Dubai offer 12000 AED is it good?

Hi

I have offer IT developer. they given offer 12000, I have 5 years of experience as Software developer.  currently I am getting 8 Lacs in India.

Now I have offer in Dubai, 12000 AED /month. Its a permanent role for Organization. Also company providing
-> to-from transport from selected residence.
-> Providing health Insurance for me.

I have plan to bring my family ( spouse + son ) to dubai after couple of month.

Let me know what is avg expense for my family ( House rent + expense per Month ) ? ( my office located silicon oasis.

12000 in Dubai , u can hardly meet both ends. If bring family, u need at least 1 bedroom flat means annual 50000 dirhams to pay for rent or a minimum of 35000 per year to stay In Sharjah. Since u want to if kids are school going, cheapest school will cost u 15000 per year per child. I am here with same salary and similar benefits u have been offered with 2 kids school going but after 5 years in Dubai but can't afford to stay in Dubai and living in Sharjah but after expo 2020 announcement, it's even getting harder to stay in Sharjah now. So u can better decide what to do. I am not indian but based on currency value I thing 8 lac in India is much better then 12k in Dubai.

Rest is yours decision, wish u all the best.

minimum 5k will be for accommodation
schooling is 1k
the difference between 8 lac ( in India) and net salary in Dubai, will not be much
12k is a below average

Hi I got offer of 17000 aed per month in dubai.is this a good offer.i want to relocate my family after a year is it a good offer?

sandy261983 wrote:

Hi I got offer of 17000 aed per month in dubai.is this a good offer.i want to relocate my family after a year is it a good offer?

Welcome.

Whether the offer is good or not depends on what has been offered as a whole.
Accommodation '
Medical cover
Transport 

Are these included in the offer, are they separate, or have not been discussed at all??
I am sure other members will contact you soon.

Medical insurance provided
Accommodation and transport I need to take care
Family visa and air ticket toNative they are providing

Well. Depend on ur standard of leaving

It really depends on your lifestyle. You can survive even with this salary, but what about the quality of your life?

absolutely, it all depends on your quality of lifestyle.. if you are not looking at savings, then don't think twice and accept it, and if you are looking at savings, you can still accept it but plan things in advance.
Leisure and Entertainment is a key factor here, apart from Accommodation.

All the best. :)

Hi mujahid5034,

by saying "Leisure and Entertainment is a key factor here" do you mean that is the most trending job because I'm thinking of migrating to dubai but I'm unsure of what roles companies are looking for.

I live and work in Dubai my accommodation is paid by the company I work for as is my transport! My food is around 1000 AED a month DEWA that's electricity and water around 300-500 AED a month I do cook for myself with the occasional extravagance of going out. Empower (centralised AC) approximately 200AED a month depending on where you live you may have a normal AC units which will go on your DEWA bill. TV Internet Du packages start at 335 AED a month. Mobile smart 100 is 100 AED a month. You may also find yourself with a DEWA "tax" based on your annual accommodation rental it is 10% of your rental over 12 months so if you pay 50000 a month it will be 416.67 per month on your DEWA bill.
So add that all up it is approx 2600 AED per month to get by on your own!

Hi Martin,

Thanks for replying! :), That sounds alright to me. Iv seen threads on this where people are offered 8,500 AED a month and people are saying they will find it hard to live ? :)

What do you work as Martin ?
Is the accommodation of a good standard ?
Do they pay for your medical bills?
Did you have to pay for your airfare to Dubai ?

Hi
Don't use my contract as a good example of an Expat contract! My accommodation is great because I get a very large allowance for it! Yes I get private medical. What I was trying to show is what you can get away with to live on from my example! As I said the basic needs are covered by that total! Just be aware some apartments require from six months to twelve months rent in advance plus a deposit.

Regards

Martin

I also get two business class flights home a year.

Kirsey wrote:

Hi Martin,

Thanks for replying! :), That sounds alright to me. Iv seen threads on this where people are offered 8,500 AED a month and people are saying they will find it hard to live ? :)

It IS hard to live with 8,500 AED, especially if you don't have a good house allowance, etc, or if you have kids. Dubai is very expensive. Maybe some people live with that money even in Dubai, but again - what about the quality of their life?