New members of the Poland forum, introduce yourself here

ETHIOPIAN WHO WILL BE IN POLAND NEXT MONTH.WANT TO KNOW PEOPLE THERE.

thank you :)

Hi all ... I am new in here, so would be happy to know friends form here to share some of good information

Greeting,
Nur

Hello all!

I've lived in Kolo, Poland for over a year with my family, and we enjoy it very much, and intend to stay for several more years. We love to meet new people and our home is always open. :-) Drop us a line if you're in the area. I was raised on the West coast of the US, and worked in Indianapolis for a couple years before transferring to the company's office in Poland to work as a international PR guy. And I speak Spanish.

Hello, I'm Adrianna and I'm currently living in Poznan :) I would like to talk with people who live or want to move to Poznan,

Hello.
My husband and I moved to Krakow few months ago. We love this city but we lack contact with people, who are in similar situation. It would be fun to meet new friends. I was born in Poland but emigrated 25 years ago. Steve, however, is an Englishman and never lived abroad. We play golf, tennis (unfortunately only Steve is fit enough for this game lol), like music, traveling, good company and good wine (lol). If someone also looking for companionship, it would be nice to make contact.
Marzenna and Steve

jakethrelkeld wrote:

Hello all!

I've lived in Kolo, Poland for over a year with my family, and we enjoy it very much, and intend to stay for several more years. We love to meet new people and our home is always open. :-) Drop us a line if you're in the area. I was raised on the West coast of the US, and worked in Indianapolis for a couple years before transferring to the company's office in Poland to work as a international PR guy. And I speak Spanish.

Shame you are so far from us. Wish you and your family all the best

henrypolny123 wrote:

My life in Poland.
I was born in Poland but then went. I have come back in Krakow since this year. I came by plane (in Balice airport).
I again meets the area of Krakow. I think Krakow is the most beautiful city in southern Poland. I saw the Wawel and Old Town. I have a small room with a view of the castle. People there are very kind and helpful, you can speak English with almost every people (my Polish language is not good, yet ;)
For example I met some girl who showed me a special place: Zakrzówek, there is a lake and if you want you can swim there. The water is very deep you can jump if you like it ;) I have never been before in this a magical place.
I had also been in Auschwitz. Is the most terrible place if I ever seen before. (If you want read something about this Museum you can visit: Krakowdirect).
I agree with every one who chose Krakow and moved there, Poland is good place to live especially the southern Poland.
If you are new in Krakow, just like me, You can write me a massage and maybe We can meet in future.

Henry ;)

Hi. I am in similar situation. Emigrated 25 years ago and moved to Krakow with my husband 5 months ago. Originally from Gdansk, decided for Krakow as both Steve and I just love this city.
Meeting new friends in Poland is not difficult but Steve's Polish is still limited (although he does his best). We ale looking therefore to meet people with similar experience.
Marzenna

I am Samuel. I am moving from Africa to Warsaw to come and study and I will like to know more things about Poland and I will be glad to learn about life in Poland here

PaulaGC wrote:

Hi Dave,
I moved to Krakow 4 months ago and the city is really beautiful, everything is really near and the transport connections are really great. Polish people Krakow is a little bit hard they don't get in touch with everyone immediately and even if you are working with them, they probably won't hang out with you after work, but there are some exceptions I find a few during this months whom with I chat with but rare situations most of all.
The city has a lot of museums which is really awesome some are art museums, other are history, well culturally speaking Krakow is really rich. They have a pretty castle with a really big and nice garden to visit and in one of the rooms you can find a sculpture of a dragon that spits fire as the dragon is the symbol of Krakow.
You can ride you bicycle almost every where. If you like nature then you can go to the Kopiec.
One of their typical dishes are dumplings or pierogi.
Regarding jobs opportunities I'm trying to find a job since I get here but I couldn't find one yet.
Well I hope that this info helps you and if you have more specific questions then let me know and I'll try to answer them :D
Kind regards, Paula

Hi. My husband and I are also new to Krakow. True, I was born in Poland but emigrated 25 years ago. My opinion about Polish people is probably not objective. However, I lived in England for 15 years, worked there as a landscape architect in large office being fluent in English. Still, finding friends was extremely difficult. I use to live in Germany (10 years) and Italy (only 6 months) and  England was the most difficult in this respect.

My husband (English) wanted to move to Krakow mainly because of friendly people. We are here (I am originally from Gdansk) 5 months and he is very warmly invited to various birthdays, dinners, drinks and so on.
His secret is: he learn Polish and people here appreciate this a lot. Nobody expects here that foreigners are completely fluent, as it was expected of me in England, but an effort is appreciate very much.

Therefore my advice: you live in a country, learn their language and life will be great.

By the way, if you are looking for contact, please get in touch with us. We, although have some friends already, also look for more contacts, especially with English speaking. We could exchange experience, help each other and make our life in a new country a bit easier.

Marzenna& Steve

Hi.

I have been living in Warsaw for the last two months and plan to be here another 10.  I teach Business English at a local private Academy.  I am from California. So the weather seems a little harsh.  Like some of the people! But in general people here are nice and helpful once you reach out and get to know them.  I find Poles are very hard workers and have high ethics.  Their seriousness comes from their history. And it is rightly so. 

I do hope to find some people around my age (61) that we can explore the city, country and when opportunity arises, Europe.

Thank you for this site. 

Fay

Krakowketts wrote:

Hi
My name is Clare and I first visited Kraków 8 years ago but moved here on a permanent basis 1 year ago

And how are you finding life in Krakow?

Marzenna & Steve

Fáilte!
I am a descendant of Irish immigrants living in Poland. Although I was born here, my heart still belongs to Ireland. I miss my homeland, I would like to return there, but at the moment it is not possible for many reasons. I would like to get in touch with other Paddys who live in my area.
Best wishes to all of you!
Matt

Hi, im Victor.I live in Warsaw, wouldnt mind meeting some people so I can brush up on my english. Also would love to move to Japan some day. Or some other Asian country. Anybody here from those regions?

[Moderated: No free ad]

Hello everybody, I'm Mohamed Ashour and I'm living in żielona góra 3 months ago, I haven't any friends here I couldn't go to study music because I'm 22 years old and I must wait 8 months to make application  to join private school and I couldn't even find work in any place because they have right to search about someone must speak Polish but I didn't know before my arrive,I feel disappoint so much but I'm still optimastic!

Hi all!

I'm from the Netherlands.

I've lived in Canada for a yr, in Krakow for around 5 yrs, and now since 2 yrs in Warsaw.

I stumbled upon this forum only recently. I would be happy to meet new, friendly + interesting people in Warsaw. I speak Dutch, English, and (some) Polish as well! :)

Hello ... I'm from indonesia been in here for 7 month. Speak english & bit polish.
Like to meet new friend too for coffee or explore some place in warsaw

hello

I want to move Poland

please can you give me some information

I will be very thankful to you

awaiting for your reply

[Moderated: Avoid copy/paste on the forum.]

Hi, What kind of information you require related to your move to Poland ? Brgds Wojciech Zacharski

Hi!

I'm living in Kraków 4 years, just finished study here and now I'm working as a receptionist & event manager at hostel, and also as a party guide for foreigners ;) If you want to go for a drinks with cool people from all over the world just let me now!
Also feel free to message me if you need any tips or informations about Krakow. :)

Regards!
Ola

I come from india and stay in poland five year for PhD study

Hi, I'm new from Philippines. I have Polish boyfriend, he lives in Szczecin, Poland and we're planning to get married next year April.

Hi I am Pakistani here for 4 years doctorate.Will anybody help in purchasing any business for upto 25000 Zloty from where I can earn my living.do contact 0048729348991

Hey Marzenna & Steve Its David here looking for the same.Call 0048 729348991

Sobia its nice to see someone from Pakistan .Do call me well have a chit chat 0048729348991

Hello i need some Info regarding immigration if I come on visit visa I will raise my points if ur willing to help

Hello!

I am from Kharkiv, Ukraine. I'm coming to Poland next month to work as a software developer. So, currently my papers are being prepared for the work permit. Meanwhile I'm searching for an apartment to rent. Actually I've been to Poland before as a tourist and enjoyed it very much.
That's my quite usual story.

Happy holidays, everyone!

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com! ;)

Thank you for your introduction. If you have any questions about life in Poland, you should start a new topic on the forum for a better visibility.

Thank you
Wish you all a Happy new year.
Christine

Hey guys,

Just saying hello :)

I am living in WAW for a bit already and now looking for a decent polish course.

Apart from that I am an easy going person who is often up for a party.

All the best!

Hello I will come polantd Warsaw this year in winter semester , I just want yto know what is policy of student work and what is hourly wages  ? Thanks   mavia

Hello dear I  want knowhourly wages of Poland in Warsaw city I will come as a student , if m from Pakistan Karachi ok thanks

What isbhourly wage in Poland  if u reply i ts helpful for me

Hi all,
I come from Italy.
I moved here for working reasons, following my field: tourism.
I began as a tourist and now I am working FOR tourists :-)
I am actually working for an airline and for a real estate agency: porterfree.com and appartamenticracovia.com
Thank you!
Daniele

I recently came back to Poland after 10 years abroad, including 4 years in India. I started a yoga and movement school called 5 Elements in Krakow... Everyone is invited for our yoga classes in English at Rynek Glowny 34, Krakow, Sundays at noon.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=437622

Thanks!

Closed