New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourself here

Hello Everyone from Sir_C (Charles) from Southern USA (NC)

After some research online I am considering visiting Thailand sometime in the future.
Location for my stay would be in Chiang Rai.

Not sure the date of my leaving yet but it may not be very soon.

This forum is a good resource for me.
thanks.

Hi I'm Sarah from Singapore like to meet u guy here.I just been here for one week and wish to get a job here and stay here.

starting in Chang Rai will be a challenge

Hi everyone I from SGD just been here for one week.like to meet more Singaporean here.and also looking for a job here.hope to settle down here.

blackjack2010 wrote:

starting in Chang Rai will be a challenge

Thank you for your response and help.

I only have some info from wikitravel on Chiang Rai:   wikitravel.org/en/Chiang_Rai
And a few travel videos posted online.

Question to you:
what would be the issues faced here and what location makes it easier for a new arrival?
Chiang Rai has transport, accomidations, tourist attractions, and shopping.

One issue I found was some sample flights from an airfare website showed Chiang Rai being highest cost tickets  next was Chiang Mai and then Bangkok was the cheapest destination.

Hi Beny Benz
My daughter Radika Manoharan will be coming to Chiang mai Thailand as a Montessori teacher I want a friend for her we are in facebook as Mano Dharmalingam and our email is [email protected] can you send us your details please
mano

Hi Anjali
My daughter Radika  will be coming to Chiang mai Thailand as a Montessori teacher in March 2015 and I would like her to have a good friend there so please send us your contact details
Thanks
Mano

-25c today. Can't wait to get on the jet to Pattaya

hello brother! you ask my help! i get job for you! but you still looking job! what kind person are you?

saranbeau wrote:

hello brother! you ask my help! i get job for you! but you still looking job! what kind person are you?

As you are a Malaysian living in Thailand how can you get a job for an expat.
Do you work for an employment agency.
What sort of job.
Do you organize visas and work permits.

Hi I'm Cess,

I was in Pattaya a week ago and I'm coming back Mid december for a month. When my job allows me to work remotely, I will be moving to thailand and just do visa runs.

I would want to know and meet locals or expats in pattaya on my visit.

Greetings,
I arrived recently in Bangkok, this is my first visit to Asia.  I'm from Vancouver (and toronto) canada...and i miss the snow a little (because i like to ski).

I'm a part-time artist.  Last year I started an art charity to help kids in developing countries with art.  The charity is called: theartistswithoutborders.org/

It's nice to be here and meet new and interesting people :)
Brian

Hello all.. I am local and live near asok. I would like to have some foreigner friends to exchange language.
Nice to meet you all.

Hello All,

I'm a cameraperson from India specially in sports live shoot and documentary as well. I wanted to shift to thailand. 40x lens to 100x lens expert in live sports shoot like football, horse riding, polo. Also have a interest in teaching english if i get a chance. Please get in touch with me at [email protected]

Hi y'all am new here and will be moving to Thailand so I would love to get acquainted with new friends

Hi, my name is Jonathan. I'm a qualified guitarist looking for a singer or a band to join to work towards long contracts in 5*hotels, cruise, resort etc... I'm living in Nakhonsithammarat but willing to travel to rehearse. Flawless english essential, female preferred. Here's a Clip of my last duo.. m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni1vLPgwxv0

Nice to meet you all:)

Hi my name is Harriet am PR Graduate from Kenya and my visit to Thai I plan to come via a non immigrant visa and during my stay I plan to teach English to kindergarten kids so I would love to know how to go about everything anyone willing to share out I appreciate ,Thanks in advance.

Hi

My son and I would like to come and live in Thailand next year. Pattaya appeals, but I am told it is where prostitutes are and we do not want that. I was also told that there are plenty of houses that are out of that area and would like some guidance on these please. I have been looking on various sites and seen some lovely houses.

Carole.

HELO EVERYONE I AM NEW ON THIS PLATFORM AND AM HUMBLE TO BE HERE TO INTERRACT WITH EVERYONE I  ALREADY INTRODUCED MYSELF BUT I CANNOT SEE MY POST.
AM HARRIET AM KENYAN A PR GRADUATE WITH GOOD COMMUNICAT AND EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT SKILLS  IL BE MOVING TO THAILAND MID DECEMBER OR EARLY JANUARY MY MISSION IS TO LOOK FOR A TEACHING JOB SO ANY HELP RENDERED CONCERNING MY SEARCH I REALLY APPRECIATE THANKS YOU ALL,
REGARDS HARRIET

HARRIET26 wrote:

HELO EVERYONE I AM NEW ON THIS PLATFORM AND AM HUMBLE TO BE HERE TO INTERRACT WITH EVERYONE I  ALREADY INTRODUCED MYSELF BUT I CANNOT SEE MY POST.
AM HARRIET AM KENYAN A PR GRADUATE WITH GOOD COMMUNICAT AND EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT SKILLS  IL BE MOVING TO THAILAND MID DECEMBER OR EARLY JANUARY MY MISSION IS TO LOOK FOR A TEACHING JOB SO ANY HELP RENDERED CONCERNING MY SEARCH I REALLY APPRECIATE THANKS YOU ALL,
REGARDS HARRIET

Hi Harriet

When posting could you please lower your cap lock as posting in uppercase is considered to be rude and is the same a shouting at someone.
Thank you for your understanding

Hi
there are hundreds of thousands of people working and living in Pattaya
SOME are lady workers
Some work in shops and markets like normal folks

Some play golf and eat in fancy restaurants

Some hang out and drink beers and listen to music

There are 1000's of rooms and houses for sale or rent

I suggest you rent for a while to see if you like Pattaya

Drop in and see us some time

for more infoThai Law office Pattaya

Hi

We are thinking of coming to live in Thailand and would love some advice from an expat, if you can spare the time.

Hi

I appreciate that some are lady workers. We would not wish to live too near them and am told the suburbs are fine. Can you please tell me where we should look for a house?

hi my name is Mal i have been coming to Chiangmai for 3 years now i enjoy riding this magnificient country on my motorbike.
i like good food. music and sport.a keen fisherman and chase a little gold in my spare time.currently renovating a condo.i spend most of the year in Chiangmai

Hi Harriet
My daughter is coming to Chiang Mai as a Montessori teacher in March 2015 we would like to get in touch and be friends
mano

Hi
my daughter will be coming to Chiang mai to teach in March 2015
i would like to be in touch with you to share your experiences and good advice
cheers
Mano

Hi Carole
My daughter will be coming to Chiang mai to teach we too will be coming to see her settle down hope to be in thouch to share info
Cheers
mano

we hope to visit chiang mai

we hope to move to chiang Mai - like to be in touch

Hi,

I recently arrived in Bangkok with my family. We live in Ekkamai and have three teenager daughters.

I am mostly working on some new venture in Finance.

I am a member of royal Varuna Yacht Club and love sailing. I also play golf and tennis.

Happy to meet for a chat.

Cedric

Thanks a lot - we will be there in march 2015 and hope to meet
I work as the Coordinator to the mayor of the City of matale,Srilanka and my daughter is coming to teach in Chiang mai - pls forward your email
Cheers
mano

you said you plan to live here
what visa do you want to get?
if you buy a house and land you normally need to set up a company to own it
as foreigners cannot buy the land but they can buy the house

there are many tricks to living here

where you buy your house depends on if you have a car or motor bike to get to the shops or restaurants or the beach

you need to focus your questions more based on what lifestyle you expect

I can answer but be more specific on the above

thanks

Hi, im Ahone Biliance. Im a high school. graduate and looking for a job to work there in Thialand but im presently in Cameroon. I love to come there but i have limited means. Im begging for sponsors so that if i get a job my travelling expenses can be deducted from my salary.
Im truely committed, easily adapt and hard working. Please give me this chance,help me out and you won't regret it. Thanks Ahone Biliance

Hi I have a urgent matter to discuss with you please send your email

hi julien ivhave been coming and going from australia to chiangmai for over 3 years now 2 months thailand 1 month oz
i plan to stay here in the coming months
i guess its just sort out the paperwork on visa etc
i have a couple of condos im renovating but motorbike riding seems to get in the way .as i do all the renos myself.
i enjoy thailand and its people and great fresh food

ahone wrote:

Hi, im Ahone Biliance. Im a high school. graduate and looking for a job to work there in Thialand but im presently in Cameroon. I love to come there but i have limited means. Im begging for sponsors so that if i get a job my travelling expenses can be deducted from my salary.
Im truely committed, easily adapt and hard working. Please give me this chance,help me out and you won't regret it. Thanks Ahone Biliance

Welcome to the forum

Unless you have skill that no one here in Thailand can do and have many years of experience You will not get a job. 
You will not get someone to sponsor you because there are legal and financial obligations for the sponsor. They have to make sure you are accommodated, take care of any financial problems you may have along with any legal problems.  Unless the sponsor is a family member or knows you personally then you will be out of luck.

Hi
Like to get in touch with you

Hi Everyone ,

I'm Pob. I live in Bangkok. The capital of Thailand.
Actually, I would like to help everyone who want to improve Thai language skill.
I will appreciate if you exchange with your own language skill.
Anyway. Travel , Photograph and outdoor activities are my hobbies.

If you want Thai friend while you're traveling in Bangkok.
Please feel free to keep in touch.

Hi will be coming soon to Chiang mai

Closed