Banking in honduras?

Is your money safe in Honduras in a bank?  Is there any Canadian banks in La Ceiba?  I could relax if there was a scotiabank or a CIBC,royal bank or something there.  I could imagine if some armed rebel group take over the country and drain all the banks.  Is your beach lot safe if there is a change in goverent there?  Atleast in Canada the civilians out gun the government.

Your money will be safe in banks in Honduras. I used HSBC but they were bought by Divienda. Good bank for sure.

If you were or are worried about the government taking over your land you can simply start a Honduran corporation and place your assets in the corp including using the corp bank account. Many foreigners do this for a variety of reasons

Hi,

I own a beachfront lot in Phase 3 of the Trujillo Recap Development, same as others i have never been to look at it, bought it site unseen.  We currently have Recap marketing the lot for sale i think they are looking at $79K USD for the lot.  It is a front row lot, one of the larger ones, just over 25,000 sq. ft in area.  I know you indicated you are looking for a beach front lot.  We live in Alberta, just west of Calgary. 

We are going to use the sale proceeds of the lot to purchase something elsewhere a little closer to home.

Thanks
Dean

I always wonder where people go after they sell in Honduras.  I was eyeing up Cayman Islands condos.

Very expensive in Caymans. Not just condos and beach homes but food, drinks, electric … pretty much everything.

Banks are safe. Banco Atlántida is the oldest, most conservative and stable. Honduras does a good job monitoring its banks.