New members of the Denmark forum, introduce yourself here

Hopefully I can join u someday :)

Welcome to this beautiful country,  once you get here you'll cope up with the language though it's a bit of a bit** as in is hard, am from Kenya and currently living here and what puts me down is the language though I know the basics

Hi,

we are a family of four based in Melbourne, Australia and are residents of Australia (we were all born here).  We are very keen to make a move to Denmark to work and live and I'm hoping from this forum I can gain some information and ideas from you.  We have not worked overseas before. 

A little about us, my husband is a senior professional (Director level and above) in the Learning & Development, Organisational Development and HR arena and is currently Head of Learning and Organisational Development in the banking sector.  His quals are Masters and above as well as other relevant studies in line with his work.  We do not speak any other language than English.  My husband has worked in Rail & Infrastructure, Government, Energy, Hospitality, Military and now banking sectors.

I myself work part time for Cambridge English (part of Cambridge Uni in the UK) as a HR Manager and have also worked extensively in the University sector in Brisbane, Queensland.  We have two children 8 years and 11 years.

My main queries are is there jobs for English speaking professionals in Denmark?  And if so how do we go about finding these positions and applying for them?  Is it difficult to get Visa's or do companies sponsor you if you are successful in gaining employment? 

I would love to hear from you with any feedback in being able to move and work in Denmark.  We have travelled extensively and really want to live overseas for at least a few years.

Cheers
Vanessa

Hi I am Ankur Kashyap, this week i got danish green card. Now searching job. Now I am planing to move to copenhagen in  2015. Please advice me accommodation and job seeking in Software Testing field, Ecommerce ATG Business Control Center.
Thanks
Ankur Kashyap.

Well, since last year I started to search about Denmark to know better about the country and I really loved it! It seems a very nice place to live and all that I want now is a chance to move there to study and graduate there or work after graduating here in brazil, but sadly I don't know how can I do it and I need help from a brazilian living there.

Hi this is Stephen from India
I have Mba finance with 5 years relevant experience.

I would like to apply for green card and  also I have above 100 points.

If I apply can I get success or is any issues for Indians. What is the process time to get green card. Is any possibility to get with in two months.
very kindly guide me and give advice.

Thanks & regards

Stephen

Hi Arun  Congrats ...this is Stephen from Tamilnadu I am planing to apply through agent . I have above 100  marks If I apply can I get success or any issues for Indians.

My consultant says we can get with in two months is it possibility ?

Kindly advice me pls

If you can kindly call me pls 7402550484

Thank you

Stephen

Hey Vanessa,
I wont recommend you to think of Denmark. Firstly, language barrier is a problem there. Secondly, there is an employment problem in EU. Also, tax rates are terribly high like 36% minimum for whatever salary you take. Also, rules are getting tough day by day. Thanks!

Regards,
Ridhin Sharma

Hey Nitin,
Congrats for your Green card! This side Ridhin Sharma from Gurgaon, a DGC holder like you. Please share you contact with me so that a lot can be discussed.

Regards,
Ridhin Sharma.

Hi everyone , I am atriason innocent from uganda. Planning to move my base to Denmark . I have 4 years experience in Management. I have a graduation in business administration in Management.

I can get my immigration and work visa done in a couple of months , the only apprehension i have about moving out to Denmark is that a lot of people say that ,  Denmark has only a minimal ( few ) job opportunities for English speaking professionals and its,predominantly a Danish job market and the happy s country in the world  , with respect to the language.

Can anyone kindly advice me the job market for only English speaking professionals ( no danish language knowledge) ?

atriason wrote:

Hi everyone , I am atriason innocent from uganda. Planning to move my base to Denmark . I have 4 years experience in Management. I have a graduation in business administration in Management.

I can get my immigration and work visa done in a couple of months , the only apprehension i have about moving out to Denmark is that a lot of people say that ,  Denmark has only a minimal ( few ) job opportunities for English speaking professionals and its,predominantly a Danish job market and the happy s country in the world  , with respect to the language.

Can anyone kindly advice me the job market for only English speaking professionals ( no danish language knowledge) ?

Hi and welcome to EB..

I suggest you read through the many posts regarding work in Denmark on this forum. You will pick up a lot of information there.

Well, since last year I started to search about Denmark to know better about the country and I really loved it! It seems a very nice place to live and all that I want now is a chance to move there to study and graduate there or work after graduating here in Denmark, but sadly I don't know how can I do it and I need help from a Denmark living there.

Hi there, i'm originally from Scotland, but moved here a few months ago for work. So far so good, although need to get more Danish language practice!!

Living in Copenhagen and enjoying ti so far. Hoping to meet more Danes and expats :)

Hello, my name is Bim, living in Nigeria. I am thinking of relocating to Denmark,  I am into network administration, basic experience,  and i have my MBA in human resource, though speak english but dont mind to learn the language, do I stand a chance to get a job? I don't mind starting with volunteer work. Thank you.

Hey Guys

I'm Denise .. I live in Copenhagen, Denmark.

I'm making my final project in marketing management and i need some interviews for the project.. so if there is any finnish people here, living in Denmark ..i would love to hear from you.

And of course if any of you have some questions about living in Denmark .. I would like to help, since i'm Danish and might know the answer ;)

Always happy to meet new people :) ..

Hello Mr .Kevin

Hey Soraya!  Where are you living in Denmark?  Sarah

Hey everyone!  I'm Sarah, from Scotland, 32 years old and living in Aarhus with my Danish boyfriend.  I've been living here for a few years, but as most of my girlfriends have moved on to Copenhagen, I'd love to meet some like-minded woman who'd be up for grabbing a coffee or glass of wine every so often!  I'm a self-employed designer and work alone, so it's not always that easy to meet new people!

my name is tewodros legesse haile i'm living in the largest and richest continent of africa particularly from ethiopia ,which is found in the eastern part of the continent and serve as the prinicipal seat of african union and also i have bachelor degree in law from a well known university of the country....now i want to learn msc in your country

SEX !

Just kidding. What's up, people?

They call me Foxtrot, and I am a 22 year old Moldovan male currently studying at CBS in Copenhagen.
After graduating high school in my country, I've decided to set out for the far away country of China, where I studied and worked mostly, yet also had tons of fun with people from all corners of the globe.

In the end, I've arrived in Copenhagen, in search of fulfillment and personal gain. Just another link in the chain of life, clawing and crawling on life's chaotic path.

I've had my ups and downs, and I've had (and still have) a lot of luck, but I ended up somewhere not so bad compared to some time ago when I first arrived. My advice to everyone - treasure every little bit of peace and tranquility whenever you can - you might not get it again. Shit happens, but it's the circle of life, bitch.

Peace - F

Hi every i came recently to Copenhagen and guys please help me in finding CPR over here , its been a very tough task for me get a CPR over here , please any one help me regarding this Thank you

Hi  how are you , hope you are fine , i came to copenhagen recently and getting bored here because of not having friens and even i would like to meet new people so could you meet me

HELLO FRN

I THINK U R FROM NEARBY MY COUNTRY (INDIA),  HI I M FROM NEPAL AND INTENDS TO COME TO DENMARK BY MID FEB, SO I WILL APPRECIATE IF U HELP ME ND GUIDE.

IF U FEEL FREE PLZ ADD ME DARSHAN CHAND (ON FACEBOOK) OR EMAIL ME AT [email protected]

Thank you

DARSHAN CHAND

Dadarshan wrote:

HELLO FRN

I THINK U R FROM NEARBY MY COUNTRY (INDIA),  HI I M FROM NEPAL AND INTENDS TO COME TO DENMARK BY MID FEB, SO I WILL APPRECIATE IF U HELP ME ND GUIDE.

IF U FEEL FREE PLZ ADD ME DARSHAN CHAND (ON FACEBOOK) OR EMAIL ME AT [email protected]

Thank you

DARSHAN CHAND

Welcome to the forum.

Could you please lower your caps lock when posting as it is considered rude and the same as shouting at someone.
Thank you. 
For security reasons please do not post personal contact details like phone numbers etc on an open forum.

Thanks for your advice

will do accordingly

Hi all,

My name is Amir (Originally from Iran), i have lived as an expat nearly half of my life. I am an engineer coming to work in Copenhagen (In January) after having lived in UK for 5 years. I am an easy going (without a religion) individual, i have lived and worked with people from all over the world. I would like to make as many friends & have memorable moments during my stay in Denmark.

I am looking forward to my new adventure.... :-)

Hi to everybody!
I am Ainara López Córdoba! I am Spanish and I just got a job in Cophenagen and I will move there the 13th of January! I am looking forward to it! :D I have been living in London for 3 years doing my PhD and now is time for a new adventure!

Of course I am looking to meet new people although at the moment some advice on how to look for a place to stay would be great!!!!!

Happy new year and hopefully see some of you soon!!!!

Ainara

Hi!!

I am Ainara from Spain! I have been living in London for 3 years and now I got a job in Copenhagen! :) I am moving there the 13th of January and I would like to meet some people! Friends makes the difference when you live abroad! :D

It would also be great if you can give me any piece of advice regarding looking for an accommodation!

Thanks so much in advance and hopefully we will meet each other!

Cheers,

Ainara.

Hello Nitin,

Congrats for your green card and lucky feel good to share same from my side. I am also planning to be Denmark by mid February.  Do u finalized your accommodation at Denmark ?

I feel good if you share something more about you

Best of luck for further

DARSHAN CHAND
From NEPAL

im a banker in my profession, but i like to move to beautiful country denmark, and work and live there , im from sri lanaka

hope to see you soon

chamath

Hello,
I' Mélanie, still a student, and planning to go live in denmark in a year and a half. I'd like to hear advices and maybe make friends :)
Good luck everyone for your dreams and projects! :)

Hi Guys, any Welsh out there???
Getting tired of the danish dryness;)

Great to have some friends out here!

Regards Natalie Jacobsen

Hi Natalie,
I'm not Welsh unfortunately, but Scottish so have a half decent sense of humour! Haha. Know how u feel though, Danes are a bit colder and harder to get to know!

How long have you been living here for, and are you enjoying it so far?

Linsay

Hello friends,
I am Ridhin Sharma from India, studied from Glasgow,Scotland. Anybody relocating to Copenhagen this month? Please contact me ***

Regards,
Ridhin Sharma :)

Hi All,

Myself Archana and I am from India, I am Software QA and I got my Green Card so I am planning to move at Copenhagen by mid of march. Also I am looking for accommodation, if anyone can suggest me how to get accommodation that will be great help.

Regards,
Archana

Hello !
I'm Ali from Pakistan, did my undergrads in Marketing from a university in Islamabad. Moved to Manchester in 2012 for Masters degree and did MSc International Bus from Salford in 2013 and moved back to Pakistan. Since my return I have been working in a major textile as a supply chain controller. But aah, once an expat always an expat, its been a year since I'm back but really could not settle back. so considering Denmark, seems like a good country though I have fears about language barriers and a different culture than England. But confident that I have been a good chameleon otherwise, lol. I'm friendly outgoing and like to meet new people and make friends. Plus learning new cultures is what I like. Just looking to get some help with my application yet to launch and hope there are friends around here who can help me through with this =) BTW I'm trying to get in Denmark through Greencard scheme and would like to live in the metropolitan area.

Cheerios ;)

Hi Natalie

Hope you alright. But Danes really are dry? Not easy going? I'm already scared lol. But I found Scottish more friendly though.

Ali (about to get to Copenhagen)

Hello everyone,

Just a quick reminder that the forum New members has been created for the new members to be able to introduce themselves here and have a starting point.

It would be great if we could all stick to the topic here. If you have any other questions, requests or topics that you wish to talk about, I invite you to participate on the other threads or else create a new thread on the Denmark forum.

Thank you all,

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

Hi,

My name is Max.I am a native dane who moved to Aarhus Aug 2014 to study mechanical engineering, since i dont know a lot of people who lives in the Aarhus area, i figured i could join this site in hope of making new friends with some foreingers, who doesnt have a large social network here either, i can help you with all practical stuff or getting to know the danish culture.

Wish you all good luck in Denmark!

Sincerely,

Max

Hi Max,

My name is Ami, I am aeronautical/mechanical engineer. I am coming to Denmark to do a 6 months internship. I don't know anybody there. I would like to meet people, especually of similar profession :-)

Hope to see you in there.

Cheers,

Amir

Closed