British Girl - Newish to KL

okay

[Moderated: This is not a dating website]

Hi Cathy, feel free to contact me if you need anyone to show you around or meet up for a coffee. :)
Hope you will enjoy your stays in Malaysia. :)

Regards,
Jazz

Hi, CathyAnn,

Welcome here,

I'd love to meet new people, to make new friends from all over the earth

It's a plus to learn about other cultures too, I love it

I'm not in KL, but I'm in Johor  Bahru, do come here if you wanna skip the hustle of KL ,

Ive written till im blue in the face on this topic, Malaysia is the easiest place on the planet to make new friends. Ive had friends coming right out my a$$ since the first step off the plane.

A new idea for people.
These sites:
withlocals.com
mealsharing.com
plateculture.com

What it is is that a local host cooks a meal for an expat at their home and you go take the meal and meet new people. The group might be big or small. Simple as that.

I have joined one site and am trying to plan how we would offer this to new-arriving expats. Im working on it. Its very simple for the expat but complicated for the local. (Im an expat but local for this purpose. I like to cook and show and critique food). Meantime take a look at the sites and see if you would like to try meet new people that way. It seems to be rising in popularity.

Someone mentioned churches. That may or may not be good, depends the church and the crowd. Definitely try. Go to a different church every Sunday and see how it goes for you.

My own personal opinion, just my own, blogs and forums are the worst place to try to meet people.

hi i am also an expat , if you are free sometime we can meet at klcc or at great eastern mall . from wangsa maju lrt it is like 2 or 3 station jelatek . drop me out an email

I can't help thinking all you guys must be dreaming that CathyAnn is going to make contact with any of you. Its just not how sophisticated Western women work and think. We have absolutely no need to have a man in our life, but it is an optional extra in most cases. Group activities are far more attractive as a first step anyway, not dating. If any of you get lucky, tell us about it?

Hi, welcome to Kuala Lumpur.  Cheers!

Hi cathy ann, i'm Ivan. I stay at Wangsa Maju too. Which area or condo are u staying in Wangsa pls? Lets meet for drinks and hang out!

Hi
are  you  interested  to  give  private  English  lessons

Dr Mohsen wrote:

Hi
are  you  interested  to  give  private  English  lessons

To whom are you addressing this request ?

Hi Cathy, I'm a Brit, about to start work here, been here 18 months, have 3 daughters. Eldest is 18. If you need any advice or help with anything just PM me. Hate to think you are on your own here with no family. :-)

Hi there Cathy, y not join the friendship club..it's free n we have members all over. You can contact me or msg me (number removed)..thank you and gday Danny.

Hi all,

How are you? Still looking for new friends in Malaysia? I am a Malaysian and love to meet new friends. I always travel to explore the beauty of Malaysia especially islands, beaches and forest.

I am working with travel agency here in Kuala Lumpur as such I am very much familiar with all the happening places and sightseeing places in Malaysia...Perhaps we could gather few new members and go for a weekly or monthly activities...Would you like to join me?

Please do PM me

See ya!!!

Saran

Hey

There are plenty of ways you can meet up people. the night life here is pretty good. feel free to contact me if u wanna grab a coffee or a drink

cheers

(Moderated: No free ads on the forum please + register in the business directory )

Like the sound of new Japanese restaurant but you have to be ultra competitive to survive.

Love to catch for a coffee or two :)

Hi Cathy,

My husband and I just moved back to KL from UK last year. My hubby is British and he misses UK terribly, but with his current job, all his work mates are locals and he has no problems blending in with them.Saying that, if he does bump into any Brits, he seems to get very excited to have a good ol' chinwag talking about home. It is rather difficult at first but once you start knowing 1, the rest will just come along. If you'd like to have a cuppa rosie sometime, then please feel free to pm me! :)

ps: I should mention we also have 2 half-breed little monstrous kids lol :p