der Apart from dis experience I will be happy if i get any work at Canada I will use my energy to improve that company I'm from Ghana Thank you

How are our newcomer friends doing ? Share experience :)

Need to be patient.. does not come right away... You might consider doing some upgrading courses? Increase your chance getting a job

my name sunshineuche from nigeria i am an electrical engineer please i need someone to help for a job in canada

Hello Sunshineuche

You need to come to Canada to look for jobs in this occupation since you need to compete with other Canadians here..
Hope it helps

Hi Phillipyeo if i came to canada on a temp resident visa can i change the Visa to a resident visa or a work permit by getting a job there????
Can you advise me as I am in the dark and cant findanything on the  Govt website about visas.

A temporary resident is blanket terminology that basically refers to someone who has a:
1) Study permit
2) Closed work permit (the primary applicant of a family of husband and wife)
3) Open work permit (the spouse that comes along with the partner with closed work permit)
4) Refugee status
Each of those above are of different visas.
item (2) only happens if a company sponsors you over. This means you cannot work with any other companies while you are on that permit. If you quit for some reason, then your legal status is void and must return home.
item (3) is what is given to your partner (your wife in this case) that accompanies you. She can work with any company. However her permit is dependant on yours. If you are invalid, that'll hers invalid too.

Thanks Phillip for your help,
Cheers,
David

Hello aveek,

I invite you to have a look at the articles about work in Canada here : https://www.expat.com/en/guide/north-am … _work.html

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers: