New members of the Hungary forum, introduce yourself here

What type of home are you looking for? Single family or apartment? I know two people selling houses right now

I am looking for a hair dresser in Budapest that actually knows how to cut hair.
if possible you should post the name of your new salon.

Hope Hungary is all you hope it should be.
I was lucky enough to meet a new friend with the aid of this site.
My husband is a native born Hungarian who I met in Calif when I was a silly 19 year old.
Now turning age 60 , still together and now living in Budapest.
We really thought it would be a cool place to retire and kick back, at least it seemed so years back when we only spent no more then 6 months at one time in Hungary.
Now being here full time we now notice the many things we do not enjoy about Hungary.
We often run into people from my husband's past, over 40 plus years ago in HU.
They are all pretty well off money wise but they all have changed, crossed over into the material plain.
We realize we are and never have been money centered people but seems everyone surrounding us here in HU is.
No fun to be the only Hippies around!
Time to bale on Hungary, Big Island of Hawaii maybe in the future  or perhaps just renting a spare room from our son, being his burden in life for once.
Hard to explain but the HU of now is not the HU we thought we were getting ourselves into.
I have been visiting HU since 1978. My son lived and married here in the early 2000's.
We know HU inside and out for the most part and think it must be nicer for someone to discover it new then to remember how it used to be.
Even back before the year 2000 there was allot more positive new energy in HU. It isn't there these days, it has become a sadder place then it used to be.
People in HU have allot more lessons to learn about wealth, making money, being honest and giving respect to others.
Only been a "new" country for 25 years now and somewhere they seemed to have made a wrong turn.
We plan on selling out and moving away, either back to the US or to SE Asia before we get much older and get stuck here.

Hi (Kathy1970) or others,
My name is Thomas, I will be moving to HU. in the spring from Key West. Actualy I was born in BP.,but grew up in the US.therefore have dual citizenship and I vsited HU. about 15 times troughout the years.I also would enjoy meeting some americans.Send message

Hi! I'm a young British guy living in Budapest now, I'd love to chat and meet any Americans, Brits or Israelis here especially!

Also, I'm currently working on starting a few different businesses, so if anyone wants to talk about that, has ideas or just wants to talk about what I'm doing, feel free to message me!

Hello 

My name is Marie, I am native Hungarian & I lived for a long time in Paris. This year I decided to return to Budapest.
Do not worry about the language, ther are more and more people speaking English , forigners like the way of life in this city. My English is not very good, but if you need any informations it will be a pleausure to give you.
Didn t live in the country for a long time I need to  extend my friend circule too.  Welcome to Budapest
Best wishes
Marie

New to the forum. I'm Gary, British guy who is purchasing an apartment in the 7th district of Budapest. I hope to move in next year around March, which will be on a part time basis.  I'm a tech geek and run my own company in the UK. I love Budapest and hope to spend a lot more time in the city over the coming months and years. Also like to meet new people, especially other geeks/tech people/software/web developers. Can't wait to check out more of the restaurants and wine places, plus plan to go to Sziget festival again next year.
I'm learning Hungarian using an audio course, which is going okay but slow. Hoping to pick it up better as I spend more time in Budapest.

Hi I am new here too. My name is Deniz, I am Turkish, and relocated here from Dubai. Trying to adjust to the life here. Looking for a job also, I am a Middlesex University Operation and Logistics Master graduate.

Hi! I'm Tej from the Philippines. I have moved in Budapest just recently together with my husband and 14 month old daughter. My husband will be working as a software developer here. Just hoping to find new friends in this lovely city. :)

Hi everyone! My name is Livia, I'm Hungarian, I love traveling and languages. I'd like to meet expats living in Budapest and I'm also looking for a native Spanish teacher.

There are many Facebook groups for Budapest and Hungary. There are ALWAYS apartments listed there for rent for both long and short term.  :cheers:
Ryan

Hello,

I am Dimitris I am 27years old and I am from Greece and right now I am living with my partner at Dabas.

I would like to stay and live in Hungary but its hard without a job and also hard to find a job when i speak just the basic Magyar.

Furthermore I love Hungary and especially Budapest and I also like the way of life at Hungary.

Dimitris

Good luck with your future. If you have IT skills there seem to be a few expat opportunities but for basic work the wages are very low and there are lots of unemployed Hungarians. But I believe that if there is anything you really want anything is possible.
Regards Anns.

hi i'm cathy from Philippines.  I'm newbe here too,i would like to make friends. I would like to get to know all filipinos living here in hungary :)

Hi Rita,

Hi, I'm George
I would like to do some winter activities and visit some churches Catholic or orthodox, and I would love to get a ride in the Danube.
I'm staying just for 4 days next January 20 th.
Thanks. !!

I'm having a hard time understanding how this site works.
can anyone help me?
I will be in Budapest soon and I want to be with some people hanging out and having fun. and I don't know what I'm doing here !!

Hello everyone! I am an American who is an English as a second language or ESL teacher  here in Tatabanya.I have been in Hungary for 4 years now and love it! My son also lives here in Tata and is married to a Hungarian women. I love travelling in the country as most places are really beautiful, and I also love the thermal baths!! Looking forward to meeting some of you. Thanks!

[Moderated: Post in English only, on the English speaking forum.]

Hello!

I am Jess. I love to travel and try new foods.

I moved to Csömör Hungary in August 2014. Hungary is my second country to live in other than my home country. Before Hungary, I taught in Nakhon SiThammarat (NST) Thailand for one year. I am excited to live and teach in Hungary.

Hi i am Ali and I am living in Hungry almost 12 tears, I finished my study and got the bachelor degrees of art in the field of business administration and economic, my experience mainly is about the conferences mainly sales and business development, sponsoring the events and many more knowledge which is related to organizing the events, however since each conference i had to study tge program and sales brief as well, so i gained some knowledge in the field of renewable energy, finance, HR, clinical trials and many more.
If you guys have some opportunity which can be related to my activity please let me Know
Looking forward to your reply
Best regards
Ali

Ali,

So sorry you are not looking for the "human" factor in living in Hungary... I can only imagine that money is the most important thing in your life... Good luck...

Thanks,

But i do not need your advice, i am currently looking for the job, and yes money matters

Be careful as the money in Hungary does not go as far as what you would like to think it does. I have lived here for 4 years, and I still struggle with this.

Hi there,
My name is Gabriella Karvak, feel free to call me Gabi.
I am coming from Serbia, I was born in Zrenjanin, raised in Banatski Dvor.
I live in Hungary, in Budapest since 1996.
I am now both Hungarian (EU) and Serbian citizen.

I have experience of acting in commercials/ movies in country or abroad, depending on customers request.
Languages I speak: Hungarian, Serbian, Croatians, English are fluent and I am on conversational level in German language. I also started to learn Spanish.
I am singing world music (various including traditional Hungarian and ex-Yugoslavian music).
Singing, modeling and acting are my passion.
I am modeling in category: 30+/commercial model.

Hobby:
Occasionally I do translations (Hungarian-English, Croatian/Serbian-English) and due to my language capabilities I would like to gain experience also in doing voice-overs for movies/commercials.
I dance Samba and I am very much interested in different cultures.
I am scouting models for a modeling agency and I am a mistery shopper for an international company.
I am less active in this role, but I am also fullfilling the role of  Hungarian ambassador for a Japanese closed Facebook group called: Tsunagu Japan Ambassador Group. I promote Japanese fashion and modeling opportunities.
I am a mother of a 3 year old, who is also occasionally attending jobs with me.

Other skills:
I am reliable, punctual, communicative, multi-tasker and a person with a very good organizing, time-management, project management and task delegating skills with a willingness to relocate for jobs.

Online portfolios:
modelmanagement.com/en/model/gabriella-karvak/   
***couple of reference works included
modelmayhem.com/3311347

My past jobs: hu.linkedin.com/pub/gabriella-karvak/6/342/234/

my reel: youtube.com/watch?v=rHtMRdLEmaU

Facebook fan page: facebook.com/GabiKarvak

Thank you in advance and I hope to hear from you soon,
Best regards,
Gabriella Karvak - Gabi

:o
After what you said. i can only say...
will you marry me? :D

Nope, i am just getting rid of my previous marriage...:P I forget to mention that detail ;)
and common, pls behave, this is a professional site of expats! buahahhaha

georgecolta wrote:

:o
After what you said. i can only say...
will you marry me? :D

Expat.com is not a matrimonial website !  :dumbom:

I will like to thank those who have introduced themselves here as this thread is all about introduction.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Alright !! my apologies  :shy
I'm not even in Hungary anymore. I've already left Budapest last week.
it's just felt right to propose to a girl with your qualifications. because you would surely intimidate a lot of guys and even girls with such resume and life experience and characteristics in addition to how your face looks like. :)

I wish I were that great. again I'm sorry.

And if you ever changed ur mind.I'm here.  :P:D

Alright Priscilla.
I won't do it again. and thanks for the cute hammer smiley face. :D

hm

[moderated: offensive + off topic]

Hello,

I am Nick, moved to Budapest couple of weeks back, loving the classical feel of Budapesht (proper spelling  :one ).

And I hail from India, took an IT job here and hoping to have some fun while I am here.  :cool:

Thanks.

Hi I'm Dominika, 31 years old, born and raised in Budapest.
I'd like to meet new people from around the World. ;)

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I am looking for a hair dresser in Budapest that actually knows how to cut hair.
if possible you should post the name of your new salon.

Hey Marilyn!
These girls are the best. They're also doing extreme hairs, and the place is very close to Blaha Lujza square. ;)

facebook.com/alternativhairsalon?fref=ts

[moderated: removed post requested by the author]

I'll check them out, thanks.
i had a fresh haircut yesterday by my former hairdresser, "crazy" Laszlo. He used to have a shop on Vaci Utca and is around age 62 or so. Sort of a strange but cool dude. he now works out of his flat.
I am still a hairdresser from the US. Getting older but still know a good cut from a bad one. Used to be a hair model for De Cut salons in Calif and for Carlton Hair International. I hate boring hair styles and have had my share of them. Just because a person ages doesn't mean they want to look foolish and boring.
I would love to find a shop in my neighborhood so I'll be sure to look up your link for next time.

Hi, thanks for warm welcome....I am living in Budapest at this moment, but who knows how long..beautiful town, full of surprises ....you have o take care about district in which you are planing to settle...as everywhere, you can find good and kind people and other who are not so happy to see you in their neighborhood.
I am working on several projects in this moment, mostly creative but also well paid.

:)
message to MS Tassy: if you are looking for good hair dresser in Budapest, it is better if you return home and make haircut,..you can believe me.

(Moderated: no free ads here please + post in the Language classes in Hungary section)

Thanks for the haircut advice.
I am actually a hair dresser, trained in the US, perhaps I just know too much and expect too much over here.
I finally broke down and returned to my guy who works out of his apt. in the 5th district. Of course I went home and ran my comb through with shears in hand to make small adjustments, occupational hazard!
Too hard to make 3 connections to Vegas and spend a ton on airfare just for a trim...  If home was closer, I probably would return for cuts and shopping trips.
At least my husband get the benefits of my years of cutting experience, too bad he is losing his hair!

Hi everyone, I'm Putri and I arrived in Budapest last month. I am from Indonesia and will be in Budapest until summer. I'd like to meet a lot of new people in the city!

Closed