Organize an Expat blog meet-up!

[message moderated: please post in the jobs classifieds section]

jakejas wrote:

I am thinking about going to watch an American Football game (Texas A&M) tonight at a sports bar. If any expats want to join, let me know.

Which bar shows college football?

What a pity, I am late for this event! :-( :-) Hope you all had fun and enjoyable time.

NgaDuong wrote:

What a pity, I am late for this event! :-( :-) Hope you all had fun and enjoyable time.

Never be late ;). Every month we have this: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=419961
Hope to see you there on this Sunday.

Thank you Ms. Ngatt (same name with me :-) ), I have read that meeting schedule for tomorrow (Sunday, Nov-16-14), unfortunately, I could not join this time. Maybe next time, I hope. Thank you and wish you will have fun tomorrow. Cheers. Em Nga.

NgaDuong wrote:

Thank you Ms. Ngatt (same name with me :-) ), I have read that meeting schedule for tomorrow (Sunday, Nov-16-14), unfortunately, I could not join this time. Maybe next time, I hope. Thank you and wish you will have fun tomorrow. Cheers. Em Nga.

Hi em Nga,

We had much fun yesterday, because after gathering, some of us had dinner together, went to coffeshop and chatted all the evening, smiled all the time, haha. Now we created a group on FB to chat or go out sometimes. If you want to join, pls join with us next gathering.
It's very happy to say that, last night I suddenly I talked so much, and then, I felt I like to think/write in English. Omg, even I didn't want to text to my friend in Vietnamese :D.

Nice week to "em" ;)

ngattt wrote:

I felt I like to think/write in English. Omg, even I didn't want to text to my friend in Vietnamese :D.

Great! Thats exactly what I have told you once before. Now you can actually 'think in English', just one more step ahead, i.e. 'dream in English'. Come on...

virgoks wrote:

Great! Thats exactly what I have told you once before. Now you can actually 'think in English', just one more step ahead, i.e. 'dream in English'. Come on...

Thanks Virgoks,

I don't know why, but yesterday, when I sent a msg for my friend, I felt uncomfortable when I could't use English with him :(. In next year, there is a professor from Finnal will stay here in 3 months, my colleague say I must speak English well to attend some classes, and support him. I am very afraid if I can't communicate with some guests of my university. That's why I need study English harder!

diver-74 wrote:

that's a great idea

in Hanoi

please do :)

Hi guys, any meet-up in Hanoi soon?  :top:

Hi Guys , hope I don't offend anybody , we are opening a new bar in the next few weeks in Ho Chi Minh  D1 and would love to invite you all down for a catch up and certainly for some a taste of home. I won't name the restaurant so as not to annoy anyone with my cheap grab of free advertising !! , but seriously would love to host a Catch up or a pre Xmas event etc .. Just let me know if we can do anything to arrange this... Cheers Eamonn

Hello Eamonn64

Maybe if you are willing to put up a Big Sign of Expat.com in your Bar we can help you organize a great Expat.com Meet Up in HCMC!

We already have some members who organizes meet up often in HCMC, and they make photos and videos of the event which we share amongst members of Vietnam :)

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

I also want to meet -up members in Hue. But it seems there are few people in here :(

I'm Andreas and will be the new one to Hanoi in 2015. Hope to see you guys

I think its nice to meet new people in town. I live in Dist 7. Where & when - to bring up  the meet?
best,
H

Hi,
Is there any Expat.com meet-up  in Hanoi in coming time?

thanks,
H

I have not moved to VN yet but I will be there in January, we should organise a regular catch up at a bar once every two weeks? Would be a great way to network and meet people!

dndiemmy wrote:

I also want to meet -up members in Hue. But it seems there are few people in here :(

Hi, Please advise me where are you living now in Hue, we can meet to each other for drinking coffe orr something like that.

xuanhoa6588 wrote:
dndiemmy wrote:

Hi, Please advise me where are you living now in Hue, we can meet to each other for drinking coffe orr something like that.

My, now you can meet one more expat friend in our hometown. Dont be upset, i think so many expat live in our hometown. Try to connect them, my friend  :D:dumbom:

Hi, I am living in Imperial city, do you know Le Thanh Ton Street? really nice to hear that and more wonderful if collecting some friends more.

:idontagree: I think so, try to connect some friends. :rolleyes:

I am Vietnamese, can I join?

yes, of  course. you are living in Hue?

Hi John
I'm in Hai Phong. If u need someone to hang out for further understanding about HP.
U can contact me.  :)

im live Huecity

can I join this group? thanks

Hi you,
Im Thanh, living dist 7 near PMH area. I m happy when around dist 7 to know many things more.
Please sms to me: 0933988343. Nice to meet you.

Hi Diem My,
I'm alo living in hue now, you can drop me a tex via my cell phone number: 01203763268
Look forward to meeting you!!

Hi, Xuanhoa
i got your phone number, should we meet-up the others in Hue?
hey, everyone is living in Hue, if you are interested in meeting new friends,
please join with us, le's give time and place you can go,
we can arrange a meeting :par:

great idea:) Count me in !

Any meet ups in Hanoi?

If not, I will post a schedule for meet up separately.

Great idea,

I live in Bien hoa (Dong nai). Tell me if any expat available here

I'm living is Saigon for 3 years now! I definitely would like to join and meet some expats! :)

Me too :)

Yeah, me too...

(Moderated:  :offtopic: , the topic is Organize an Expat.com meet-up! )

Have the venue and we are interested

Hi I am moving to Saigon on the 28th feb so let me know of any events - want
to meet fellow ex pats and Vietnamese

rich

Hi,
I would like to join, too.
Count me in.

Just found out im  going to Hanoi for the first two months of my work, so happy to hear of any meets there, and then i will be back in Saigon - and then I can't imagine there being any on Phu Quoc but i am moving to there for the new Safari project

keep me posted

rich

Any meet up during this TET holiday ? I am going to stay in Saigon during this holiday. So anyone wants to meet up / drink / music ? Let me know. It will be my pleasure to have you as my new friend.

Cheers !