Search person

I am trying to trace a friend of mine from the 1960s when we were both studyong in Cambridge. his name was Larbi Chaya. I think his family was well known in Algeria.
Royston

Hello Royston

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I invite you to post this ad in the Missing people in Algeria section as well, it might help you.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

I'm his daughter , I would love to be contact with u. Perhaps u can tell me stories of you past. Please email me

Moderated by Gavind 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal contact details on the forum for security measures.

Hello malkeith,

It seems to me rather unusual that @Leila Chaya who just joined Expat-blog less than one week ago, is in Canada and not in Algeria, and her very first posting here is to inform you that she is the daughter of the exact person you are looking for. Rather unusual indeed!

I'd strongly recommend that if you do contact her in our private message system, that you don't immediately start sharing all kinds of information. You should ask for some kind of proof (that can be verified) that she is exactly who she claims to be.

I'm not saying that she is not exactly who she claims to be, strange things do happen. I know because they've happened to me, but you must check them out first before jumping in with both feet. In my situation I was contacted through an e-mail by two women (half sisters to each other and my nieces) who were looking for my brother (their father). I never even knew that either of them had been born. However, the truth of what THEY were telling me was immediately obvious. THEY related information to ME about themselves, and their mothers that I knew to be true, since I had known their mothers.

So, she may well be Larbi Chaya's daughter, and I truly hope she is. That said, you must start off from the position that SHE IS NOT - - - for your own protection.

Cheers,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

Dear James,
i have had several conversations with Leila and am very happy that she is indeed larbis daughter.
Royston