Employed or Self Employed

Hiya to one and all.
I am a self employed office equipment service / CCTV engineer (computers-photocopiers-fax and everything associated with an office).

what would you recommend setting up my own business out their or working for a company as an employee ? is there a demand for this type of trade.?

I have a wealth of knowledge and la evel headed attitude to managing employee's and customers alike.I have a straight forward approach to problems and find being honest with clients will always win them other.

if you know of any company wanting a reliable mature engineer or think Gib could do with a small but big thinking company which can supply servicing and repairing of office equipment thn please let me know or point them in my direction .

appreciate all input

regards
Mark

Why not come out for a holiday and have a look around?

Regards

Grumpy

Hi Grumpy.

thank you for the reply , I am looking at booking an holiday late jan early feb , Can you offer any pointers on finding work and homes etc.

Work is difficult because I am not familiar with your area.
However take a look through http://www.gibyellow.gi/  yellow pages and see who is here.
The biggest company appears to be OSG who I belive are part of the Bland family who are into everything.

For homes take a look at http://propertygibraltar.com/

The reason for sugesting a holiday is that it will give you a better insight into Gibraltar and also the opportunity to knock on a few doors

Regards

Grumpy

Hi Grumpy , Thanks again. I will check out the yellow pages as you have advised. I have registered with a Gibraltar internet job search website and forwarded my details and C.V etc and I have being informed if a employer comes across my details and is interested they may call me via telephone and conduct a partial interview and then if they think I may be suitable invite across for a formal interview in  person, have you heard this to be true.?. I do agree with you , I /We should have a small holiday or break at Gibraltar so we can look at possible companies for employment or look at how viable it would be to setup my own business out there.
looking on the web residential property prices are high and this may present a problem, however commercial properties are priced reasonable.
all in all quite a lot to look at and consider, especially my age, don't know if that will hold any weight but it certainly don't hold any water across here with the employer's.

thanks again and please keep the advice coming appreciated.
regards
Mark